Long Running One Piece

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
The Wall
Yeah I also just saw the news for the Filler...

At first I was like "Luffy and Barto get kidnapped...?", but then I figured it might be a good time to catch up on all the episodes until the 26h when the arc starts. I mean, with the way they've been doing some rather poor choices (my opinion) with the animation, at least with the filler I have something to look forward to because nobody knows how it'll be, plus with the special and the movie it's all goona be one big "arc" in some way, so that's cool I guess.

Still, I wish they'd find some other plot device instead of "these super op guys get kidnapped"... It was somewhat the same with that other Nebulandia special, putting Zoro and Sanji aside just because it's convenient. I don't know, I guess you could say that I complain too much but when you have a story as rich as One Piece there's really no excuse to come up with some "cheap" storytelling even if it's for the sake of just kickstarting the arc...

So if my guess is correct, the filler will be 3 episodes long, right? Then the special, and later on the movie.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
ANN has posted more updates on the upcoming Zou arc which was revealed by One Piece official website.

Kindly take note of below image and the summary for the Silver Mine arc contain some spoilers for the Zou arc and Dressrosa arc, respectively.

As Luffy and some of his crew are riding on Bartolomeo's ship toward Zou, they are attacked one night by the female pirate Desire and her Battle Boat crew. Desire is part of the Silver Pirate Alliance, which is led by Bill, a devil fruit user who ate the "Gutsu-Gutsu" (simmering) fruit and is a "Smelting Man" who can make and wield various weapons. Luffy and Bartolomeo are taken to the "Silver Mine," an island that is the Silver Pirate Alliance's stronghold. The arc will follow Luffy and Bartolomeo as they work to escape Silver Mine and get back to their crews. Desire has a connection to Bartolomeo's past, and Bill — who can manipulate silver — has a connection to the "Gold Emperor" Gild Tesoro, the antagonist of One Piece Film Gold.

Bill, a "Smelting Man" who ate the Gutsu-Gutsu fruit. He is the Silver Pirate Alliance's leader who is after Luffy.

Desire, a female pirate who wears a biker gang jacket. She has a connection to Bartolomeo.

Peseta, one of the leaders of the Silver Pirate Alliance who adores Bill.

Abellon, a "Rail Car Man" who ate the "Korokoro" fruit ("korokoro" is the sound of a small round object rolling). He corners Luffy with his attacks.

Tanaka-san (voiced by Gaku Hamada), Gild Tesoro's subordinate and a devil fruit user. He also appears in One Piece Film Gold.

Hiroshi Kitadani and Kishidan will collaborate to perform the new opening theme song for the anime titled "We Can!" starting on June 26.

The story outline and characters look interesting, as well as their devil fruits, and I hope the production will have a better quality so as to do honour to the new One Piece Film Gold. :^_^

Last edited:

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Russian Federation
I have a question for you guys, hopefully it is appropriate sticking it here in this thread. I watched this show a long time ago, up to a point where they are in a desert saving a princess (?) with blue hair and then stopped. My question: is this show something you have to watch all prior episodes of to understand it or can I just jump in and watch and not be left utterly behind?

I appreciate any help. :)

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Morocco
I have a question for you guys, hopefully it is appropriate sticking it here in this thread. I watched this show a long time ago, up to a point where they are in a desert saving a princess (?) with blue hair and then stopped. My question: is this show something you have to watch all prior episodes of to understand it or can I just jump in and watch and not be left utterly behind?

I appreciate any help. :)
Oh shit you definitely need to watch a lot of episodes, you can't jump
While each arc may seem disconnected from others at first, truth is that they're not

You should read the chapters rather than the anime, because anime sucks starting from Shabaody arc and there's quite filler arcs there (although one filler arc is really good, the G-8 marine base arc right after Skypiea is quite good actually)

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
Oh shit you definitely need to watch a lot of episodes, you can't jump
While each arc may seem disconnected from others at first, truth is that they're not

You should read the chapters rather than the anime, because anime sucks starting from Shabaody arc and there's quite filler arcs there (although one filler arc is really good, the G-8 marine base arc right after Skypiea is quite good actually)
Am I really that far behind? :gwah

I'd go manga route but that's a lot of chapters and reading manga hurts my eyes something fierce. I guess if I have to, I have to, but it would be easier if I could sit down and watch from a distance even if I have to skip fillers. :emocat

