Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 74 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats such a stupid reason. Garp's only weakness so far is family.

I really wanna know how did the WG learn about Ace's bloodline. Surely Garp wouldnt have told'em but considering the other Monkeys in the family, you cannot be sure he wouldnt have. Dont think Blackbeard knew either.

WG might even put Garp to trial soon. With everything that Dragon's doing, i wouldnt be surprised if they look to cleanup the bloodline.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
What reason to think he isn't or still not above there?
According to members, he bled from Luffy punching him and sucker punched Marco. Also, they were butthurt he did nothing to save Ace.
Those are the only feats we have though. Mediocre feats.
Unless people can give other, impressive feats from Garp... Nothing tells us he's still Admiral level.
Are we going to pretend that age doesn't play a role in power level, when Garp himself said he got weaker with age. Why are people so stubborn with thinking Garp has the same level as 20 years ago?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
He may not have the same level, but he can still be an admiral level. Hell, he could have been equal to an Emperor back then and weakened to an admiral or even fleet admiral level. Seems to be strong enough that the Marines want to promote him.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Do you guys think PRIME time old guys could EASILY (emphasis on easily) wipe the floor with the current generation of top guys?

While they don´t look like they are weaker, let us remind that Rayleigh did say he was a bit winded from his old age when fighting against Kizaru (tho its also hard to gauge how serious Kizaru was)...

Prime Rayleigh/Garp/Sengoku/Roger/Whitebeard vs Kaidou/Big Mom/Akainu/Kizaru

I do think the old prime guard would win any match up, my question is the dif

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Unless people can give other, impressive feats from Garp... Nothing tells us he's still Admiral level.
Garp took the axe from Morgan while sleeping! And didnt even realize he was attacked!
Ha! Does any other Admiral have such a feat to boast around? :toc

On a serious note, WB was 72y.o. when he died and he had quite the health issues while Garp is already 78 but showing no health issues...
He may not be at his prime but I still imagine him being as strong as WB when he died or close to it.

Do you guys think PRIME time old guys could EASILY (emphasis on easily) wipe the floor with the current generation of top guys?
I think not, I see them all pretty close. The difficulty would be extreme either way.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
On a serious note, WB was 72y.o. when he died and he had quite the health issues while Garp is already 78 but showing no health issues...
He may not be at his prime but I still imagine him being as strong as WB when he died or close to it.
So you think Garp is stronger than Akainu?

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we going to pretend that age doesn't play a role in power level, when Garp himself said he got weaker with age.
Sure, he could've been weaker, but he's still pretty strong. WB was clearly not at his prime given his illness and age, but he still managed to kickass and justify the strongest pirate / man title.

He would've been admiral level long ago from chapter 0 / 565.5. Considering how Rox and "the hero" title has come up, it looks like that possibility would've come up 40 years ago. Now if the current Garp is as strong as Akainu or not is hard to say, but considering his past achievements should put him atleast at the same level as current Sengoku. From what we've seen, Sengoku is pretty strong so should be Garp.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, yes since I put WB above Akainu as well. That is, if Garp indeed was trying to kill Roger all the time/had the power to do so.
But, I cant back this up with anything. Only straw I can grab is that he wanted to kill him for Ace but it's very weak argument.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I do.
While there would be some "image issues", I don´t think Sengoku held Garp just because of that.

I fully believe a 100% Enraged old garp could beat Akainu even on a No-Prior Damage Scenario.

However, if he is not 100% Pissed then I don´t see him winning, as he is very laid back

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
God damn, so i'm the only one thinking that Akainu is stronger than Garp. Alright then.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Arguably, thinking better, I´d say they are about even.

Which is why motivation plays a part for me

Current Garp, that is

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
God damn, so i'm the only one thinking that Akainu is stronger than Garp. Alright then.
I think this is mostly Oda´s fault for giving Akainu the Magu-Magu no mi.

Realisticlly there shouldn´t be NO reason for him not to steamroll ANY fight he is.
That is fucking MAGMA, expelled at great force. As far as we know Haki protects you from the force, not temperature.

Which is why Akainu, from reality to manga, is nerfed and therefore weaker than Garp in my opinion

IMO he couldn´t even kill Curiel after BURYING THE GUY IN LAVA.
Why couldn´t you kill Curiel Oda?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

From his heavy Sanji fanboyism. That's where.

Unless he means Sanji + .?????.
Arguably, even if I dislike Sanji a LOT, I don´t think thats fanboyism.
It is more of a question of story structure:

Previous Arc: Luffy matches a 1st Yonko Commander
This Arc: Luffy need to match (even if for a small period of time) a Yonkou
So his closest subordinates need to catch up to him otherwise they will fall really behind.

Theres also the "Queen´s bounty" thing and having King´s not be revelad yet
Queen = Sanji´s +1 B
So people are saying that if King´s is Zoro + 1B that means they will fight.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Queen = Zoro +1B :)
yeah that was what I meant, sorry.
Like Sanji has to one up Zoros bounty, and Zoro will one up Luffys bounty or something like that

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dude, that's sealed in writing then.

Queen vs Zoro confirmed. Sanji can fight King, King Moe was right all along.

