Long Running One Piece

Shasha23

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Dragonstone
don't know if I liked the anime adaptation of G4 or not, in some ways I liked the fluency of movement of Doffy and Luffy but in some ways G4 didn't hit the mark as it felt like Doffy was still toying with Luffy and not being pushed into a corner, maybe if they didn't extend the fight like the way they did it would have shown that Luffy was way above Doffy, they shouldn't have made DD keep up like that, but I guess overall 6/10 for G4 and episode gets 5/10 they dragging this way too long

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Morocco
FFS they couldn't even animate the Leo Bazooka well, what is wrong with these people ?

milek

Country
Serbia
Great episode. Mingo can take almost any punch. He's one tough fighter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nice episode. I love how Sabo saved Luffy.

Those 10 min in One PIece will be like 5 min on Namek

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
It doesn't help that the source material for the fight itself was stretched far too thin. I imagine juggling the A- and B-teams for this on-again-off-again fight between Luffy and Doffy is wreaking havoc on the whole animation crew.

Benefit of the doubt given... I have to agree it wasn't done as well as I wanted, and certainly not as impactful as G2's reveal. But I've had issue with almost all of the Dressrosa arc's quality so I can't be too picky when we finally get something with fair animation.

I can't wait for this to get One Pace'd.

milek

Country
Serbia
Great episode, one of the best. I loved how everyone is trying to help with the cage.

Barrier

Country
United Kingdom
Waiting for King Kong Gun. The anime guys better make it epic.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
These past and current episodes (which I watched speedily :p) are very fulfilling, and at the same time, very eye-tearing for me.

When I saw how every single person in the country started to stand up and helping each other really made me cry. There was no differentiation among the people, whether if they were pirates, marine soldiers, professionals like doctors and nurses, common citizens, and the very young and elderly, all are "one" when it came to the time of pushing and trying to stop the birdcage from closing in.

King Riku's speech was one of the most encouraging one for the people. All of a sudden, everyone was hyped up and filled with strength and started to help one another. Even granny and the handicapped/disabled person stood up and ran. (Yay! Granny!)

Princess Mansherry did a fantastic job by scattering dandelions formed from her tears across the country to heal the injured. Truly, it was "tears of miracles" that saved a lot of people. Though it might be temporal, but the effect was still powerful.

On the part of Viola and Rebecca. I really have to close my eyes. Can't bear to see the two princesses in such state with Rebecca being forced by Doflamingo to kill her aunt.

The most interesting fist fight here would be Doflamingo and Luffy. Likewise for Burgess and Sabo, in which Sabo arrived to save the day for Luffy. The intense fight between Doffy and Luffy really held my breath. Doffy was so durable and his endurance was superb. Despite taking so much damage, he was still able to fight for so long. It was partly due to his strings which helped to stitch up his wounds or else he would have died from internal bleeding and damaged organs.

Oh.. there is so much more and I'm like one of those who cheered for Luffy. "Lucy! Lucy!" "Luffy! Luffy!" :Haha Luffy finally came and saved the two princesses. Phew! :^_^

eefrit

What's Up Danger
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I await the day this arc gets a Fishman Island and Alabasta style OVA remake.

Eigengrau

Country
The Wall
I give up this crap, once and for all that's it, I've had enough of Toei's bullshit
I know what you mean, I'm also very tempted to just drop it as well.
Today, finally, I watched episodes 726-733. Actually, I stopped watching at 717 and wanted to wait until Luffy/Doflamingo was over, but I ended up watching from 717-725 a couple of months ago.

Still, and sadly, none of that made it any better.
It's always the same thing. Out of 24 minutes, you take out 6mins-7mins for the usual intro/recap. That leaves about 15 minutes of "original" content, which is nothing but a single chapter stretched to oblivion. I say "original", because the way they add filler in is just terrible, and watching these 8 episodes back to back made me see just how bad it's gotten.

Like, taking the same drawings from different episodes, even animations, and just changing a bit of the color scheme, but otherwise the repetitions and the nonsensical bits where the characters just stare at you for seconds on end are just endless.

And you know something? I could take all that, I could that a whole episode of people running around in circles if that at least meant they would do justice to the actual manga, but nope.
I had forgotten about what they did with Luffy/Caesar, forgotten about Luffy/Hody where they made him use Red Hawk a second time, but I never expected they'd do the same with Doflamingo...

These stupid "tug-of-wars" that in no way, shape or form take place in the manga, I hate this. It ruins everything for me, it puts me off in such a way that I'm not even comfortable talking about it. I love One Piece, but I can't help but cringe. It doesn't make it any better, not one bit, but that's just me.

The anime is just distancing itself more and more from the original source, and that's sad. I really miss the old One Piece and it saddens me thinking that it might never go back to that, when the animation was nice, where everything was fluid and funny, you know.

