Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 557 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellenate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man this oden downplay is crazy lmaoooo

*rubs chin*

Kaido did take Oden out with one hit... that's weaksauce if you ask me.

and-

Kaido got right back up from oden's hit like nothing.

---

Oden is trash and would've lost versus Kaido even without the cheap trick. :soclose

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
*rubs chin*

Kaido did take Oden out with one hit... that's weaksauce if you ask me.

and-

Kaido got right back up from oden's hit like nothing.

---

Oden is trash and would've lost versus Kaido even without the cheap trick. :soclose
Have you ever seen "The Dark Knight"

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I have.:hi
Remember that story were the butler dude (sorry I'm bad a batman things) told the story about the guy that stole the diamond for shits and giggles and they had to burn the forest down?

You've got that type of energy recently

😂

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember that story were the butler dude (sorry I'm bad a batman things) told the story about the guy that stole the diamond for shits and giggles and they had to burn the forest down?

😂

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

😂
Alfred was the butler who said that to Bruce.

But it is true, Oden would have lost to Kaidou, given that Kaidou seems to be able to take blows after blows and still keep fighting. Even Zoro and Mihawk would go down from the hits Kaidou has gotten, from what we've seen in the flashback to present time.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my favorite anecdote of all time.

I'm a nurse working in an icu and during this covid pandemic... the story speaks to me.

But it me giggle. Your staring to grow on me @Ellenate 😂😂😂😂😂😂 just a smidgen.

Still a troll tho :handgun, don't get too friendly
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But it is true, Oden would have lost to Kaidou, given that Kaidou seems to be able to take blows after blows and still keep fighting. Even Zoro and Mihawk would go down from the hits Kaidou has gotten, from what we've seen in the flashback to present time.
Alfred, THANK YOU!

For being a weeaboo I'm not very good at remembering American comic book things
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Alfred, THANK YOU!

For being a weeaboo I'm not very good at remembering American comic book things

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Man this oden downplay is crazy lmaoooo
Oda hid the form to create later hype
The way kaido respects oden strength is crazy
He’s fought a ton of poweful guys
Guess who scarred him of all the beasts he fought ( well the others could )

We had multiple Yonkou commander level guys jumping kaido ( suulong Inu and neko , denjiro , kawamatsu, ashura Doji ) and 3 decently strong dude and kaido remarked all 8 of them are not even comparable in strength to oden

Kaido still reckons that oden is the only samurai who is still capable of killing him if it comes down to it

also Gahdamn oden is likely the last person that defeated and beat kaido , cause vivre card states the last person to get kaido this excited in a fight is oden up until fighting luffy
What downplay lol? Most agree Oden gives him a good fight. Mid diff IMO. That's better than what everyone else in the series, who isn't a yonko, can do against Kaido.

What, you want people to say Oden is his equal? Not gonna happen.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
But it is true, Oden would have lost to Kaidou

i don't even know how Oden's haki is memorable to him; he fought him for a total of two seconds...

This is my favorite anecdote of all time.

It's kind of nonsense.

Guy robs government trying to take advantage of locals- gives back to the people and he's the mad man?

Nothing but baseless propaganda to slander that good man's name... and then the bastards burned down the whole forest.

Why? they already had the gems.

It was just for spite, they were the true madmen- not him!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
i don't even know how Oden's haki is memorable to him; he fought him for a total of two seconds...

It's kind of nonsense.

Guy robs government trying to take advantage of locals- gives back to the people and he's the mad man?

Nothing but baseless propaganda to slander that good man's name... and then the bastards burned down the whole forest.

Why? they already had the gems.

It was just for spite, they were the true madmen- not him!
You get it👍

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Isn't the same true for Roger and Whitbeard? They would most likely have fallen for the Mane Mane no Mi trick too.

Oden was strong enough to clash with Whitebeard, withstand a blow from Roger, and Kaido remembered him as one of the few in the world who could hurt him.

Whitebeard and Akainu also fought for 2 seconds... but I assume they would remember each other.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Isn't the same true for Roger and Whitbeard? They would most likely have fallen for the Mane Mane no Mi trick too.
How's that related to what I said though? I'm saying Kaidou would have won because of his ability to take damage and still keep fighting, whether or not Oden would have fallen for the mane mane trick.

Lord Traffy Law

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kaido would mid diff oden😂😂😂😂
Man I can’t believe what I’m reading 😭
Kaido : everyone sucks compared to oden
Kaido : if you samurai were as powerful oden you might have been able to kill me
Kaido : man oden was one of the handful people capable of actually fighting me ( a group with xebec shanks roger and whitebeard)
Oden :Leaves the deepest and most visible scar on Kaido , actually ACTUALLY knocks him out briefly and is about to defeat him

y’all : Kaido would mid diff oden :/

Potrayal and Hype around oden actually places him above Kaido slightly at the time of their fight or high/extreme diff win for Kaido at best

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
So Oden’s attack is the most damage Kaido probably has ever taken from a swordsman. Zoro’s Ashura still doesn’t compare to Oden’s attack…Zoro may have left a scar also, but Oden’s was deeper and actually stalled Kaido for a bit.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Potrayal and Hype around oden actually places him above Kaido slightly at the time of their fight or high/extreme diff win for Kaido at best

Headcanon.

On paper, Kaido low diffs him.

So Oden’s attack is the most damage Kaido probably has ever taken from a swordsman.

Kiku put a blade though kaido's hand, she wins. :hmph

Last edited:

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How's that related to what I said though? I'm saying Kaidou would have won because of his ability to take damage and still keep fighting, whether or not Oden would have fallen for the mane mane trick.
Again, isn't the same for Whitebeard and Roger? Kaido could withstand damage, and probably knock them out with the club like he did with Oden.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He was knocked out and oden was about to finish him off
Yeah kaido is the physically toughest character in the show but oden had him dead to rights

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
This last chapter was the first time we've seen Luffy use G4 was advanced coc against kaido
Okay....Did he lose his ability to use it before? Their fight was most off-screened.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Again, isn't the same for Whitebeard and Roger? Kaido could withstand damage, and probably knock them out with the club like he did with Oden.
LOL.
Roger and Whitebeard are the best of the best. Oden isn't on that level.
It's beginning to seem clearer that any of the current Yonko (bar Teach) would've killed old sick Marine Ford Whitebeard in a prolongued 1v1.
His illness was that bad!

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LOL.
Roger and Whitebeard are the best of the best. Oden isn't on that level.
It's beginning to seem clearer that any of the current Yonko (bar Teach) would've killed old sick Marine Ford Whitebeard in a prolongued 1v1.
His illness was that bad!
Kaido feels differently (shrugs)

(Not that they’re aren’t stronger than him but there’s a clear narrative choice Oda did here)
Kaido is literally complaining that a ton of beastly fighters still don’t compare at all to oden 😂😂😂 the dismissal on here is wild

Agreed about the other yonkou killing marineford WB in a prolonged fight , Akainu left him with 2 fatal injuries really