One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 73)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrikoez

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
582
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Wow, the cover is so cool!!! I love it >.<
Thank you!
 

otaclub_87

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

does nami already count as fanservice? anyway the detaily are pretty cool. luffy is already wearing that thing around his arm and has the vivrecard in his mouth ^^
what is that thing on luffy's arms..i dont remember it??

does the fire on One Piece logo reminds us abour Ace's fire??
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

could be a hint at ace yeah.
the thing luffy has on his arm is from the tb-treasure... whether or not it has a meaning or is just accesoire, we don't know as of yet.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

yeah, the one piece logo is supposed to remind us of ace, also luffy has a vivre card in his mouth....
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

yeah, the one piece logo is supposed to remind us of ace, also luffy has a vivre card in his mouth....

Nice catch, I didn't notice the vivre card, perhaps I was too distracted by the sexy Nami at the top. That aside, I like the cover, though that might be just because of the aforementioned sexy Nami ;).
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

The cover is indeed great, maybe the best this far. It's first one with black background since volume 6.

About the cover of 51; I wonder what will it feature? So many possibilities; Hachan, Camie, Pappag, Duval, Shakky, the Supernova and Rayleigh, for starters ^^
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Yeah, Duval (perhaps some flying fish riders too), Caimie, Pappag and Hachan should be on it at least. It might turn out quite messy with all the supernova on top of that, plus Rayleigh and Shakky, although I don't think those two will be on it anyhow.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Yep, the cover indeed looks epic. I love how all the supernova are on it. We can finally verify their colors. And on that note, I didn't picture Kidd with red hair. It doesn't matter he looks cool anyway :D. I can't wait for a high quality scan.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

that's so cool ^^
didn't picture them all in the right colour but that doesn't matter I think.
Oda is always so much better
thanks again monkey d scar.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Supernoooooovas!

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I wouldn't like pink hair on Bonney but it's great anyway.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Super-awesomeness! Aghh, looks so greeeat. I got Kidd's hair color right, yeah! ^^ Can't say I like the pink choice for Apoo's outfit though.. But still an awesome cover, can't wait for the larger version.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Epic indeed. Nice to see the official colors. Kid is a redhead; YES! Though I imagined him with pale/gray-ish skin color. Killer looks funky, and I think Law should have also a bit more funky coloring. But that is fine too. For Apoos costume, I'd prefer green or blue. I'm not sure do I love or hate the pink sideburns+goatee on Drake. The rest are fine ^^

small LOL @ the ones who said that all the SN wouldn't fit a cover ^.^
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Pure Gold ! the Original colors are even better than I expected ! I Hoped to see Kizuru...
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Volume 51 cover

http://books.shueisha.co.jp/search/book_image/978-4-08-874563-3.jpg





It seems that I saw someone colored Drake with orange hair, and also someone else draw Kid with red hair. Some people also predicted Hawkins hair color.

Bonney is just different from what everyone thought, and Apoo is also an odd hair color.

Urouge is just predictable, some people also got Killers mask half right, but he is a very bright color scheme.

Its pretty funny that the gothic style crew the Kidd pirates are extremely bright colors.
 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread!

Yeah, I used red as Kidd's hair color, but the coat looked so gothic, it just had to be black. x) Killer's mask disappoints me a bit, it takes away the mystique and makes him look more silly than dangerous.

I gotta say though, McFranky was pretty off on Kidd's skin color. *looks at above sig* While it's a great coloring, I'm kinda glad he wasn't a mutant after all. :p

The Adamant Dragon said:
I Hoped to see Kizuru...
Volume 51 consists of chapters 492-502. We first see Kizaru's face in 507, so he'll probably be on the next one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top