One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
1. he attacked a Yonko and his commanders solo

2. Moriah powers are vastly more effective at night so if he was going to go on the offensive he chose the absolute worst time to do it. He could have atleast defeated upstart rookies that are half way decent, stolen their shadows and used stronger Zombies to attack and not just fodder Zombies. It would have been just as stupid, but at least he would have been shown to be a little more competent
Huh, the people whose shadows were stolen by Moriah cannot walk on the sun. But his zombies are fine...
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Huh, the people whose shadows were stolen by Moriah cannot walk on the sun. But his zombies are fine...
Correct that's common knowledge ever since Marineford
 

Jack Jumper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 19, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Age
36
Country
Isle of Man
Is this power level thread?
 

Grandmaster Woro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
751
Age
41
Country
Austria
How do you guys rank the old shichibukai member?
IMO, it should be:
1. Mihawk
2/3. Kuma, Doflamingo
4,5,6. Jinbei, boa hancock, Crocodile
7. Moriah
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
How do you guys rank the old shichibukai member?
IMO, it should be:
1. Mihawk
2/3. Kuma, Doflamingo
4,5,6. Jinbei, boa hancock, Crocodile
7. Moriah
Mihawk>Crocodile=Hancock=Kuma>=Doffy>=Jinbe>Moriah
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Wait what
Can you explain your list?
Well, I guess I dont need to explain Mihawk but if I do, I consider him top 2-3 in the verse possibly.
Crocodile is probably your biggest surprise. I think Alabasta does him no justice and his will was broken, he performed much better in Marineford and looked down on Doflamino telling him not to think they were equal(implying Croc is above Doffy) and Oda made it clear that he still has plans for him.
Hancock is imo the strongest female character after Big Mom, her DF is quite broken and he combat seems quite well too.
Kuma's abilities are straight-up broken, the plot took him out because its hard to make him lose with a straight mind and not by a top tier.
Doffy is close to the 3 above but he was a disappointment against Gear 4th, aside from endurance. Still quite strong character.
Jinbe is superior to him physically and surpasses him if he has unlimited supply of water, surpasses several others too in such scenario but not without water.
Moriah may have been strong before his will was broken but he still looks like the weakest of the group, his potential is great but some stats severely lacking.
 

jaymizzo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
3,785
Reaction score
2,411
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wait what

Can you explain your list?
Could easily put 4 or 5 characters above Mihawk but he is definitely the strongest Schibukai by a margin if Kuma is not involved. Otherwise based on abilities, there really isnt anyone in the Schibukai who can beat Kuma. The guy can instantly teleport you into a volcano and deflect anything you choose to throw at him. The guys ability is severely broken and you can understand why Oda chose to remove him from the main plot.

Schibukai
Kuma (if he was still relevant)
Mihawk
Hancock/Doffy
Jinbei
Crocodile
Moria

In the verse you have
Im-sama
Gorosei
Kong/Dragon
Garp/Sengoku
Yonkous
Admirals/Rayleigh

Mihawk is definitely a top tier, but top 2/3 in the verse is a bit out there. His opinion and own power scaling I guess, my list is not perfect either but don't really see how Mihawk can be above those guys (regardless of the order I put them in).
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Well, I guess I dont need to explain Mihawk but if I do, I consider him top 2-3 in the verse possibly.
Crocodile is probably your biggest surprise. I think Alabasta does him no justice and his will was broken, he performed much better in Marineford and looked down on Doflamino telling him not to think they were equal(implying Croc is above Doffy) and Oda made it clear that he still has plans for him.
Hancock is imo the strongest female character after Big Mom, her DF is quite broken and he combat seems quite well too.
Kuma's abilities are straight-up broken, the plot took him out because its hard to make him lose with a straight mind and not by a top tier.
Doffy is close to the 3 above but he was a disappointment against Gear 4th, aside from endurance. Still quite strong character.
Jinbe is superior to him physically and surpasses him if he has unlimited supply of water, surpasses several others too in such scenario but not without water.
Moriah may have been strong before his will was broken but he still looks like the weakest of the group, his potential is great but some stats severely lacking.
Indeed, Mihawk is self explanatory.
And indeed, biggest surprise is Crocodile xD

Hancock is pretty strong i agree, but not quite Doffy level imo... Otherwise she'd have stomped Smoker in Marineford.
Agreed about Kuma, i'm glad people view him that way. He's imo the strongest Shichibukai, tied with Mihawk in my book, possibly even stronger. Well, before plot kicked in anyway. Now i have no idea, possibly way below at Jimbei level... Such a shame.

