Seinen Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
As ONE's series is ahead of Murata's please simply label and include any discussion regarding the Webtoon in spoiler tags.
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Great chapter. We all knew that Suiryu couldn't defeat them all.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
The heroes won't be able to cope at this rate. Suiryuu is clearly S-class but even he could barely defeat the others, and he's certainly no match for Gouketsu. Saitama can't possibly win every battle and only few S-class are strong enough to take on the more powerful monsters. Well this is saitama's cue. Time to step in and kick ass
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is this the first Demon Type monster or was one of the ones before also a Demon Type?
Boros? The only one i can think of but was it classified?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Demon level threats are not all that strong. You don't need to be S class to beat them, the strongest after the God level ones are Dragon level.
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is this the first Demon Type monster or was one of the ones before also a Demon Type?
Boros? The only one i can think of but was it classified?
Demon level threats are not all that strong. You don't need to be S class to beat them, the strongest after the God level ones are Dragon level.
Ah sorry. I actually meant Dragon Type. The one stronger than Demon.
My Bad.
 

Rescorlian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
503
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
Damn, that monster really looks like Akuma/Gouki from Street fighter, definitely rooting for him ! :D

Chapter was really cool. I hope it'll not be Saitama that comes in and save the day
 

Xguard

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
268
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Gouketsu is not much problem, I believe. I know he's strong at this point but to think Garou is very strong and surely he would love to be monster, so I think Garou can outclass Gouketsu easily when he's transform. And that means Garou should be the one to fight against Saitama not Gouketsu.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn, each chapter is proving I put too much hype into Shiryu.

That being said, he gave a good showing and seems to still be conscious at the end of the chapter. I don't see him doing any significant damage to Gouketsu though.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I liked this chapter in that it was used to show us the extent of Suiryu's abilities and what didn't get to see against Saitama.

That said, Gouketsu is a different level of demon altogether and to be honest, from the moment he got there and began turning the other fighters into monsters, everything was set up for him to clash against Saitama.

The fight pages were so good though, and all through these fights something had been bugging me but I couldn't put my finger on it until someone here mentioned it; I'm really getting that DB Budokai vibe here.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Anyone else read One original comic?
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
I tried but i can not say that i like it.
Hoping for Saitama in next chapter.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
I tried but i can not say that i like it.
Hoping for Saitama in next chapter.
I guess I can understand the art makes Togashi art look good.
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Anyone know when we will get new chapter. I cat wait to see new one. I wonder if we will see Saitama.
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
3 weeks later, still nothing... This is klling me lol :(
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Hm, me too. Every day i'm refreshing the page :derp .
 

Angie7

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
157
Reaction score
194
Age
126
Country
Fun Forum
Anyone else read One original comic?
I tried but i can not say that i like it.
Hoping for Saitama in next chapter.
Yup, I do. If you prioritize art over everything else in a manga, it'll probably be very hard to read One's version. If story is the most important aspect to you 'though, you might just be able to get over the weird drawing style. It took me a while too before I started reading it. And tbh, One can draw pretty funny expressions. Whenever you see chibi style characters in Murata's version (mostly Tatsumaki or Saitama), it's pretty much a copy-paste of One's style.
The ongoing arc in Murata's version however is "filler", so no tournament and no Suiryu in the original manga. It's possible One cooperated to help with the story, but I'm not sure.
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Hm, still no new news about spoilers.
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
This day marks the end of the first 5 weeks of waiting for a new chapter... This is killing me lol.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Next update will be 4/4 according to the Reddit, which took it from Murata's twitter. These waits are unbearable. :arf
 
Top