One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Infamy can be alot of things. We have no clue if Mihawk was the WSS 15 years ago. He could have been though.

There's is no Mihawk hating from me. I love him. I just find him slightly less strong than you, but no biggy.
True we cant be sure when he earned his title

Fair enough

But if you put Mihawk and Akainu over WSC how does that work with your logic? It this because a humans are not creatures? That would be an intrepretation, just like I intrepet WSS ;D

I have Kaido>Shanks>Big Mom>Akainu>=Kurzan>Kizaru>Blackbeard>Fujitora=Mihawk, but BB will soon pass the admirals if he hasn't already.

I agree with the senior citizens, but they are not far behind imo. Above or equal to the YC1 I would say.
I put Akainu as the strongest because I believe him to be an end game antagonist and thus needs to be the greatest challenge for Luffy if they end up fighting. I put Kaido below Mihaawk because of what happened in his pasts, no one but a swordsman has ever dealt him any lasting damage but Oden, and since Mihawk is the WSS and someone whose khaki is soo strong he made a black blade, I believe he would beat Kaido.
For me its hard to say who between WSS, WSC and WSM Is the undisputed strongest

I accept and respect your ranking but i don't believe there are swordsman who should be above or equal to the strongest swordsman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Prove it! Post an official translation.
:cheez

You lie constantly as it pertains to Zoro/Mihawk... just like you lied by saying Oda gave the Anime team the full Wano story he planned.

Dude, come on you better than that.

You claim stuff but never link proof. You talk nonsense. It's easy to say I'm a Mihawk hater, but proving it is much harder. Never once have I "hated" on Mihawk.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Waiting for the proof
Funny how for years you have been reading One Piece fan translated chapters but now that there is material you don't like your refusing to accept the fan translations LOL what a hypocrite you are WOW

Show me 1 lie i have said about Mihawk then, i didn't lie i specifically said "i think i saw something about Oda giving the wano script to the anime team" i then proceeded to say "I'm not sure but i think i saw something about it on AP forums and i would look for it and post it if its true"
Where there on my statement did i say "fact" or claim my statements where factual?

Rather talk nonsense than be a hating toxic hypocrite like you :thumbs
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Pice novel A
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Typical of you, translations are out and the only differences are just better wording, the general meaning is the same.

But its not surprising of you Mihawk hater to deny his feats and hype
--- Double Post Merged, ---



His duels with Mihawk earned him infamy as people were shocked someone was capable to fight Mihawk, but its your right to keep being ignorant I don't blame you!
...you can call me ignorant, but your timeline, the one you used, makes no sense. He stopped dueling with Mihawk about a decade BEFORE he became a Yonko. It literally had nothing to do with him getting that title. Stop inventing things to match your fanboy-ism.

No one said they were shocked someone could fight Mihawk either. Once again, you made something up! I don't know why you do that over and over, and then insult people when they don't agree with you. Lying + Insults is a bad look! Just back up what you say, and if someone has things that counter that, answer them with facts, or admit you were in error. Here is what you said:

their duels elevated Shanks's status to the point of him eventually being called a yonko.
That's a simple claim, and obviously wrong. Given that Shanks had stopped dueling Mihawk for 7 to 9 years before becoming a Yonko (Loses arm when Luffy is 5-7, becomes a Yonko 4 years before Luffy sets out to sea, so when Luffy is 13). His becoming recognized as a Yonko would have nothing to do with his duels nearly a decade prior. It would have everything to do with his feats and accomplishments in the time AFTER those duels. It's really a simple point. You want to credit his presence in Shanks life for elevating him to Yonko in the eyes of the world. But the timeline just doesn't work. Admit it, move on, be happy!
 
Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
True we cant be sure when he earned his title

Fair enough



I put Akainu as the strongest because I believe him to be an end game antagonist and thus needs to be the greatest challenge for Luffy if they end up fighting. I put Kaido below Mihaawk because of what happened in his pasts, no one but a swordsman has ever dealt him any lasting damage but Oden, and since Mihawk is the WSS and someone whose khaki is soo strong he made a black blade, I believe he would beat Kaido.
For me its hard to say who between WSS, WSC and WSM Is the undisputed strongest

I accept and respect your ranking but i don't believe there are swordsman who should be above or equal to the strongest swordsman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Funny how for years you have been reading One Piece fan translated chapters but now that there is material you don't like your refusing to accept the fan translations LOL what a hypocrite you are WOW

Show me 1 lie i have said about Mihawk then, i didn't lie i specifically said "i think i saw something about Oda giving the wano script to the anime team" i then proceeded to say "I'm not sure but i think i saw something about it on AP forums and i would look for it and post it if its true"
Where there on my statement did i say "fact" or claim my statements where factual?

