Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 73 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SupremeMod

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would be disappointing if Queen's similar to Katakuri or has one hell of a defense, and especially if Luffy's still shackled.
I think you misunderstood. If Luffy is still shackled he should be easily beaten.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Going with Obelixtheme... he probably is stupid powerful strengthwise.
Like Kingpin? Since we were told that his "fat" is muscle.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Higher bounty than Katakuri, but far lower than Luffy's. 300 mil+ lower actually ( not sure his exact bounty to be honest)

I'm not convinced Luffy would have a have a massively hard time with a Commander that doesn't have future sight or something equally toublesome.

Luffy only performed as badly as he did against Katakuri because he couldn't touch the guy. I also don't think Queen is stronger than Katakuri.

I dont think Luffy is gunna stomp the guy, but if Luffy looks the slightest bit impressive I'd be okay with it.

At the same time, if Queen just put in work and waxes the floor with Luffy I'd be just as happy. Kaido's crew has been a joke so far, it's about time someone did something eye opening.

Edit: I guess waxing the floor with a weakened Luffy isnt impressive either, but oh well lol

Has Luffy ever lost to someone with a bounty lower than his that wasnt a gag or for comedy sake?

Serious question, I cant remember

Enel didnt have a bounty and if he did it would have been 500 Mil (databook) so higher than Luffy's

Crocodile/Moriah/Doflamingo had frozen bounties

Mallegan/Lucci didnt have bounties

Cracker/Katakuri had higher bounties

I just cant remember any more
Shit. You're right. I forgot that Luffy went to 1.5 billion. I was thinking it was 1 billion.

Hmmmm I need to stop drinking and smoking lol

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Like Kingpin? Since we were told that his "fat" is muscle.
That, or his fat serve as a rubberbody, so that normal punches wont get through. Would be funny after Katakuri who had imitated Luffys Attack with Mochi, we would have his defense reflected to him.

SupremeMod

Reaction score
Country
United States
That, or his fat serve as a rubberbody, so that normal punches wont get through. Would be funny after Katakuri who had imitated Luffys Attack with Mochi, we would have his defense reflected to him.
OMFG Queen is going to be a stegosaurus. Calling this right now! Don't know if anyone else has, but I'm taking claim :p

In my drunk and high stupor, I realized it.

That devil fruit isn't taken, right?

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why are you still addressing him in a feminine manner? It's been unambiguously addressed that Queen is a man.
Queen is Okama, don't think it matters you address him as a her or him since they are fine with it.

It wrecks Moe's plan of Sanji taking on Queen. :teach
Who said anything about that? If anything Sanji can face easily King. Those two are heavily implied to be opponents for Sanji especially within the community. The other probably face Law since he need top tier opponent to face before assisting to fight Kaido with Luffy and Kidd.

While Zoro get Orochi for his final fight as hinted on especially he need some more swordsman fights on his hand.

It would wreck their plans if they took out a Yonko Commander before the final battle? Really? Lol

Luffy has over a week to recover...

It would accomplish the same thing that Sanji defeating P1 accomplished... dwindling Kaido's numbers. Defeating Queen would be a major hit to Kaido

I'm still not convinced he's not a Okama lol. I still use "she" as well
YC being defeated send bigger message than an Top 6 fighter. It let the enemy know their Alliance is trying take them down and be more on guard as well want cancel event. If Orochi is already 'paranoid' of the mishaps, he will signal for it to end. It's not truly the same at all.

Plus if a YC or few of them get defeated already before the final battle, it takes hype away of the Beast Pirates. The tension won't be as much if their forces dropped intensely by losing their top fighters. It need to be challenge fight for many, not just Kaido and few people. Just saying, they don't need to take many people now as they can still can for festival.

I know they will dwindle their numbers, but don't see YCs being out from the final fight, but below them, more possibly though.

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Enough about Sanji & Luffy, we should see Zolo now and more samurais. It’s supposed to be Zolo’s story now but he’s missing out now.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

I didnt think it would be a joke, i just made a note, that it would be an option. I never read your stolen sword theories since i mostly skip your posts for sanity.
Oh shit lol @King Moe. Oh yeah! you did predict Zoro getting his swords stolen. I remember that hahaha. Good job

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
:epicfacepalm
Bruh... This is ridiculous. What you're saying is ridiculous. Don't let your love for Sanji, or rather, your hate for Zoro fans who mock Sanji, make you become this biassed.
What? It's true. When did Sanji gotten medical treatment for his fight with Vergo? I never seen it and he even ran with that same leg afterwards. I don't think someone who was gotten a 'fractured' would run with a hurt leg. Zoro got hurt and needed his medical treatment with his wounds after his fight. Not taking anything away from Zoro nor do I hate him, but being honest that Sanji's situation wasn't as 'damaging' as few continue to insert about the case. Just telling you the truth about it.