But seriously speaking, I would expectto see Jack vs Sanji. My reason doesnt have to do anything with the powerlevel differences between Sanji and Zoro, but the mere fact that Sanji vs Jack will be considered a poetic revenge specially since he is considered the savior of Zou.

Now since this is a powerlevel discussion thread, i wanna introduce a new controversy....
Law > Zoro
and Law will face King....

@nik87
what do you say?

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@nik87
what do you say?
Tbh, I dont know. I think I was able to guess power levels pretty well so far but I got a feeling that I will guess everything wrong in this arc when it comes to power levels. :notlikethis
There are so many allies and 1vs1 with Calamities just dont feel right for me.
I would like Zoro, Sanji and Jimbe to take on Calamities with the help of the 3 samurai.
Zoro and Denjiro vs King/Queen, Sanji and Kawamatsu vs King/Queen, Jinbe and Shutenmaru vs Jack. That would be something I can see, with SH members dealing the final blow to Calamities. However, there is a possible match-up of the Dukes against Jack...
There is also Smoothie in all of this, not sure if she will be an ally or a foe, if she will fight or sit this arc out too...

It's a possibility that SH members dont touch Calamities at all and Supernova captains take care of them(Law, Kidd and Apoo/Drake/Hawkins) and SHs would take on Flying Six in 1vs1... Or SHs take on Supernova captains in 1vs1...

I think Zoro is a wild card, Oda can possibly bring whatever power-up for him to justify victory over anyone but it just doesnt feel right, it doesnt have the needed progress. Going from ohkoing Shichibukai's underling to defeating anything of YC level feels like a big gap.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I do.
While there would be some "image issues", I don´t think Sengoku held Garp just because of that.

I fully believe a 100% Enraged old garp could beat Akainu even on a No-Prior Damage Scenario.

However, if he is not 100% Pissed then I don´t see him winning, as he is very laid back
Garp being laidback doesn't mean he won't win. Luffy's laidback too but he can get serious when he has to.
Nah, I think Akainu could beat Garp just because of his devil fruit.

I can actually see Sanji going against Jack, especially given Jack's durability and seemingly difficulty in hurting him. At least, it's a good way for Sanji to show how strong he is, given Neko and Inu were unable to beat Jack.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Tbh, I dont know. I think I was able to guess power levels pretty well so far but I got a feeling that I will guess everything wrong in this arc when it comes to power levels. :notlikethis
There are so many allies and 1vs1 with Calamities just dont feel right for me.
I would like Zoro, Sanji and Jimbe to take on Calamities with the help of the 3 samurai.
Zoro and Denjiro vs King/Queen, Sanji and Kawamatsu vs King/Queen, Jinbe and Shutenmaru vs Jack. That would be something I can see, with SH members dealing the final blow to Calamities. However, there is a possible match-up of the Dukes against Jack...
There is also Smoothie in all of this, not sure if she will be an ally or a foe, if she will fight or sit this arc out too...

It's a possibility that SH members dont touch Calamities at all and Supernova captains take care of them(Law, Kidd and Apoo/Drake/Hawkins) and SHs would take on Flying Six in 1vs1... Or SHs take on Supernova captains in 1vs1...

I think Zoro is a wild card, Oda can possibly bring whatever power-up for him to justify victory over anyone but it just doesnt feel right, it doesnt have the needed progress. Going from ohkoing Shichibukai's underling to defeating anything of YC level feels like a big gap.
I think with what we've seen of Shutenmaru, it's fair to say he's stronger than Jack.
So if there's a possibility of a team up, it won't be on Shutenmaru's but on Jack's side.
Shutenmaru doesn't even see Jack as capable enough to take him down as his only cause for concern is Kaido (isn't everyone's?).
Also a tag team of both Dukes will be too bad for Jack. IIRC, just one of them was trouble enough to keep Jack from having his way. 2 will be overkill.

Do you guys want Jack dying that bad?

I guess what he did on Zou was unforgivable but still...he was just following the footsteps of the other 2 Calamities above him.

I don't think any of the future SH commanders (Zoro, Sanji, Jimbei) will be facing a Calamity. I included Jimbei not because of his strength but because he might not take part in the Wano war (but I still doubt it).

I'm expecting Luffy, Law, Kid, Inuarashi (note my omission of Nekomamushi) and the Seven samurai to have a major role in the fast approaching war.
Other fighters like Zoro, Sanji, Nekomamushi will also play very important roles but not as heavy as the aforementioned.
For some reason I see Momonosuke doing something remarkable in this arc but let's just wait and see.

It's going to be a long wait this one...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm curious. How long did WCI arc last? If Wano is going to be as insane as Oda is planning it to be, then I'd say a span of at least 2 years is what it'll take given the crazy event that is to occur throughout.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Garp being laidback doesn't mean he won't win. Luffy's laidback too but he can get serious when he has to.
Seems it runs in the Monkey family to be very laid back but dangerously serious when it comes to it. Garp, Dragon and Luffy have this in common.
Now I see it... Even the craziness Luffy possesses seems to be passed down from generation and it only gets crazier.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think Luffy's craziness comes more from him not wanting to live a life of regret, so he just does what comes to his mind if it's fun. It's what makes him fun to watch and so relatable. It's probably why his fights tend to start out against him until he gets serious.