Rather talk nonsense than be a hating toxic hypocrite like you :thumbs
""Maybe some of you didnt know this but Oda has already given the anime team the scrips of Wano plot, the things that happen in the anime can be considered as canon" the comment is STILL UP lol so stop lying. And when I called out out you said you thought you saw it on AP forums lol



Provide an accurate translation that says Mihawk made Shanks famous by their duels?

Come one, show us lol

You can't just make shit up and think u wont be called out on it. Every single one of us knows what you said is absolute nonsense.

Just provide a single translation backing u up, that's all I'm asking. Don't try to evade.
 
Last edited:

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That's a simple claim, and obviously wrong. Given that Shanks had stopped dueling Mihawk for 7 to 9 years before becoming a Yonko (Loses arm when Luffy is 5-7, becomes a Yonko 4 years before Luffy sets out to sea, so when Luffy is 13). His becoming recognized as a Yonko would have nothing to do with his duels nearly a decade prior. It would have everything to do with his feats and accomplishments in the time AFTER those duels. It's really a simple point. You want to credit his presence in Shanks life for elevating him to Yonko in the eyes of the world. But the timeline just doesn't work. Admit it, move on, be happy!
He'll never be happy if constantly trying to make Mihawk a god is what he's after.
You'll only worsen his mood calling him out for that.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
...you can call me ignorant, but your timeline, the one you used, makes no sense. He stopped dueling with Mihawk about a decade BEFORE he became a Yonko. It literally had nothing to do with him getting that title. Stop inventing things to match your fanboy-ism.

No one said they were shocked someone could fight Mihawk either. Once again, you made something up! I don't know why you do that over and over, and then insult people when they don't agree with you. Lying + Insults is a bad look! Just back up what you say, and if someone has things that counter that, answer them with facts, or admit you were in error. Here is what you said:



That's a simple claim, and obviously wrong. Given that Shanks had stopped dueling Mihawk for 7 to 9 years before becoming a Yonko (Loses arm when Luffy is 5-7, becomes a Yonko 4 years before Luffy sets out to sea, so when Luffy is 13). His becoming recognized as a Yonko would have nothing to do with his duels nearly a decade prior. It would have everything to do with his feats and accomplishments in the time AFTER those duels. It's really a simple point. You want to credit his presence in Shanks life for elevating him to Yonko in the eyes of the world. But the timeline just doesn't work. Admit it, move on, be happy!
Did you read One Piece novel A, if not go read it since i can clearly see from your response you don't know anything about it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

""Maybe some of you didnt know this but Oda has already given the anime team the scrips of Wano plot, the things that happen in the anime can be considered as canon" the comment is STILL UP lol so stop lying. And when I called out out you said you thought you saw it on AP forums lol



Provide an accurate translation that says Mihawk made Shanks famous by their duels?

Come one, show us lol

You can't just make shit up and think u wont be called out on it. Every single one of us knows what you said is absolute nonsense.

Just provide a single translation backing u up, that's all I'm asking. Don't try to evade.
I have already addressed this if you refuse to accept it, its your own problem not mine!

You have already read the fan translated novel yourself and have even commented on it :epicfacepalm
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Did you read One Piece novel A, if not go read it since i can clearly see from your response you don't know anything about it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I have already addressed this if you refuse to accept it, its your own problem not mine!

You have already read the fan translated novel yourself and have even commented on it :epicfacepalm
My comments on it are that the translations are unreliable. I have not used that novel to prove a single one of my debates lol again, can you provide proof?

I know plenty about the novel, but it hasnt been officially released or official translation provided about what you are saying about Shanks.

Provide a link. Come on! Let's pretend I haven't read it and I want to. Where can I find it? Show me, because everything I'm looking up is fan translations riddled with inaccuracies.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
My comments on it are that the translations are unreliable. I have not used that novel to prove a single one of my debates lol again, can you provide proof?

I know plenty about the novel, but it hasnt been officially released or official translation provided about what you are saying about Shanks.

Provide a link. Come on! Let's pretend I haven't read it and I want to. Where can I find it? Show me, because everything I'm looking up is fan translations riddled with inaccuracies.
When did i say you have used that novel to prove anything?

Fan translations are accurate enough, if you don't want to like it that's your problem stop making it ours!

Guess what a 2second google search gave me this : One Piece novel A
Learn to use google and stop asking me for stupid things, this is the first and last time!
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
When did i say you have used that novel to prove anything?

Fan translations are accurate enough, if you don't want to like it that's your problem stop making it ours!

Guess what a 2second google search gave me this : One Piece novel A
Learn to use google and stop asking me for stupid things, this is the first and last time!
Bruh... you did not just send us to a FANFICTION site to prove your point




Shasha, you crack me up
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did you read One Piece novel A, if not go read it since i can clearly see from your response you don't know anything about it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I have already addressed this if you refuse to accept it, its your own problem not mine!