How do you conclude that I am upset when I enjoy your headcanon?
I am not interested in Zoro facing Orochi but it sounds like Orochi would be an opponent to push Sanji beyond his limits. I am more interested in Sanji taking on Orochi than Zoro taking him on. Sounds epic if Sanji beats a hybrid zoan swordsman with 8 swords, would push Sanji to Yonko/Admiral level.
Nah, King and Queen are too weak for Sanji, Orochi is much better for him as final opponent. It's also heavily implied, Orochi was about to kill a lady, time to see those anti-manner kicks.
You said that word when your mad about things. Your easy to read man.

I don't mind that at all if Sanji face up with Orochi, but he got his route set for YC more, so don't think about it much. Zoro will face him more once he heard more about his reputation about being a swordsman, thus attracting him to fight him. I am just saying it make sense on how it could end up with Zoro vs Orochi in the end is all.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You said that word when your mad about things. Your easy to read man.

I don't mind that at all if Sanji face up with Orochi, but he got his route set for YC more, so don't think about it much. Zoro will face him more once he heard more about his reputation about being a swordsman, thus attracting him to fight him. I am just saying it make sense on how it could end up with Zoro vs Orochi in the end is all.
So whenever someone calls your fiction a headcanon they are mad?

I definitely see Sanji take on Orochi because he attacked Komurasaki, Robin and O-Toko. He gonna teach him some manners with anti-manner kicks.
Also, at the same time we see how Sanji overcomes the weakness of going against sharp weapons. I'm hyped for that fight.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
What? It's true. When did Sanji gotten medical treatment for his fight with Vergo? I never seen it and he even ran with that same leg afterwards. I don't think someone who was gotten a 'fractured' would run with a hurt leg. Zoro got hurt and needed his medical treatment with his wounds after his fight. Not taking anything away from Zoro nor do I hate him, but being honest that Sanji's situation wasn't as 'damaging' as many continue to insert about the case. Just telling you the truth about it.
You and I both know Zoro would've evaded all the nails if Luffy and Tama weren't there. He was handicapped. How can you miss the fact he only got hit because Luffy was there?

Infact, It's nothing new. Even Sanji was also treated by chopper after he saved Luffy at whole cake island. And if I recall correctly, he was also protecting Luffy when the bullets were directed at him. Let's face it, he would've looked much worse than Zoro did, if he was in Zoro's shoes at that point.

Also, by stating Sanji was able to run just fine after his bones got broken, are you implying that Zoro was so damaged that he wouldn't have been able to continue his fight with Hawkins?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
You and I both know Zoro would've evaded all the nails if Luffy and Tama weren't there. He was handicapped. How can you miss the fact he only got hit because Luffy was there?

Infact, It's nothing new. Even Sanji was also treated by chopper after he saved Luffy at whole cake island. And if I recall correctly, he was also protecting Luffy when the bullets were directed at him. Let's face it, he would've looked much worse than Zoro did, if he was in Zoro's shoes at that point.

Also, by stating Sanji was able to run just fine after his bones got broken, are you implying that Zoro was so damaged that he wouldn't have been able to continue his fight with Hawkins?
He didn't need to protect them at all. Luffy was fine, he can handle himself and didn't need that. That's no excuse of the situation at all. What makes you think Luffy is some guy who get hurt easily like that especially protecting someone? No excuse when man has Haki and could have predicted the nails or use hardening on his skin to deflect the damage too. When your train by someone called 'Hawkeyes' Mi'hawk', you should have more awareness in blocking things to not get hurt, Zoro couldn't do that. Tell me how Mihawk would react to the situation if he saw that?

