Discussion One Piece Power level Discussion Thread

Aizen

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is for Power level discussions of the various characters in One Piece. Please be mindful to keep discussions respectful and on topic.

Last edited:

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
@KingMoe tell me where is it heavily implied that Sanji will face Queen or King? The other guy gave good examples on who the calamities will probably face off with. You are the worst Sanji fan ever, you use your emotions more than anyone when it comes to Sanji. You make Sanji look bad & you’re hate towards Zolo just puts you down. Zolo got treatment after his fight but Sanji didn’t? Well how about this, did Zolo imply that if he kept fighting Hawkins it would be bad, like Sanji did after fighting Vergo? Sanji felt the after effects on his leg after the fight. I don’t see Sanji fighting the calamities maybe OroChi since he looks weak and preys on woman. I see Zolo fighting at least Jack
Tell me where you don't see it? He defeated Queen's sent assassins being Page One, leading a line to facing Queen herself once he hears who bested him and wanting to take care of him himself. Through that direction it can lead to King who the community said he has similar traits to give hint of them probably to fight. I use facts and evidence in my side, you focus on emotional stuff as you talk right now. Nope, I always bring the trust while you done nothing, but be a poor critic of Sanji since you got here. You make critics look bad as you can't seem to let others have opinion of praise of Sanji when deserve and instead hide behind a facade that your 'not a fan, but honest' to get away with your posts. It's not working here man, choose to use your arguments wisely instead of personal mindset.

Zolo implied a lot as he groan from the strength of a doll and got damage to the point of bleeding when Hawkins isn't trying. By your logic, he is going to be beaten that way, right? So you keep the same or you be biased on Sanji's case despite he kept fighting till the end with Vergo choosing to leave, not him. Also when Sanji got treatment for his leg? When after fighting Vergo? Not once I seen that nor an bandage on his leg, so comparing the two aren't the same at all. Sanji still ran with that leg and didn't show no lasting effects from fighting from Vergo at all.

Nah, Sanji got Queen more, but Zoro can have Orochi since he need to increase his swordsman reputation. Orochi would be perfect and he isn't weak as he looks since he got a Mythical Zoan DF. We shouldn't underestimate him at all and try to give him a chance

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Hey guys KingMoe and Oda are good buddies that he knows what Oda is going to write. I like Sanji but you’re like crazy about Sanji just as much as he is crazy about women. Someone says something bad about him & you go all Hungry Big Mom on them. I didn’t say that Oda said this was Zolo’s (yes I say Zolo so what) year. I’m saying is that enough about Sanji or Luffy show us some Zolo action. You mentioned his fight with Hawkins, but it’s the same as Sanji vs. Vergo, Sanji didn’t bleed but his leg bones were fractured & Sanji himself implied that if the fight kept going it was gonna be bad for him. But Zolo just bled but he didn’t seem in a bad shape like Sanji. Either way, I highly doubt Sanji is ready to take on a YC. If so then you are saying that Sanji can defeat Doffy, because all the 3 All Stars are stronger than Doffy & I don’t see Sanji beating Doffy even with his RS. But hey you think Sanji can beat anyone , you know what I’m pretty sure Sanji will kick Kaidous ass, there end of Wano.
Didn't see you were new, welcome dude :)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
so, has Garp given us a reason to believe he's not among the top fighters?

albertwv

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
@ afromarco005, thanks for the welcoming. I don’t know where Moe is getting the idea that Sanji will take down Queen or King in this arc when Sanji himself has NOT taken down anyone 1 on 1 since Fishman island. Yet we see Zolo not sweating it out until he fought Hawkins. But hey he shed blood therefore he is weaker than Hawkins. (Sarcasm)

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
so, has Garp given us a reason to believe he's not among the top fighters?
What reason to think he isn't or still not above there?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
According to members, he bled from Luffy punching him and sucker punched Marco. Also, they were butthurt he did nothing to save Ace.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats such a stupid reason. Garp's only weakness so far is family.

I really wanna know how did the WG learn about Ace's bloodline. Surely Garp wouldnt have told'em but considering the other Monkeys in the family, you cannot be sure he wouldnt have. Dont think Blackbeard knew either.

