Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.
It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.
For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.
As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:
Shanks v Mihawk
Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
Zoro > Luffy
Zoro v Sanji
Is Smoker a top 30 character?
Mihawk's rank within the story
Law having CoC currently.
Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.
If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.
This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
I'm genuinely curious as to why some people forget Apoo did this
While they put this feat on a pedestal
And even claim that Apoo was defeated by Zoro, despite him still standing in the next chapter
IMHO Apoo seems far more impressive since he got the better of both Luffy and Zoro at once, while the opposite is true for Zoro who fought alongside Drake against a single opponent
Isn't the author trying to tell us that Zoro probably couldn't fight Apoo 1-on-1?
I'm genuinely curious as to why some people forget Apoo did this
While they put this feat on a pedestal
And even claim that Apoo was defeated by Zoro, despite him still standing in the next chapter
IMHO Apoo seems far more impressive since he got the better of both Luffy and Zoro at once, while the opposite is true for Zoro who fought alongside Drake against a single opponent
Isn't the author trying to tell us that Zoro probably couldn't fight Apoo 1-on-1?
I'm backing this. If Apoo's explosion hit Zoro instead of Luffy... Zoro would still be heavily injured. I've made my points in the vs thread so I won't repeat here.
Apoo = Zoro in a 1v1. Zoro may be heavily at a disadvantage against Apoo's technique, but he can cover his ears and use his mouth sword to unleash some attacks that may he effective vs Apoo.
I'd give it to Zoro only because he is more important than Apoo. Not due to individual strengths.
I'm genuinely curious as to why some people forget Apoo did this
While they put this feat on a pedestal
And even claim that Apoo was defeated by Zoro, despite him still standing in the next chapter
IMHO Apoo seems far more impressive since he got the better of both Luffy and Zoro at once, while the opposite is true for Zoro who fought alongside Drake against a single opponent
Isn't the author trying to tell us that Zoro probably couldn't fight Apoo 1-on-1?
I'm backing this. If Apoo's explosion hit Zoro instead of Luffy... Zoro would still be heavily injured. I've made my points in the vs thread so I won't repeat here.
Apoo = Zoro in a 1v1. Zoro may be heavily at a disadvantage against Apoo's technique, but he can cover his ears and use his mouth sword to unleash some attacks that may he effective vs Apoo.
I'd give it to Zoro only because he is more important than Apoo. Not due to individual strengths.
I had my doubts who was stronger between Luffy and Marco for the Alliance side but this chapter cleared all doubts.
My top alliance members as followed:
1. Luffy
2. Marco
3.Jinbei
4.Yamato
5. Law
6. Kidd
7. XDrake
8.Zoro
9.Sanji/Killer
10. Killer/Sanji
This is a pretty reasonable assessment of the current situation. At the very least, the list is full of people who should be the top 10 participants on the Alliance's side in terms of sheer combat ability.
As the fights kick off, I suspect some major shifts though.
Why are you comparing a Supernova dealing damage to two other SUpernovas to an Emperor commander taking one blow from an Emperor? Apoo has a weird power that allowed him to deal damage, and no one is immune from blade-like attacks unless they use haki. didn't Big Mom just use a blunt attack on Queen? That's easier to withstand.
Why are you comparing a Supernova dealing damage to two other SUpernovas to an Emperor commander taking one blow from an Emperor? Apoo has a weird power that allowed him to deal damage, and no one is immune from blade-like attacks unless they use haki. didn't Big Mom just use a blunt attack on Queen? That's easier to withstand.
Sanji is weaker than the scabbards now? LMFAO. I understand if you said Denjiro or Ashura but Sanji is weaker than Kinemon now? And where did this Killer praise come from? Buddy barely managed to scrape a draw again Zoro who was fighting someone else and had only two swords.
And the only person that should be debatably above Marco is Luffy.
nowhere did I say same level of power, but they likely have similar level of power that bar Luffy, none of them should beat each other without difficulty or being challenged.
nowhere did I say same level of power, but they likely have similar level of power that bar Luffy, none of them should beat each other without difficulty or being challenged.
I agree, but I also think that now we are getting into Endgame-tier of power, that there will be key differences. That the specific powers and match-ups will matter more.
Like maybe with Armament Bege might have the best defense in the SNovas, while Uroge has the best counter, Luffy has the best blunt dmg, and so on.
Sanji is weaker than the scabbards now? LMFAO. I understand if you said Denjiro or Ashura but Sanji is weaker than Kinemon now? And where did this Killer praise come from? Buddy barely managed to scrape a draw again Zoro who was fighting someone else and had only two swords.
And the only person that should be debatably above Marco is Luffy.
The thing is that his power is flat out broken until we get a proper explanation to how it works.
While I think it should be the obvious and simple solution of "He can´t cut those whose haki is stronger than his", and even if it isn´t that I´m sure his limits will be shown in the comming fight.
But we absolutely NEED those to properly evaluate Law, be it pushing him upwards or downwards.
However, with him being set as one of Luffy´s "Rivals/Friends", like in the 23rd opening and Sabaody with Kidd, I can see why people expect him to be this powerfull
I'm genuinely curious as to why some people forget Apoo did this
While they put this feat on a pedestal
And even claim that Apoo was defeated by Zoro, despite him still standing in the next chapter
IMHO Apoo seems far more impressive since he got the better of both Luffy and Zoro at once, while the opposite is true for Zoro who fought alongside Drake against a single opponent
Isn't the author trying to tell us that Zoro probably couldn't fight Apoo 1-on-1?
As I said above, matchups are getting more and more important now.
Trickster type fighters are very hard to evaluate when talking about powerscaling.
I mean, should Bonney be able to touch you, its a instant win for her.
She can one-shot Akainu, Imu, Luffy, Roger, Rocks.
Is she the topstet of tiers? OFC not.
I think the thing with Appo is that he is even harder to evaluate, I mean:
-His attacks were able to damage post-enma post-prision Zoro/Luffy. That is not a small feat, at all.
-His attacks have a WIDE range and variety of uses.
-Its unknow how A-Haki interacts with his powers
-Once you know his trick, its pretty fucking easy to not get damaged by his attacks
-At the same time, however, defending from his attacks does not leave you in a good fighting stance (covering your ears)
-This does open a possibility for melee attacks on Appoos part, but how proficient is he?
-He did block Zoro and Drake at the same time.
-However, it is heavily implied that Zoro was holding back. This does not invalidate his earlier block, but it does make it harder to rank it.
Eh, in terms of your first point, Sanji didn't need to use his Raid Suit against Page One. He just used that fight as an opportunity to test it out and hide his identity. We don't know how his base speed compares to a Tobi Roppo.
I agree, but I also think that now we are getting into Endgame-tier of power, that there will be key differences. That the specific powers and match-ups will matter more.
Like maybe with Armament Bege might have the best defense in the SNovas, while Uroge has the best counter, Luffy has the best blunt dmg, and so on.
Honestly, it's almost always been about matchups, it's just that Luffy's rubber body was best suited to take on enemies over any other Straw Hat. Enel's electricity vs. Luffy's rubber body? LUcci's shigan vs. Luffy's rubber body?