You can't compare neither scenes as Sanji was running and protecting Luffy from an horde of angry Yonko members after hearing Katakuri's defeat compare to them being chase soley by Hawkins who is calm and do things 'whatever' perspective instead. Your stretching yourself on comparing them both. Luffy also was no condition after hurt from his fight, it all make sense for Sanji, not same for Zoro with an healthy Luffy next to him. Yeah Sanji was worse as he was facing an Horde of Yonko members, Zoro was facing one guy, please don't insert they are a same or you look biased on your end as neither are that exactly in context.

When I said? Never did, of course Zoro can still fight, but in a long term fight with Hawkins, probably to the point he gets more severely hurt than before if Hawkins isn't even trying with that first move. Just saying for Zoro to get played like that and also get medical treatment is not the same case for Sanji in his fights as he has 'handicaps' in there, Zoro did not have anything holding him back on his and yet still got played by him :s.

So whenever someone calls your fiction a headcanon they are mad?

I definitely see Sanji take on Orochi because he attacked Komurasaki, Robin and O-Toko. He gonna teach him some manners with anti-manner kicks.
Also, at the same time we see how Sanji overcomes the weakness of going against sharp weapons. I'm hyped for that fight.
You use it as far as I know lately as a way to show emotions when you don't like my posts. Just saying.

True, but so far he aiming for Queen more as the direction is heading there especially after Sanji took out one of his T6H's assassins, so it's set up to come, but can also come across King to with his rivalry with Queen and similarites he shares with Sanji a whole lot. Also what weakness? He never had anything bad with blades. Never touch them and he can easily break them with his legs.

Good luck with Zoro vs Orochi as I know Zoro fans would enjoy swordsman fight more for sure with these two characters ;).

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
To cut you some slack, Sanji gets to beat all 3 Calamities, you theorized about him fighting each of them so it's heavily implied. :teach
Zoro will fight Batman, Orochi is too stronk.
Dont underedtimate the batman, he can beat anyone with prep time.

Extreme diff for zoro without prep time, low diff for Batman with preptime.

@King Moe What exactly do you mean by "heavily implied" cause right now nothing concrete points at Sanji's final opponent.

The best hints we have thus far are
  1. all three Clalamities use blades,
  2. Minks having a grudge against Jack,
  3. Sanji crying at komurasaki's death and thus having a grudge against orochi

In my opinion, King will face either:
  • Zoro when he learns how to cut fire(heavily implied)
  • a Supernova(Law or Kidd)
  • Smoothie (water vs fire)
  • Marco the phoenix(flames vs flames, flying zoans).
  • Sabo
YC1 is a very tough fight, as they are right now I dont see King going down easily we have seen what Jack is capable of and King is going to be even stronger.

Queen's potential opponents:
  • The guy who was in the cell
  • Ashura douji+help
  • Several Swordsmen from Kin'emon group
  • Zoro (looking for a brutal swords fight)
  • Big Mom (Both big )
  • Diamond Jozu
  • Jimbe + Sanji (if Queen is nerfed, the new wadamatsu but much deadlier)
I wish Big mom was the one who beat or at least nerf Queen for his next opponent. We need that Big mom hype restored especially if we are to get an Elbaf arc later with Big mom's conclusion.

Jack will face:
  • Su long Inurashi+Su long Nekomamushi (they give up their loves to avenge their people)
  • Zoro (becomes Zoro's Cracker before he faces his end game opponent, a match of endurance)
  • Kidd to hype him up as YC level.
  • soloed by Urouge himself low diff
Jack is interesting as some of the alliance members have a reason to fight him a rematch with the minks would be the most logical scenario imo. He is most probably the weakest all star but his durability and tenacity are through the roof.

Orochi:
  • Sanji (havent forgiven for komurasaki perfect opponent after PO)
  • Queen (havent forgiven for komurasaki)
  • Kin'emon
  • Komurasaki +Momonosuke (for the finishing blow)
Orochi has been anticipating the return of the Kozuki and his own death, it would be more meaningful to have him die at the hand of the samurai or the children of Oden himself.

Flying 6:
  • Xdrake vs Samurai Kyoshiro
  • 2nd strongest vs Brooke
  • 3rd strongest vs Bepo
  • 4th strongest vs Franky
  • 5th strongest vs Jean Bart
  • Page one vs Sanji (rematch)
Robin vs the ninja chief
Carrot vs kunoichi girl
Nami vs thousands of soldiers
Chopper having trouble vs gifters.

I also expect some betrayals in Kaido's ranks.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dont underedtimate the batman, he can beat anyone with prep time.

