Discussion Pandora's Box: One Piece

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Introduction

Roger, besides being Pirate King, was well known for the wealth he had accumulated. Prior to his death, he's questioned as to the whereabouts of his wealth⁽¹⁾ where he proceeds to gives a rather cryptic response, and it is this wealth that he accumulated that is the One Piece. Just a treasure? Well, usually, that'd be unsatisfactory, but the unusual thing with One Piece is, there are consequences upon 'journeying', in search for it, and that's the aspect of it that makes this endeavour dangerous, but to whom? To the World Government as Whitebeard echoes out publicly with his last dying breathe.

The Consequences of Searching and Finding One Piece
As much of a mystery One Piece (the Manga) is, and can be, there are hints spread and laid out giving out the answers. Sometimes the answers are explicit, while they can also be implied, and pretty strongly at that. Without digressing, Whitebeard reveals what exactly occurs if One Piece is found⁽⁵⁷⁶⁾, and the prospects of finding One Piece are eerily akin to researching the Poneglyphs.
  • Poneglyphs reveal the discovery of an untold history⁽³⁹⁵⁾ which brings to light the rather despicable acts of 20 Kingdoms (World Government).
  • Poneglyphs reveal the existence of a strange Ancient Kingdom⁽³⁹⁵⁾ which was great (then destroyed).
  • and the Poneglyphs reveal location to Ancient Weapons⁽³⁹⁵⁾ which hold the power to destroy the world.
What Whitebeard is prophesying here has to be the truth, why? because the World Government have conveniently banned research on Poneglyphs⁽³⁹²⁾. If learning the truth is going to cause revolt, then it means the WG is misleading (by deception and falsifying evidence) their allies to keep their reigns tight over the world. This essentially tells us that the WG is evil because no Nation who triumphs over an evil enemy, will keep their success which should be advocating Justice, a secret, but rather boast about it and inspire future generations.

To reiterate again, One Piece is a standard treasure, however, it's important to understand that it leads to the Poneglyph which is clearly stated to have ramifications such as initiating a world wide revolt and war against the WG.
The Great Age of Piracy

Roger's death became the basis of many people's goal & ambition which is to find One Piece. The search for One Piece turned many into leading a life of Piracy, aiming to go to the Grand Line to walk in Roger's footsteps, in the hopes that they'd eventually find the One Piece. Unfortunately, there are many obstacles on the way to One Piece, first being, getting into the Grand Line. Luckily for Luffy, he was able to escape a death sentence from Buggy, and slip through Smoker's grasp, thereby successfully continuing on with his adventure.

Understanding the Poneglyph

The problem is just encountering a Poneglyph isn't good enough, interpreting what it says is necessary, or else, it's not useful. There are ways to decipher these cube shaped objects, one is by education from Oharan Scholars, and even then, only those with great intellectual ability like Nico-Robin are capable of learning it⁽³⁹⁶⁾. Another method exists which is unknown to the WG, it's the method by which Roger was able to understand these Poneglyphs, and that's with the ability called VOAT⁽⁵⁰⁷⁾ (Voice of All Things).

VOAT (Voice Of All Things)
As the spoiler above shows, VOAT has the ability to let one communicate with Sea-Kings, this is a feat specially reserved for the Ancient Weapon Poseidon⁽⁶²⁶⁾; VOAT⁽⁵⁰⁷⁾ is also the ability to hear the words transcribed on the Poneglyph which Rayleigh mentions to Robin when curious as to how Roger understood the language; with such an ability, one has the capability to not just decipher the Poneglyph without intellectual gift, but to also command Sea Kings assuming Poseidon gave them the order to obey a VOAT user.

Deciphering the Poneglyph is how the way to One Piece, Raftel, the Void Century and Ancient Weapon can be learnt or found.

Digressing a bit, VOAT has being demonstrated by Luffy and Roger who bare the D initial, this implies that the ability is attributed to all those who bare the D name. Were this to be true, it shows how dangerous those with the initial are, and explains why the WG would like to keep the initial a secret from the world⁽⁵⁹⁴⁾. Coincidentally, while the D initial is being kept secret from the public in as much as can be, so is the existence of the Ancient Kingdom and it's name⁽³⁹⁵⁾ which hints that the Ancient Kingdom is the country that the D come from.
Ancient Weapons
Ancient Weapons (found via Poneglyph) are weapons capable of destroying the world, 3 of them exist and the WG fear their revival⁽³⁵⁵⁾. These Ancient Weapons will probably very likely be vital in defeating the WG as the prophecy supposes.

Surprisingly enough, there's a Prophecy recited by Otohime ⁽⁶²⁶⁾, but originating from Joyboy, that Poseidon the Ancient Weapon called Shirahoshi will be guided by a special individual, and he will guide her in the right way, and this individual will be key in bringing change to the world; Whitebeard's prophecy is also similar to this prophecy as they both require the WG being uprooted from power to transpire.

Raftel

Raftel is confused to have been at the end of the Grand Line where all Magnetic fields converge into 1 field. Crocus stated that Raftel is the last island to reach, not the Island where all the Magnetic fields converge. Roger's crew is the only set of individuals to reach Raftel in the centuries, therefore, it wouldn't make sense if one could get there simply by using a Log Pose, but via Poneglyph only.