You have already read the fan translated novel yourself and have even commented on it :epicfacepalm
Explain what the novel will say that fits your timeline. You point to a novel (not written by Oda!) that backs up what you are saying - Shanks became a Yonko due to becoming famous for fighting Mihawk. YOU are the one making the claim. BACK IT UP!

Here's what we know:

Shanks has not dueled Mihawk since losing his arm, 12 years ago in our timeline. Shanks became a Yonko 6 years ago according to chapter 957. So that is a 6 year gap where Shanks lost his arm, no longer fought Mihawk, and became a Yonko.

Explain how long ago duels made Shanks a Yonko, and not his actions after that with his crew. You point to an untranslated book, not even written by Oda, as proof of this. But you don't actually provide any details, only "uh...read this book". No, it's not in English, and Oda didn't write it. And why do i have a feeling that you yourself are exaggerating it, like you did with the Page One/Drake thing you invented out of whole cloth in the other thread?

Shanks became a Yonko because he did things after he lost his arm that put him on that level. He was already known, for his duels, for his past on Rogers ship, but it is the 6 years after he lost his arm and went back to the new world where he made his name, and this has nothing to do with Mihawk, no matter how much you want it to.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Bruh... you did not just send us to a FANFICTION site to prove your point




Shasha, you crack me up
Even better: It's 3 chapters, and if you do a search, the names Mihawk and Shanks DO NOT APPEAR! lol. So I have to read a fan translated short novel written by not-Oda that doesn't even mention Shanks or Mihawk to prove that Shanks became a Yonko due to gaining fame from fighting Mihawk?
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Its easy to claim Mihawk > Roger, WB, Shanks, Kaido, BM, Akainu, Garp, Sengoku when you scream WSS every single time but proving it is an entirely different matter that has yet to be proven because the fact is that Mihawk's best feat is fighting Vista to a standstill (with the excuse being that Mihawk wasn't serious despite Vista being a world class swordsman) and that is a pale comparison to feats by other high tiers. Every other Top Tier has a a better feat than him.

I'm not a Mihawk hater but I still demand facts to be presented if your going to be putting him on "God Tier"
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am ready to accept Mihawk is slightly above YC tier, but honestly, the only proof for that is against Vista, and Vista didnt get completely owned.

Also, this isnt Bleach, swordsmen are not automatically the strongest type.

Now regarding Mihawk being a Yonko level, isnt that based on the fact that he and SHanks faced each other? What proof do we have regarding either's strengths back then? Clearly it happened before Shanks lost his arm. Shanks only became a Yonko 6 years ago... We dont know his strength levels from back then.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
It's called the Worf effect. Sanji has been defeated a few times to prove that the danger is real.
Zoro as well can be counted in there. He was used in similar fashion.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its easy to claim Mihawk > Roger, WB, Shanks, Kaido, BM, Akainu, Garp, Sengoku when you scream WSS every single time but proving it is an entirely different matter that has yet to be proven because the fact is that Mihawk's best feat is fighting Vista to a standstill (with the excuse being that Mihawk wasn't serious despite Vista being a world class swordsman) and that is a pale comparison to feats by other high tiers. Every other Top Tier has a a better feat than him.

I'm not a Mihawk hater but I still demand facts to be presented if your going to be putting him on "God Tier"
Right, I like the character, but you need to bring evidence, and if your evidence is "this book says Shanks got famous from fighting him", that's some crap evidence. Mihawk was known while Roger was around, of course Shanks would get more famous fighting him to draws (given his lack of injury from their duels, I assume they were friendly draws at best).

But getting more famous is one thing, going to Shasha's stretch of "and then 6 years after they stopped dueling, the world recognized Shanks as a Yonko due to the fact that he was near equal to Mihawk as a swordsman" is just beyond stupid, I can't even take it seriously as an argument.