Extreme diff for zoro without prep time, low diff for Batman with preptime.

@King Moe What exactly do you mean by "heavily implied" cause right now nothing concrete points at Sanji's final opponent.

The best hints we have thus far are
  1. all three Clalamities use blades,
  2. Minks having a grudge against Jack,
  3. Sanji crying at komurasaki's death and thus having a grudge against orochi

In my opinion, King will face either:
  • Zoro when he learns how to cut fire(heavily implied)
  • a Supernova(Law or Kidd)
  • Smoothie (water vs fire)
  • Marco the phoenix(flames vs flames, flying zoans).
  • Sabo
YC1 is a very tough fight, as they are right now I dont see King going down easily we have seen what Jack is capable of and King is going to be even stronger.

Queen's potential opponents:
  • The guy who was in the cell
  • Ashura douji+help
  • Several Swordsmen from Kin'emon group
  • Zoro (looking for a brutal swords fight)
  • Big Mom (Both big )
  • Diamond Jozu
  • Jimbe + Sanji (if Queen is nerfed, the new wadamatsu but much deadlier)
I wish Big mom was the one who beat or at least nerf Queen for his next opponent. We need that Big mom hype restored especially if we are to get an Elbaf arc later with Big mom's conclusion.

Jack will face:
  • Su long Inurashi+Su long Nekomamushi (they give up their loves to avenge their people)
  • Zoro (becomes Zoro's Cracker before he faces his end game opponent, a match of endurance)
  • Kidd to hype him up as YC level.
  • soloed by Urouge himself low diff
Jack is interesting as some of the alliance members have a reason to fight him a rematch with the minks would be the most logical scenario imo. He is most probably the weakest all star but his durability and tenacity are through the roof.

Orochi:
  • Sanji (havent forgiven for komurasaki perfect opponent after PO)
  • Queen (havent forgiven for komurasaki)
  • Kin'emon
  • Komurasaki +Momonosuke (for the finishing blow)
Orochi has been anticipating the return of the Kozuki and his own death, it would be more meaningful to have him die at the hand of the samurai or the children of Oden himself.

Flying 6:
  • Xdrake vs Samurai Kyoshiro
  • 2nd strongest vs Brooke
  • 3rd strongest vs Bepo
  • 4th strongest vs Franky
  • 5th strongest vs Jean Bart
  • Page one vs Sanji (rematch)
Robin vs the ninja chief
Carrot vs kunoichi girl
Nami vs thousands of soldiers
Chopper having trouble vs gifters.

I also expect some betrayals in Kaido's ranks.
I am just gonna ignore most of the others as we had this talk before on Sanji and Zoro before. No mood for talk again especially lacking claims like these for opponents. Sanji either Queen and King due to heavily hinted. I do see Zoro and King, but hardly by himself after Hawkins fight. Orochi is shaping more ideal opponent due to swordsman quest. King never mention for his swordsmanship. We seen glimpse of his power fight more with flames than sword, so don't want a Pica repeat much on him fighting someone more on DF than swordsmanship. Would be slap to our faces if his final opponent isn't a swordsman much again when we are in Wano the land of Samurais after all.

Jimbei be late, he fight off Sweet Commanders probably Smoothie to help out or even Daifuku and Oven as well.

Headcanon is used to describe something that your imagination produces and has no confirmation in manga and when you reply with something that has nothing to do with the actual question. Those things you do all the time and those things are described as headcanon, it has nothing to do with emotions and whether I like your posts or not. Look up the definition of Headcanon but I am not sure if you are able to see yourself as someone using headcanon because we are calling you out on it for quite some time and you energetically and emotionally refuse it.

Sanji doesnt forgive those who attack ladies so no one is being set more as Sanji's opponent than Orochi. Zoro can take on Calamities because they are all swordsmen while Sanji overcomes his weakness against sharp blades. ;)
Again Nik87, calm down dude. Your taking too seriously when we not doing that. You can say all you like, but your easy to read the more you keep using the word. Learn to be calm and not let words get to you when its just opinions and theories.

Thanks, but nah. We all are toured Zoro facing more DF power opponents. We need true swordsmanship and that's Orochi. Sanji got Calamities on his own and Zoro need to overcome how to handle swords after once again failing to stop his getting stolen again. So Orochi the one to teach them that.