Zehahaha

Country
Morocco
Am I really that far behind? :gwah

I'd go manga route but that's a lot of chapters and reading manga hurts my eyes something fierce. I guess if I have to, I have to, but it would be easier if I could sit down and watch from a distance even if I have to skip fillers. :emocat
I don't know exactly which episodes are fillers, can't really remember but feel free to do so, but yes you're lagging a lot behind... Alabasta ends at episode 122 or something ? Or maybe episode 130 ? Right now I think they're at episode 757 (not sure, don't watch the anime anymore)

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
I don't know exactly which episodes are fillers, can't really remember but feel free to do so, but yes you're lagging a lot behind... Alabasta ends at episode 122 or something ? Or maybe episode 130 ? Right now I think they're at episode 757 (not sure, don't watch the anime anymore)
Alabasta! That's right, I remember that name! I guess I'm going to try the anime and skip the fillers. If it is too much, I'll just read the manga. Thanks for the help, and for telling me what episode it was! :)

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
Alabasta! That's right, I remember that name! I guess I'm going to try the anime and skip the fillers. If it is too much, I'll just read the manga. Thanks for the help, and for telling me what episode it was! :)
In One Piece, there aren't many filler episodes. I enjoy them equally like the main. It's kinda refreshing sometimes to watch something different. Otherwise most of the episodes follow the series closely. Furthermore, the music in the anime is good, the sound effects are great and you get to see your favourite characters coming alive from the manga drawings. One Piece is not just a battle-type of story but also very emotional and humourous to the point of exaggeration. Therefore animation will always has its place.

I read the manga and watch the anime to enjoy the best of both worlds. I encourage you to read the manga as well, while watching the anime as it will help you to understand the story and plot better. The author, Oda, has a unique way of telling his story, so it will be very beneficial for us, readers, to read the manga to have the full picture of it.

You are at Alabasta arc? Oh, you will love Princess Vivi. I didn't want to spoil you too much but Vivi will have her re-appearance in the later part of the story. She is one of my favourite princesses. :super

Though the story is (super) long but it's worth the time to read it. You don't have to rush through like 100 chapters a day, but take time to read the chapters to get the full grasp of the author's story-telling. Everybody and anyone who appear in the story can be important afterwards though they seem to be insignificant at first. Even the Cover Pages tell a story. :)

I'd like invite you to join us in the One Piece section with all the One Piece family where we talk, chit-chat and discuss about anything pertaining to One Piece or purely just having a chill out with fellow OP friends. I also write reviews to have a thorough analysis of the Cover and Chapter stories. Besides following the chapter discussions, there are many other sub-sections that you can have fun too. So I hope you will join us. :^_^

If you have any queries or for clarification, please feel free to ask or you can PM me.

See ya soon! :)

Last edited:

Elsie Crimson

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Canada
In One Piece, there aren't many filler episodes. I enjoy them equally like the main. It's kinda refreshing sometimes to watch something different. Otherwise most of the episodes follow the series closely. Furthermore, the music in the anime is good, the sound effects are great and you get to see your favourite characters coming alive from the manga drawings. One Piece is not just a battle-type of story but also very emotional and humourous to the point of exaggeration. Therefore animation will always has its place.

I read the manga and watch the anime to enjoy the best of both worlds. I encourage you to read the manga as well, while watching the anime as it will help you to understand the story and plot better. The author, Oda, has a unique way of telling his story, so it will be very beneficial for us, readers, to read the manga to have the fully picture of it.

You are at Alabasta arc? Oh, you will love Princess Vivi. I didn't want to spoil you too much but Vivi will have her re-appearance in the later part of the story. She is one of my favourite princesses. :super

Though the story is (super) long but it's worth the time to read it. You don't have to rush through like 100 chapters a day, but take time to read the chapters to get the full grasp of the author's story-telling. Everybody and anyone who appear in the story can be important afterwards though they seem to be insignificant at first. Even the Cover Pages tell a story. :)

I'd like invite you to join us in the One Piece section with all the One Piece family where we talk, chit-chat and discuss about anything pertaining to One Piece or purely just having a chill out with fellow OP friends. I also write reviews to have a thorough analysis of the Cover and Chapter stories. Besides following the chapter discussions, there are many other sub-sections that you can have fun too. So I hope you will join us. :^_^

If you have any queries or for clarification, please feel free to ask or you can PM me.

what did you think of the last filler arc which had a tie into the onepiece gold movie.

personally i found it decent, but main villain seemed kind of not too strong. mind you his ability mold things was pretty bad ass.

