Re: The cold never bothered me anyway.
Legolas is awesome, elves are awesome, archers are awesome.
As expected. Ahahaha. I still can't decide who I like more, Thranduil or Legolas.

Action-wise, Legolas is still better with his archery show-offs and we never see Thranduil in action anyway, but sass-wise, Thranduil is still the sassiest elf.
---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------
That's one I have actually noticed myself. Every time I watch the movie I laugh at that scene, so epic stare
Lol I don't know about his habits. Maybe people have found similar things from other movies e.g. Pirates etc. Orlando was kinda new blood during LOTR. I've watched the movies so many times and I only noticed the bolded part.
Yeah. Plus everything super-elves do looks so smooth and fluid, thus effortless. Aragorn is more of a brute in combat, waving his two handed greatsword around in long hard slashes. But Elves are just on another level entirely in the Tolkien universe. They are wastly overpowered compared to the other races. Dwarves look like crap in comparison lol.
Fun fact: It's so dumb Legolas is "beaten" by Gimli in the Helm's Deep "who can kill more orcs" contest. There's just no way Legolas killed so few xD Not to mention he shot down the huge ladder thing that probably in itself killed a hundred orcs lol.
Since the Hobit is originally a children's story, it makes sense the atmosphere is more "cartoonish" for lack of better term. Like for example the chase scene in the goblin cave in the first movie, where they ended up surfing down the cave on a huge wooden "platform" to escape, and the barrel escape in the second. It's supposed to be more light heared, but the book also has darker elements like starvation and desperation in Murkwood (which was to my disappointment pretty much entirely discarded in the movie!). I'd say the movies are more "LOTR'ish" than the actual Hobbit book is. I find it even weirder in LOTR how little blood there is. For the most part there's orc's bleeding and being hacked into pieces. You rarely see humans bleed too much.
Yeah, it's so obvious it is epically hilarious. It is a rare gem among all the seriousness of the movie.
It is even more epic to remember that Orlando was still a new blood in LOTR, yet he did those and got away with it. He had a lot of cheek for a newcomer.

I don't know if he did for other movies too, but as far as I know, he didn't. Only for LOTR, and I have to wait until the extended edition of DoS to come out to know if he did that too for the Hobbit though somehow I think it is unlikely since Legolas is much more serious in the Hobbit.
Yeah, elves are so "above" all. No wonder they have these arrogant air surrounding them. Dwarves maybe are even more of brutes than humans, but sometimes their fights look kinda funny (as Thorin and co have shown to us).
Ah, well, I'm wondering about that too, but who knows if Legolas is "beaten" because he show-offs too much.

The way he fights is indeed elegant but kinda too complicated, what with the swinging here and there. Gimli probably catches up because he is more straightforward in hacking and killing. Who knows.
Well, I pretty much avoid reading the books because I know I will start to compare (and that I don't like stories with so much description), and I prefer to keep the movies in a good light. Since I don't read the book, I'm pretty okay with the Hobbit being more "LOTR'ish". I love more actions, tbh.
---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------
That's one I have actually noticed myself. Every time I watch the movie I laugh at that scene, so epic stare
Lol I don't know about his habits. Maybe people have found similar things from other movies e.g. Pirates etc. Orlando was kinda new blood during LOTR. I've watched the movies so many times and I only noticed the bolded part.
Yeah. Plus everything super-elves do looks so smooth and fluid, thus effortless. Aragorn is more of a brute in combat, waving his two handed greatsword around in long hard slashes. But Elves are just on another level entirely in the Tolkien universe. They are wastly overpowered compared to the other races. Dwarves look like crap in comparison lol.
Fun fact: It's so dumb Legolas is "beaten" by Gimli in the Helm's Deep "who can kill more orcs" contest. There's just no way Legolas killed so few xD Not to mention he shot down the huge ladder thing that probably in itself killed a hundred orcs lol.
Since the Hobit is originally a children's story, it makes sense the atmosphere is more "cartoonish" for lack of better term. Like for example the chase scene in the goblin cave in the first movie, where they ended up surfing down the cave on a huge wooden "platform" to escape, and the barrel escape in the second. It's supposed to be more light heared, but the book also has darker elements like starvation and desperation in Murkwood (which was to my disappointment pretty much entirely discarded in the movie!). I'd say the movies are more "LOTR'ish" than the actual Hobbit book is. I find it even weirder in LOTR how little blood there is. For the most part there's orc's bleeding and being hacked into pieces. You rarely see humans bleed too much.
Yeah, it's so obvious it is epically hilarious. It is a rare gem among all the seriousness of the movie.
It is even more epic to remember that Orlando was still a new blood in LOTR, yet he did those and got away with it. He had a lot of cheek for a newcomer.

I don't know if he did for other movies too, but as far as I know, he didn't. Only for LOTR, and I have to wait until the extended edition of DoS to come out to know if he did that too for the Hobbit though somehow I think it is unlikely since Legolas is much more serious in the Hobbit.
Yeah, elves are so "above" all. No wonder they have these arrogant air surrounding them. Dwarves maybe are even more of brutes than humans, but sometimes their fights look kinda funny (as Thorin and co have shown to us).
Ah, well, I'm wondering about that too, but who knows if Legolas is "beaten" because he show-offs too much.

The way he fights is indeed elegant but kinda too complicated, what with the swinging here and there. Gimli probably catches up because he is more straightforward in hacking and killing. Who knows.
Well, I pretty much avoid reading the books because I know I will start to compare (and that I don't like stories with so much description), and I prefer to keep the movies in a good light. Since I don't read the book, I'm pretty okay with the Hobbit being more "LOTR'ish". I love more actions, tbh.