Last edited:

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
@KingMoe tell me where is it heavily implied that Sanji will face Queen or King? The other guy gave good examples on who the calamities will probably face off with. You are the worst Sanji fan ever, you use your emotions more than anyone when it comes to Sanji. You make Sanji look bad & you’re hate towards Zolo just puts you down. Zolo got treatment after his fight but Sanji didn’t? Well how about this, did Zolo imply that if he kept fighting Hawkins it would be bad, like Sanji did after fighting Vergo? Sanji felt the after effects on his leg after the fight. I don’t see Sanji fighting the calamities maybe OroChi since he looks weak and preys on woman. I see Zolo fighting at least Jack

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
@KingMoe tell me where is it heavily implied that Sanji will face Queen or King? The other guy gave good examples on who the calamities will probably face off with. You are the worst Sanji fan ever, you use your emotions more than anyone when it comes to Sanji. You make Sanji look bad & you’re hate towards Zolo just puts you down. Zolo got treatment after his fight but Sanji didn’t? Well how about this, did Zolo imply that if he kept fighting Hawkins it would be bad, like Sanji did after fighting Vergo? Sanji felt the after effects on his leg after the fight. I don’t see Sanji fighting the calamities maybe OroChi since he looks weak and preys on woman. I see Zolo fighting at least Jack
Tell me where you don't see it? He defeated Queen's sent assassins being Page One, leading a line to facing Queen herself once he hears who bested him and wanting to take care of him himself. Through that direction it can lead to King who the community said he has similar traits to give hint of them probably to fight. I use facts and evidence in my side, you focus on emotional stuff as you talk right now. Nope, I always bring the trust while you done nothing, but be a poor critic of Sanji since you got here. You make critics look bad as you can't seem to let others have opinion of praise of Sanji when deserve and instead hide behind a facade that your 'not a fan, but honest' to get away with your posts. It's not working here man, choose to use your arguments wisely instead of personal mindset.

Zolo implied a lot as he groan from the strength of a doll and got damage to the point of bleeding when Hawkins isn't trying. By your logic, he is going to be beaten that way, right? So you keep the same or you be biased on Sanji's case despite he kept fighting till the end with Vergo choosing to leave, not him. Also when Sanji got treatment for his leg? When after fighting Vergo? Not once I seen that nor an bandage on his leg, so comparing the two aren't the same at all. Sanji still ran with that leg and didn't show no lasting effects from fighting from Vergo at all.

Nah, Sanji got Queen more, but Zoro can have Orochi since he need to increase his swordsman reputation. Orochi would be perfect and he isn't weak as he looks since he got a Mythical Zoan DF. We shouldn't underestimate him at all and try to give him a chance

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Hey guys KingMoe and Oda are good buddies that he knows what Oda is going to write. I like Sanji but you’re like crazy about Sanji just as much as he is crazy about women. Someone says something bad about him & you go all Hungry Big Mom on them. I didn’t say that Oda said this was Zolo’s (yes I say Zolo so what) year. I’m saying is that enough about Sanji or Luffy show us some Zolo action. You mentioned his fight with Hawkins, but it’s the same as Sanji vs. Vergo, Sanji didn’t bleed but his leg bones were fractured & Sanji himself implied that if the fight kept going it was gonna be bad for him. But Zolo just bled but he didn’t seem in a bad shape like Sanji. Either way, I highly doubt Sanji is ready to take on a YC. If so then you are saying that Sanji can defeat Doffy, because all the 3 All Stars are stronger than Doffy & I don’t see Sanji beating Doffy even with his RS. But hey you think Sanji can beat anyone , you know what I’m pretty sure Sanji will kick Kaidous ass, there end of Wano.
Didn't see you were new, welcome dude :)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
so, has Garp given us a reason to believe he's not among the top fighters?

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
@ afromarco005, thanks for the welcoming. I don’t know where Moe is getting the idea that Sanji will take down Queen or King in this arc when Sanji himself has NOT taken down anyone 1 on 1 since Fishman island. Yet we see Zolo not sweating it out until he fought Hawkins. But hey he shed blood therefore he is weaker than Hawkins. (Sarcasm)

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
so, has Garp given us a reason to believe he's not among the top fighters?
What reason to think he isn't or still not above there?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What reason to think he isn't or still not above there?
According to members, he bled from Luffy punching him and sucker punched Marco. Also, they were butthurt he did nothing to save Ace.