Basically i agree with your list, aside from Hancock being stronger than Doffy, and especially, Crocodile being that high. He has no business being higher than Kuma Hancock and Doffy. I guess we'll get a better picture when he comes back to the story; i ave no doubt he'll deliver way more than his previous Alabasta feats.

Could easily put 4 or 5 characters above Mihawk but he is definitely the strongest Schibukai by a margin if Kuma is not involved. Otherwise based on abilities, there really isnt anyone in the Schibukai who can beat Kuma. The guy can instantly teleport you into a volcano and deflect anything you choose to throw at him. The guys ability is severely broken and you can understand why Oda chose to remove him from the main plot.

Schibukai
Kuma (if he was still relevant)
Mihawk
Hancock/Doffy
Jinbei
Crocodile
Moria

In the verse you have
Im-sama
Gorosei
Kong/Dragon
Garp/Sengoku
Yonkous
Admirals/Rayleigh

Mihawk is definitely a top tier, but top 2/3 in the verse is a bit out there. His opinion and own power scaling I guess, my list is not perfect either but don't really see how Mihawk can be above those guys (regardless of the order I put them in).
I don't necessarily agree with your verse ranking, but about Shichibukais i couldn't agree more. Well, if you'd have put Hancock just a tad below Doffy it would have been my exact ranking.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Kuma
Mihawk>=Hancock
Doflamingo>=Jinbei
Crocodile
Moriah
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Personally, I like to think that Crocoboy is up there with Doffy and Boa. He just had the misfortune of showing up early in the series.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
How can anyone put Kuma above Mihawk??

Really guys (and girls)... Are you smoking something? :-0

Mihawk is top-tier among top-tier.
Because feats matter an Mihawk doesnt have any. Once he has feats I'll most likely change my answer. Until then, he is someone whose tied with a fellow elite swordsman who was also a Yonko Commander. Litterally his best feat.

Kuma has the ability to repel everything and send you 3 days away with a simple touch. Teleportation, cybernetic enhancements built by Vegapunk himself, push out pain and redirect it.... and Urasa Shock which is absolutely devastating.

Hancock almost single handedly stopped the army of Px units and was praised by Sengoku himself noting her battle prowess

Mihawk cut an Iceburg and was blocked by 2 Yonko Commanders Jozu/Vista

You: Why do people put Kuma above Mihawk?

Because we have eyes and arent assuming anything until we see more from Mihawk. Though, I will say that now that Kuma is PX 0 he may not be as strong as Hancock or Mihawk.

If I were assuming... I'd but him above Kuma, but I'm not. I'm using facts/feats
 

Deleted member 169696

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Because feats matter an Mihawk doesnt have any. Once he has feats I'll most likely change my answer. Until then, he is someone whose tied with a fellow elite swordsman who was also a Yonko Commander. Litterally his best feat.

Kuma has the ability to repel everything and send you 3 days away with a simple touch. Teleportation, cybernetic enhancements built by Vegapunk himself, push out pain and redirect it.... and Urasa Shock which is absolutely devastating.

Hancock almost single handedly stopped the army of Px units and was praised by Sengoku himself noting her battle prowess

Mihawk cut an Iceburg and was blocked by 2 Yonko Commanders Jozu/Vista

You: Why do people put Kuma above Mihawk?

Because we have eyes and arent assuming anything until we see more from Mihawk. Though, I will say that now that Kuma is PX 0 he may not be as strong as Hancock or Mihawk.

If I were assuming... I'd but him above Kuma, but I'm not. I'm using facts/feats
Ooh look at me I'm using facts and logic ooh so scaary.

Lol sorry I'm having fun.

But seriously though. Context matters too.

In the context of the story there's absolutely no way Mihawk can be weaker than Kuma.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Because feats matter an Mihawk doesnt have any. Once he has feats I'll most likely change my answer. Until then, he is someone whose tied with a fellow elite swordsman who was also a Yonko Commander. Litterally his best feat.
Kuma has the ability to repel everything and send you 3 days away with a simple touch. Teleportation, cybernetic enhancements built by Vegapunk himself, push out pain and redirect it.... and Urasa Shock which is absolutely devastating.
Hancock almost single handedly stopped the army of Px units and was praised by Sengoku himself noting her battle prowess
Mihawk cut an Iceburg and was blocked by 2 Yonko Commanders Jozu/Vista
You: Why do people put Kuma above Mihawk?
Because we have eyes and arent assuming anything until we see more from Mihawk. Though, I will say that now that Kuma is PX 0 he may not be as strong as Hancock or Mihawk.
If I were assuming... I'd but him above Kuma, but I'm not. I'm using facts/feats
Mihawk takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Jozu.
Kizaru takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Marco.
Aokiji takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Jozu.