I just wish it had more of run then what it did.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation

I read the manga and watch the anime to enjoy the best of both worlds. I encourage you to read the manga as well, while watching the anime as it will help you to understand the story and plot better. The author, Oda, has a unique way of telling his story, so it will be very beneficial for us, readers, to read the manga to have the fully picture of it.

Wow, thank you for the huge reply! I am beginning from the start since it was so long ago that I was watching and it'll rejog my memory (I hope). I do remember liking the blue haired princess a lot when I was watching, so I have a feeling that probably hasn't changed even though it was years ago.

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
Here's a site that list all fillers in most popular animes, for One piece if you want to skip them : http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece

Filler Episodes :50-51, 54-60, 93, 98-99, 101-102, 131-143, 196-206, 213-216, 220-226, 279-283, 291-292, 303, 317-319, 326-336, 382-384, 406-407, 426-429, 457-458, 492, 497-499, 506, 542, 575-578, 590, 626-628, 653, 747-751

Canon Episodes :1-49, 52-53, 61-92, 94-97, 100, 103-130, 144-195, 207-212, 217-219, 227-278, 284-290, 293-302, 304-316, 320-325, 337-381, 385-405, 408-425, 430-456, 459-491, 493-496, 500-505, 507-541, 543-574, 579-589, 591-625, 629-652, 654-746, 752-759

edit
@ProGoddess , you're vey welcome :hug

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
what did you think of the last filler arc which had a tie into the onepiece gold movie.

personally i found it decent, but main villain seemed kind of not too strong. mind you his ability mold things was pretty bad ass.

I just wish it had more of run then what it did.

Honestly I'm looking forward to watch the movie especially when there is so much promotion on it. Additionally the sale report in Japan has been very promising - the movie is selling like hot cakes in the cinema.

Though TV production may not be as good as the movie, but generally the anime still continue to tell the story. At times, I just wanna enjoy listening to the characters talk, make funny faces, or Nami "hammering" the boyz and then you see a big bump on their heads. You can't help but laugh. The anime is sometimes like a "laughter therapy."

I believe in a story where it involves protagonists and antagonists, when the two parties need to decide who wins and who loses, the victor will always be the protagonists - at least 99.9% of the time. That is probably why the "bad guys" are powerful at the beginning, while the "good guys" look weak, then after that their role changes at the end.

I do understand what you mean on it, but as viewers, we just have to take what the production is like - it's whether we accept it and continue to watch or stop watching. Oh well, I hope you didn't experience too much disappointment on the show. :)

Wow, thank you for the huge reply! I am beginning from the start since it was so long ago that I was watching and it'll rejog my memory (I hope). I do remember liking the blue haired princess a lot when I was watching, so I have a feeling that probably hasn't changed even though it was years ago.
You're most welcome! I do hope you are enjoying yourself in the forum and watching One Piece at the same time.

It sounds great for you. I do agree that if you have forgotten how the story is like, then it will help to recall your memory when you watch it again. Alabasta arc is one of the best arcs - it brings a lot of joy and at the same lots of tears.

Please do share your opinion on the episodes you have watched or some other comments on specific arcs - well, after you have watched them. :^_^ I'd love to know how you feel about the story, the characters or anything related to the OP anime in general, especially after your re-watching.

Enjoy yourself! :)

Here's a site that list all fillers in most popular animes, for One piece if you want to skip them : http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece

Filler Episodes :50-51, 54-60, 93, 98-99, 101-102, 131-143, 196-206, 213-216, 220-226, 279-283, 291-292, 303, 317-319, 326-336, 382-384, 406-407, 426-429, 457-458, 492, 497-499, 506, 542, 575-578, 590, 626-628, 653, 747-751

Canon Episodes :1-49, 52-53, 61-92, 94-97, 100, 103-130, 144-195, 207-212, 217-219, 227-278, 284-290, 293-302, 304-316, 320-325, 337-381, 385-405, 408-425, 430-456, 459-491, 493-496, 500-505, 507-541, 543-574, 579-589, 591-625, 629-652, 654-746, 752-759

Oh.... my dearest Erin. Can I hug you?