And please, I know all about the animators, how tough their job is, and how it's common in the anime department to re-use the same stuff due to tight schedules. It's not about that, there's just no excuse for certain things. They'd be better off taking a year off so they can come back and make episodes with actual content.

It's not like they'd be losing money over it. In fact, it's because One Piece makes so much money already that they don't seem to care at all.

Sheesh.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm hating too much, but I think I've finally reached that breaking point. Maybe I'll only watch a few select scenes from the episodes from now on, as opposed to watching the whole thing. I know some people don't feel the same way, but what can I say :/?

I don't think it has anything to do with Dressrosa being a long arc, but maybe that's part of the reason as well? I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

Barrier

Country
United Kingdom
Wow! One thing I wanted them to get it right but they did not!

In the anime King Kong Gun and 16 Heavenly Bullets were equal in power and DD's attack even managed to push Luffy's fist back.

In the manga Luffy's attack dominated DD' attack.

Wow! Why did they do that? It was the same when Luffy used Grissly Magnum against Caeser Clown. The Anime makes the exchange looks equal but the manga shows us Luffy's complete domination.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
I actually liked the prolonged clash at the end. I kept watching it over and over again. However, I agree with everyone who says Toei is not doing the One Piece anime justice. The fans deserve better.

Last edited:

Eigengrau

Country
The Wall
Well, at least they teased you know who, which is cool, I guess.

Those who don't know about it will probably think it's something/someone related to Oars or something... maybe.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
I quite like the exchange between Fujitora and Sakazuki when Sakazuki just threw a fit over whatever Fujitora was saying. I suppose his blood pressure shot up pretty high. He was only shot of getting a heart attack from it. :Haha

I think I'm appreciating Fujitora more after watching the anime, though I respected him when I saw him doing dogeza in the manga. His Marine crew did the bow together with him and he apologised with such sincerity to King Riku, the royal family and the citizens of Dressrosa, which shows what a man of honour he is. He definitely deserves respect. It's one thing to swallow one's pride and another to admit mistake and willing to apologise publicly. That was really one rare sight coming from the Marines and Fujitora made it in such a way where the neigbouring countries were receiving the broadcast. News, of course, started to fly off when reporters caught hold of this unusual news. In fact Fujitora did not touch Donquixote Pirates and gambled on the pirates, particularly Luffy, shows how much he must have planned this out. In order to get rid of the shichibukai system, he put himself in a high risk by trusting on the Pirates and Luffy. He could have failed though. But I suppose after his short encounter with Luffy, he probably felt that it was worth the while.

Doflamingo was finally down. I was so excited when I saw his broken glasses. What huge sea-stone chains to bind them up! :eek:

With much anticipation and excitement, we got a quick teaser of a huge orc-like figure. (Let's not spell out the name... :teehee)

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
I haven't watched the anime for around 8 months I think, I just caught up last 12 episodes (still miss a couple yet to catch)
But in episode 739 why does Kyros walk with 2 legs ? :err

It may be a mistake that happened once with shanks appearing with his botha arms :

:feelsbadman

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
I haven't watched the anime for around 8 months I think, I just caught up last 12 episodes (still miss a couple yet to catch)
But in episode 739 why does Kyros walk with 2 legs ? :err

It may be a mistake that happened once with shanks appearing with his botha arms :

:feelsbadman
Looks like I wasn't the only person who noticed these mistakes. I blame Toei. This show could be so much better if it was left up to another studio.

Eigengrau

Country
The Wall
Looks like I wasn't the only person who noticed these mistakes. I blame Toei. This show could be so much better if it was left up to another studio.
I know what you mean, but then again an ongoing anime such as One Piece can't really compare in terms of quality to some others, although such mistakes should easily be avoided...

Still, I miss pre-timeskip animation :/.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Country
Water Tribe
I have just read about some news on the upcoming One Piece Anime which has revealed a new arc titled "Silver Mine" prior to the start of Zou arc. It will debut on June 26th. The story revolves around Luffy and Bartolomeo who are kidnapped by the Silver Pirate Alliance and are taken to the hideout of the kidnappers which is a giant silver mine. Additionally, there will be a new theme song for the anime, and Hiroshi Kitadani and Kishidan will collaborate to perform the song, "We Can!".

In preparation of the upcoming "One Piece Film: Gold" which will be officially launched nationwide (Japan) on July 23rd, this Special arc, together with the other TV Special, "Heart of Gold" will run in tie with the movie.

Anime Air-Date:
Silver Mine arc - starts on June, 26th
TV Special: Heart of Gold - July, 16th

Movie Release Date:
One Piece Film: Gold - July 23rd

More information can be found in ANN and this thread which we have been updating regularly. Please do check it out! :^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)