The intention behind these is not to show Mihawk/Kizaru/Aokiji as not good enough but WB commanders as capable officers of great Whitebeard.
Note that Mihawk is an individual who is known for holding back. Vista and Jozu arent known as such. They also don't have a superior portrayal than Shanks like Mihawk does.
Mihawk's best feat is the casual slice of an ice mountain kilometers(?) away, note that flying slashes get weaker with distance. His clairvoyance is also a feat when he spots Luffy in the mess during the war. He is the only one(?) who hasnt taken a single hit in the Marineford war.

Kuma's cybernetic enhancements don't matter here, they aren't different than that of the pacifistas and post TS Zoro has gone through that like through butter. Teleportation is impressive but again, pre-TS Zoro in terrible condition has dodged those sneak ups from teleportation, Mihawk will too no doubt.
Ursus Shock may look impressive but it didnt defeat a single person aside from background reaction characters and it is a very slow move only capable because plot needs it, Mihawk wouldnt stand there and let him compress atmosphere... Even if we allow that, Mihawk can just cut through the shockwave.

Swordsmen's ability to cut everything literally makes all the AoE's basically useless. Air Pad Canon was dodged by pre-TS Zoro, no problem for Mihawk.
His lasers are no issue either. Kuma can only last as long as he can manage to put his paws against the sword, he is a strong individual no doubt but Mihawk is a very bad match-up for him. I mean Mihawk has a better feat than Roger who didn't possess a black blade.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Ooh look at me I'm using facts and logic ooh so scaary.

Lol sorry I'm having fun.

But seriously though. Context matters too.

In the context of the story there's absolutely no way Mihawk can be weaker than Kuma.
I disagree

Facts > Context

I get your having fun lol no worries.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mihawk takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Jozu.
Kizaru takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Marco.
Aokiji takes a shot at WB - gets blocked by Jozu.

The intention behind these is not to show Mihawk/Kizaru/Aokiji as not good enough but WB commanders as capable officers of great Whitebeard.
Note that Mihawk is an individual who is known for holding back. Vista and Jozu arent known as such. They also don't have a superior portrayal than Shanks like Mihawk does.
Mihawk's best feat is the casual slice of an ice mountain kilometers(?) away, note that flying slashes get weaker with distance. His clairvoyance is also a feat when he spots Luffy in the mess during the war. He is the only one(?) who hasnt taken a single hit in the Marineford war.

Kuma's cybernetic enhancements don't matter here, they aren't different than that of the pacifistas and post TS Zoro has gone through that like through butter. Teleportation is impressive but again, pre-TS Zoro in terrible condition has dodged those sneak ups from teleportation, Mihawk will too no doubt.
Ursus Shock may look impressive but it didnt defeat a single person aside from background reaction characters and it is a very slow move only capable because plot needs it, Mihawk wouldnt stand there and let him compress atmosphere... Even if we allow that, Mihawk can just cut through the shockwave.

Swordsmen's ability to cut everything literally makes all the AoE's basically useless. Air Pad Canon was dodged by pre-TS Zoro, no problem for Mihawk.
His lasers are no issue either. Kuma can only last as long as he can manage to put his paws against the sword, he is a strong individual no doubt but Mihawk is a very bad match-up for him. I mean Mihawk has a better feat than Roger who didn't possess a black blade.
Blah blah blah, I've heard it all before. Sure thing buddy
 

jaymizzo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
3,785
Reaction score
2,411
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
One minute Mihawk wants to gauge the gap between WB and himself, the next he is holding back simply because :kappa

You cant make this shit up :facepalm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ooh look at me I'm using facts and logic ooh so scaary.

Lol sorry I'm having fun.

But seriously though. Context matters too.

In the context of the story there's absolutely no way Mihawk can be weaker than Kuma.
Kuma can deflect anything and instantly win by taking you off the battlefield to a place you cannot survive. The guy is broken.
 
Top