I kinda wonder, how powerful exactly is the strawhat crew? As in, the primary members, not the affiliated crews. Looking at the primary crewmembers it's beginning to look like the strawhats far exceed the known yonko crews, with some caveats. In context:
| Luffy | Big mom | Kaido | Whitebeard |
| Zoro | Katakuri | King | Marco |
| Sanji | Smoothie | Queen | Jozu |
| jinbe | Cracker | Jack | Vista |
| Franky | Perospero | Whos whos | Ace |
| Robin | Snack | Sasaki | Fossa |
| Brook | Oven | Black maria | Rakuyo |
| Ussop | Daifuku | Drake | Izou |
| Nami | Compote | Ulti | Haruta |
| Chopper | | Page one | Bleimheim |
That roughly in order of strength, though admittedly WB's crew is a little wonky. Couldn't decide on who to put as big mom's 10th person. Too many potentially viable candidates. Smoothie's sisters, bavarua, mont d'or, all seem appropriate candidates.
In any case, in a one to one confrontation to me it looks like the strawhats are incredibly powerful even by yonko executive standards. Power is definitely a bit skewed towards the top though, with the final members sort of lagging behind. But zoro is definitely more powerful than king and katakuri at this point. What he pulled at the end of his fight against king would even suggest he should be able to even hold his own in single combat against a yonko for at least a bit. Sanji is not there yet but he should be able to perform quite well against king or katakuri. King is probably more of an issue due to sanji's skillset not being ideal to fight him to begin with. I would assume king has some innate resistance to fire at least. Sanji is so fast that he is invisible to queen and there's evidence his observation haki is excellent even without foresight so foresight alone shouldn't be something katakuri can lord over him. I don't think sanji would win yet but this isn't an easy fight for katakuri.
I am not sold on jinbe being a YC1-2 fighter but he should be quite high up the pecking order. His water should cancel cracker's ability but cracker is still a formidable combatant and fast enough to handle G4 luffy at WCI. Then we have jack or vista... honestly, both more dangerous than jinbe considering jack was framed from the get go as someone substantially more dangerous than even doflamingo and vista held his own against mihawk, who clearly respected his strength. Kinda wonder if jinbe would win against doflamingo. The idea is weird but perhaps jinbe has grown stronger? Jinbe feels somewhat lackluster compared to YC3-4s we have seen.
Marco, jozu and vista are weird to place, their feats are all over the place. Marco held his own against both queen and king. And iirc there was even an instance of marco causing damage through king's defense form. Which is obviously ridiculous. I suppose marco could be somewhere in between king and kaido strength wise. Which I suppose would explain the insane amount of respect marco gets in the story. In combat I think marco would simply outlast zoro for now though it'd be interesting to see if perhaps zoro's flame cutting somehow hard counters marco or works towards dealing more damage than more conventional attacks. If not that, at least shutting down marco's flame based attacks.
Normally I am of the idea that a YC4 is somewhere in the ballpark of doflamingo. Though to me it's kinda hard to imagine the flying six being there. Could franky hold his own against doflamingo? Franky shogun did hold his own against sasaki but was ultimately trashed. It sounds unnatural that he could actually hold his own against doflamingo. I suppose no one in the story can eat a laser and not feel it, including yonko....
Robin is not a character I understand. His martial art is fair to argue is uniquely deadly though its weird to think there's that many people it would really be that useful against. At her tier I suppose the people she should be handling are oven... fossa types? Fossa feels like someone who at some point had the role of number 2 in WB's crew though. Oven should be able to cook robin. Is robin even a haki user? If she had haki even logia users wouldn't be able to ignore her infinite chokehold.
Brook... has had a somewhat lackluster showing in the new world. he did defeat a number and BM's subordinates which is worth mentioning at least and the numbers seem to be fairly durable but how does that help to determine whether's he'd be worth anything to oven-daifuku... rakuyo?
Nami is wildcard. With the acquisition of zeus her actual firepower is off the charts, potentially yonko level. But her basic skills are entirely lackluster. I suppose her strength can be regarded as situational. As in, if she gets a chance to prepare a decent attack she will one shot most yonko executives but otherwise can't actually hold her own.
I suppose this goes back towards the strawhat crew strength being severely skewed towards the top. Luffy is an actual match to real yonko. Zoro can moonlight as a yonko level threat for a bit. Sanji is at least dangerous to non marco YC1 types. But then jinbe seems to be a rather awkward fit to actually handle YC3-4 types which he doesn't hard counter (doflamingo, vista, jack). Franky doesn't seem like that solid a match against YC 4-5 types outside the topo robi though I suppose he could be a reasonable match in some cases. Maybe he can laser down oven-daifuku types.
At this point, I think only Whitebeard crew amongst the 3 Yonko crew we know, could be stronger than Strawhats, if we consider "top 10" characters. BP and BMP top 10 are for sure outmatched by current SH top 10.
(Considering we know nothing about RHP, we ignore that)
Luffy's crew
Luffy is Yonko level. Stronger than BM, old WB (marineford). Weaker than Kaido, old WB (in meds)
Current Zoro can mid-high diff King, and mid diff Katakuri. And can fight at Yonko level for maybe 10 mins or so at this point.
Marco would be the biggest problem here, He is someone Zoro can't take out fast, cause nobody in the verse takes out Marco fast. But Marco is also someone against whom Zoro doesn't
need KoH mode. He can just be his rooftop self and give Marco a run for his money, with fire cutting technique and advanced armament.
I guess Zoro wins this after an incredible long fight, but this would be his toughest YC1 fight.
Current Sanji would be borderline YC1 level. I think he has a real shot against Katakuri. But he can't damage King, and Marco outlasts him.
I'm not sold on Jinbe being some YC1-2 either.
But I do recognize that Oda has retconned all the Shichibukai, and so Jinbe should be at least as strong as Queen now
The mid trio are Tobiroppo level.
Coming to weak trio. Monster point Chopper
may be Tobiroppo level, but it only lasts for 10 mins. Nami has high end Tobiroppo level attack power with zeus, but can be one shot by anyone. Ussop is weak across the board.
Coming to WBP.
I think we both agree that Marco is the strongest YC1. Though I'd chalk up Marco damaging defence mode King to his usual fire shinanigans that we saw against BM, or maybe just inconsistency from Oda .... cause there is no way Marco hits harder than rooftop Zoro.
I think Jozu, Vista and Ace are borderline YC1. Would lose against all YC1 like Sanji, but still up there
Jozu and Vista due to their fights against actual top tiers in Aokiji and Mihawk. Ace due to the novel and portrayal (he was as strong as Jinbe as a rookie, then grew stronger since joining WBP)
Thatch was at least as strong as Jinbe. Since he was stronger than rookie Ace, who stalemated Jinbe
I'll be safe and say he's YC2 level.
Izo is surely stronger than every Tobiroppo, as seen from his feats. Quite possibly borderline YC3 level.
Rest of WB commanders should be varying Tobiroppo level characters.
Comparing SHs and WBP:
WB (in meds) > Luffy > WB (out of meds) > Zoro >= Marco > Sanji >= Jozu ~ Vista ~ Ace > Thatch ~ Jinbe > Izo > mid trio ~ 3 of WB commanders
Ultimately, when we are looking at matchups, following are extreme diff:
- WB fights Luffy
- Marco fights Zoro
- Jozu fights Sanji
- Thatch fights Jinbe
- Izo + 3 WB commanders fight mid trio + weak trio
Leaving
Vista and Ace without any real opponent. They are strong enough to roflstomp the mid tio and weak trio.
Conclusion:
Top 10 of WB Pirates > top 10 of SH pirates