Thanks for sharing the various episodes of One Piece and the site. Since I watch everything, the fillers didn't bother me a lot. But I'm sure other OP viewers will appreciate it a lot if they wish to skip them.

Cheers! My friend! :super

Elsie Crimson

Country
Canada
@ProGoddess there was alot of promotion on it, especially with putting the movie main villain as dlc in the one piece burning blood game.
it was enjoyable for the most part the arc, but i skipped through some of it due i found some part a bit dry lol. I usually do that with most fillers these days due to time constraints lol.

anyways I movie i saw a part of it and really liked what i saw thus, usually movies aren't too good sometimes imo.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
@ProGoddess there was alot of promotion on it, especially with putting the movie main villain as dlc in the one piece burning blood game.
it was enjoyable for the most part the arc, but i skipped through some of it due i found some part a bit dry lol. I usually do that with most fillers these days due to time constraints lol.

anyways I movie i saw a part of it and really liked what i saw thus, usually movies aren't too good sometimes imo.

I don't play the game but I saw some promotion on it. Entertaining industry, particularly movie production, is always a big thing and therefore lots of money are being thrown in for marketing purposes.

I suppose it's alright to skip the fillers as they are not in the manga but more like side-stories if you may. :)

Elsie Crimson

Country
Canada
I don't play the game but I saw some promotion on it. Entertaining industry, particularly movie production, is always a big thing and therefore lots of money are being thrown in for marketing purposes.

I suppose it's alright to skip the fillers as they are not in the manga but more like side-stories if you may. :)

i use to watch them, but i have limited time presently lol, so that's why i usually skip some of them.

well only show i finished without skipping fillers was bleach.

once piece i only skipped a one or two episodes at the most, but i usually go back to fillers when i have more time lol.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
Hopefully I am in the right place to discuss this? If not, I apologize to the forum staff. :(

So I got to episode eight so far. What's up with the Devil Fruit? Am I going to get an answer to this soon, or is the origin of this fruit still a mystery?

Zehahaha

Country
Morocco
Hopefully I am in the right place to discuss this? If not, I apologize to the forum staff. :(

So I got to episode eight so far. What's up with the Devil Fruit? Am I going to get an answer to this soon, or is the origin of this fruit still a mystery?
Still a mystery, but we discovered how the " curse " goes from someone who died to a fruit, but yeah everything about it is still a mystery

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
Still a mystery, but we discovered how the " curse " goes from someone who died to a fruit, but yeah everything about it is still a mystery
Well, at least that means one big mystery to look forward to, I guess. :grin

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
Well, at least that means one big mystery to look forward to, I guess. :grin
Hi @Moragella, I'm so glad that you have made it here once more. Yay!! *clap clap clap* :^_^

One Piece is filled with plentiful of mysteries and devil fruits are just one of them. In fact, "one piece" itself is the biggest mystery of all. But don't be disheartened, we get little bits and pieces uncovered as we follow along the story-telling. Reading One Piece is also like a fun riding on a roller coaster. In the story, there are moments of happiness, sadness, frustration, pain and sorrow, hopelessness and helplessness. There are times of laughter, madness and silliness that make us, readers, going crazy, and even confused. But they are just the beauty of it - we are having fun! :smile-big

Last edited:

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
Hi @Moragella, I'm so glad that you have made it here once more. Yay!! *clap clap clap* :^_^

One Piece is filled with plentiful of mysteries and devil fruits are just one of them. In fact, "one piece" itself is the biggest mystery of all. But don't be disheartened, we get little bits and pieces uncovered as we follow along the story-telling. Reading One Piece is also like a fun riding on a roller coaster. In the story, there are moments of happiness, sadness, frustration, pain and sorrow, hopelessness and helplessness. There are times of laughter, madness and silliness that make us, readers, going crazy, and even confused. But they are just the beauty of it - we are having fun! :smile-big
Well I can tell you now...if they had killed Chouchou, I would have cried. You never kill the animals. Never. :emocat

I'm on the episode where we meet Usopp (10). Is he really a "boy"? He looks like a grown man! Also, I went from thinking Klahadore was bad, to good to bad again. Sneaky bastard. :notsure

EDIT

EDIT 2

Okay! I'm sold! I love this anime! Especially Chopper and Sanji. They are love. :bishie
(accidentally watched fillers for a bit because it felt like canon material. xD )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)