Mihawk is known as the WSS. Great! Shanks was able to show up and get everyone to shit their pants and stop fighting. That's enough for me!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's the fact: For Mihawk to be as strong as Shasha is saying, he'd have done much more in the Marine Ford battle. He wasn't fighting Akainu level people. He wasn't fighting Shanks level people. He was being blocked by Jozu (which doesn't mean all that much, he's made of diamond!), and then fighting Vista. He could probably do like Marco and Jozu and fight an Admiral for awhile and hold his own. But to put him literally above Yonko with the only proof being a title (which means nothing. Zoro was a strong swordsman, do you think he'd have beaten non-sword using Doflamingo or Katakuri?), and a line in a novel that says his duels helped make young Shanks famous is absurd.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Here's the fact: For Mihawk to be as strong as Shasha is saying, he'd have done much more in the Marine Ford battle. He wasn't fighting Akainu level people. He wasn't fighting Shanks level people. He was being blocked by Jozu (which doesn't mean all that much, he's made of diamond!), and then fighting Vista. He could probably do like Marco and Jozu and fight an Admiral for awhile and hold his own. But to put him literally above Yonko with the only proof being a title (which means nothing. Zoro was a strong swordsman, do you think he'd have beaten non-sword using Doflamingo or Katakuri?), and a line in a novel that says his duels helped make young Shanks famous is absurd.
I agree with you. Last time i was in a debate about Mihawk's powerlevel, i brought this exact point you're saying. People (aka Nik) replied by saying Mihawk was not using his full strength so his Marineford showings are irrelevant. :true
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with you. Last time i was in a debate about Mihawk's powerlevel, i brought this exact point you're saying. People (aka Nik) replied by saying Mihawk was not using his full strength so his Marineford showings are irrelevant. :true
Yea, i remm being in a discussion something like that... like the attack Jozu stopped was without haki... yea right, like that would've worked on whitebeard.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with you. Last time i was in a debate about Mihawk's powerlevel, i brought this exact point you're saying. People (aka Nik) replied by saying Mihawk was not using his full strength so his Marineford showings are irrelevant. :true
right, nothing is relevant except for this one line in a novel, lol. "oh, what is the line?" "uh...that he was famous in Rogers time and his duels with Shanks made Shanks more famous".

...so that makes him stronger than Shanks how? I'm trying to imagine tying this massive world toppling theory on that line from a book that isn't even written by Oda, and the line doesn't even say he's stronger, lol. Like, did Mihawk even beat Shanks in those duels?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yea, i remm being in a discussion something like that... like the attack Jozu stopped was without haki... yea right, like that would've worked on whitebeard.
He wanted to measure himself against Whitebard...but like, not at full power or anything, that would be silly!
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has Sanji or Zoro actually lost in the New World? Sanji fought briefly with Vergo, no winner. He lost to Doflamingo I suppose. He didn't lose a fight in WCI.

Neither of them have had much in the way of fights, which is what makes the last 10 years annoying for fans of all the characters. We need more!
 

Web_Pirate

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I can see Mihawk fighting equally with someone like Big Mom, or even above her level in terms of swordsmanship. No matter how I look at it, and I was preparing a long post, I cant see him as an underdog in a sword clash no matter what. I can see Zoro, Shiryu, King, half of sword wielding Shank's commanders being tossed around, but not Mihawk. I think he can fight with a Yonkou on even terms. As for whether he can win, that's another thing. Being able to fight a Yonkou, and actually win against one are two different things. I really don't care though.

Anyway, do you guys do vs battles?

Here's one.

Jack vs Jozu vs Urouge free for all. Who takes it?
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
I can see Mihawk fighting equally with someone like Big Mom, or even above her level in terms of swordsmanship. No matter how I look at it, and I was preparing a long post, I cant see him as an underdog in a sword clash no matter what. I can see Zoro, Shiryu, King, half of sword wielding Shank's commanders being tossed around, but not Mihawk. I think he can fight with a Yonkou on even terms. As for whether he can win, that's another thing. Being able to fight a Yonkou, and actually win against one are two different things. I really don't care though.

Anyway, do you guys do vs battles?

Here's one.

Jack vs Jozu vs Urouge free for all. Who takes it?
Vs battles are done over at the Davy back fights thread
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can see Mihawk fighting equally with someone like Big Mom, or even above her level in terms of swordsmanship. No matter how I look at it, and I was preparing a long post, I cant see him as an underdog in a sword clash no matter what. I can see Zoro, Shiryu, King, half of sword wielding Shank's commanders being tossed around, but not Mihawk. I think he can fight with a Yonkou on even terms. As for whether he can win, that's another thing. Being able to fight a Yonkou, and actually win against one are two different things. I really don't care though.

Anyway, do you guys do vs battles?

Here's one.

Jack vs Jozu vs Urouge free for all. Who takes it?
I made one for you
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I doubt Oda would "Yamcha" Sanji, so that's why I think he's still in the monster trio range (Luffy>Zoro>=Sanji), which will hopefully be a monster 4 when Jinbe arrives. But Like you, I'm waiting for good fights for him (and all SH's), since none of them, save for Luffy, have had any post time skip. It's gotten a little annoying in that way!
The problem isn't Oda making Sanji useless, there's no way he would, but the doofuses on here being annoying and trolling people with that and using debunked arguments. Zoro and Sanji haven't had actual fights where they could show off what they were capable of, I think apart from Luffy Jinbei and Franky were the only other ones who had decent challenges (Jinbei in Big Mom). Wano is our main hope since there'll be overwhelming number of powerful fighters they'll have to fight.
 
Top