WG might even put Garp to trial soon. With everything that Dragon's doing, i wouldnt be surprised if they look to cleanup the bloodline.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
According to members, he bled from Luffy punching him and sucker punched Marco. Also, they were butthurt he did nothing to save Ace.
Those are the only feats we have though. Mediocre feats.
Unless people can give other, impressive feats from Garp... Nothing tells us he's still Admiral level.
Are we going to pretend that age doesn't play a role in power level, when Garp himself said he got weaker with age. Why are people so stubborn with thinking Garp has the same level as 20 years ago?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
He may not have the same level, but he can still be an admiral level. Hell, he could have been equal to an Emperor back then and weakened to an admiral or even fleet admiral level. Seems to be strong enough that the Marines want to promote him.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Do you guys think PRIME time old guys could EASILY (emphasis on easily) wipe the floor with the current generation of top guys?

While they don´t look like they are weaker, let us remind that Rayleigh did say he was a bit winded from his old age when fighting against Kizaru (tho its also hard to gauge how serious Kizaru was)...

Prime Rayleigh/Garp/Sengoku/Roger/Whitebeard vs Kaidou/Big Mom/Akainu/Kizaru

I do think the old prime guard would win any match up, my question is the dif

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Unless people can give other, impressive feats from Garp... Nothing tells us he's still Admiral level.
Garp took the axe from Morgan while sleeping! And didnt even realize he was attacked!
Ha! Does any other Admiral have such a feat to boast around? :toc

On a serious note, WB was 72y.o. when he died and he had quite the health issues while Garp is already 78 but showing no health issues...
He may not be at his prime but I still imagine him being as strong as WB when he died or close to it.

Do you guys think PRIME time old guys could EASILY (emphasis on easily) wipe the floor with the current generation of top guys?
I think not, I see them all pretty close. The difficulty would be extreme either way.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
On a serious note, WB was 72y.o. when he died and he had quite the health issues while Garp is already 78 but showing no health issues...
He may not be at his prime but I still imagine him being as strong as WB when he died or close to it.
So you think Garp is stronger than Akainu?

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we going to pretend that age doesn't play a role in power level, when Garp himself said he got weaker with age.
Sure, he could've been weaker, but he's still pretty strong. WB was clearly not at his prime given his illness and age, but he still managed to kickass and justify the strongest pirate / man title.

He would've been admiral level long ago from chapter 0 / 565.5. Considering how Rox and "the hero" title has come up, it looks like that possibility would've come up 40 years ago. Now if the current Garp is as strong as Akainu or not is hard to say, but considering his past achievements should put him atleast at the same level as current Sengoku. From what we've seen, Sengoku is pretty strong so should be Garp.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, yes since I put WB above Akainu as well. That is, if Garp indeed was trying to kill Roger all the time/had the power to do so.
But, I cant back this up with anything. Only straw I can grab is that he wanted to kill him for Ace but it's very weak argument.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I do.
While there would be some "image issues", I don´t think Sengoku held Garp just because of that.

I fully believe a 100% Enraged old garp could beat Akainu even on a No-Prior Damage Scenario.

However, if he is not 100% Pissed then I don´t see him winning, as he is very laid back

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
God damn, so i'm the only one thinking that Akainu is stronger than Garp. Alright then.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Arguably, thinking better, I´d say they are about even.

Which is why motivation plays a part for me

Current Garp, that is

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
God damn, so i'm the only one thinking that Akainu is stronger than Garp. Alright then.
I think this is mostly Oda´s fault for giving Akainu the Magu-Magu no mi.

Realisticlly there shouldn´t be NO reason for him not to steamroll ANY fight he is.
That is fucking MAGMA, expelled at great force. As far as we know Haki protects you from the force, not temperature.

Which is why Akainu, from reality to manga, is nerfed and therefore weaker than Garp in my opinion

IMO he couldn´t even kill Curiel after BURYING THE GUY IN LAVA.
Why couldn´t you kill Curiel Oda?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

From his heavy Sanji fanboyism. That's where.

Unless he means Sanji + .?????.
Arguably, even if I dislike Sanji a LOT, I don´t think thats fanboyism.
It is more of a question of story structure:

Previous Arc: Luffy matches a 1st Yonko Commander
This Arc: Luffy need to match (even if for a small period of time) a Yonkou
So his closest subordinates need to catch up to him otherwise they will fall really behind.

Theres also the "Queen´s bounty" thing and having King´s not be revelad yet
Queen = Sanji´s +1 B
So people are saying that if King´s is Zoro + 1B that means they will fight.