Very few people such as the Pirate King and Robin were privy to the existence of Raftel? why? because they had learned the name off the Poneglyphs⁽³⁰¹⁾. Therefore, even reaching One Piece which is at Raftel, is only possible if one can decipher them. It's implied that Raftel is unknown knowledge to the public because when Usopp hears Crocus say Roger's crew were there, Usopp said that Island insinuating it's the first time he's heard of Raftel⁽¹⁰⁵⁾. Only those who reached Raftel learnt of the Void Century indicating that they only got there guidance from the Poneglyph⁽³⁰¹⁾.

The Void Century - Click for More

The Tenryuubito are the founders of the WG⁽⁴⁹⁷⁾, because of this fact they commit acts worthy of being labelled criminal, but due to their status, it's acceptable. The 20 Kings of the Kingdoms moved to Mariejoise except for the Nerferteri family, changed their titles to Tenryuubito after forming the organization known as the WG. As a result of moving to Mariejoise, they kings appointed to rule while they ascended and lived as Tenryuubito.

The Tontattas, a tribe of Dwarves were at war with the Donquixote family, a member of the 20 Kingdoms who oppressed them. Their war with the Donquixote started 900 years ago, the beginning of the Void Century⁽⁷¹⁸⁾. The Donquixote King made a deal with them, but instead, took advantage of their naive good-willed nature, and then subjugated them to a life of slavery⁽⁷²⁶⁾. This is a glimpse of the Void Century, but it depicts nicely just how shrewd and inhumane these people are; Poneglyphs reveal such information, the Tontattas are just 1 of many victims.

Who Trusts Liars?

The World Government have founded their organization on lies, deception and violence. They claim credit for heroic acts, turn blind eye to injustice, and conceal the truth as long as their image remains intact, and the general public continue to have faith in them. What will happen when all the nations supporting the WG find out they're being lied to? They'll stop trusting them, endorsing them, allying with them and ultimately pushing to overthrow them, and this is why One Piece is Dangerous.

Will of D - Click for More
The Will of D has been right under our noses; it's Roger's Will, Luffy's Will⁽⁸⁰¹⁾, and Joyboy's Will; It's the Will of the Ancient Kingdom, and the entire theme of One Piece, Freedom. When Whitebeard spoke about the prophecy, was it something that he learnt himself? It was Roger who lectured him on the Will of D⁽⁵⁷⁶⁾, and this Will is exactly what he uttered before he died, and that is to bring down the WG in order to stop slavery, create a world where people could be free to travel the world without fear of prejudice and a world where people of all races and species were united as were the sentiments of Mermaid Otohime⁽⁶²⁴⁾, and all other races in an ideal world.

Conclusion

One Piece was very well planned out, it's a Will that has been passed on from 900 years ago, and will finally be accomplished by Luffy. Roger needs be credited for creating the lure to draw people in to seeking out this truth. Roger became Pirate King because he wanted Freedom more than anything else, his adventures revealed that there was something greater than his own Freedom, and that's the Freedom of everyone.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Thanks for your well-thought analysis, @Hannibal Psyche. :super I have enjoyed reading. It really keeps my thinking hat working. :^_^

On the part where the VOAT is concerned, no doubt we have Roger and Luffy who bear the initial "D" possess such ability. In Chapter 821 when Zunisha was attacked, it was discovered by the whole group of people present in the Island that Momo and Luffy were able to hear Zunisha's voice. However at that point of time, Law was there as well. But he did not seem to hear anything though he is a "D" like Luffy.

At the beginning when I knew that Luffy has such ability as Roger, I thought it may be an ability exclusive to the "D"s and unique to them, and it just so happens that both Roger and Luffy treasure their "freedom" roaming the sea. There is probably some lineage in their past which link them to their ancestors and where they originated from.

After seeing Momo who not just being able to hear and was also able to give command to Zunisha, I begin to think, perhaps this "ability" can only be "awakened" by certain special people or certain special group of people. Even among the "special group" such as the "D"s, there may exist a certain criteria to possess such ability. If this is the case, perhaps Law doesn't belong to this "group"?

Another way to think about it, if such ability needs time and/or under certain circumstances to be triggered (or awakened), it's clearly undoubtable that Momo and Luffy did have it "awakened" in full force. Initially it was mild, but it gradually got stronger till the time of Zunisha's desperate plea. Under such distressing and crucial moment, Momo and Luffy's VOAT ability was manifested fully.

Now, though I put Luffy and Momo together for illustration, but one needs to note that both of them are from different set of family lineage. Obviously, we know Momo is from the Kouzuki family which has existed for centuries and is known for the invention of polyglyphs, while Luffy's is from the "D" which is still a mystery to us.

Pertaining to what is mentioned about "awakening" and 'special group of people", why isn't Law being a "D" able to "hear" Zunisha? One reason I can think of is that he does not belong to this "special group". In other words, not all the "D"s are able to possess such ability but only to certain "specific" people. In this case, it is clearly stated that Roger and Luffy are the ones (at the moment).

Another way of saying: What if Law actually has the ability but is not awakened yet? I don't wanna rule out this possibility as well. Is it possible that his ability is lying dormant (in wait of awakening)?

Besides the above-mentioned characters, I'm also pondering about other "D"s such as Blackbeard, Garp, Dragon, Saul, Rouge and Ace if they too have/had the similar ability. Those who were dead, we probably can't see them in action, but the rest who are still alive, we might be able to have a glimpse of them if only Oda creates that opportunity. However, if it is not shown, it is probably that they are not the candidates in mind for VOAT ability.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Thanks for your well-thought analysis, @Hannibal Psyche. :super I have enjoyed reading. It really keeps my thinking hat working. :^_^

On the part where the VOAT is concerned, no doubt we have Roger and Luffy who bear the initial "D" possess such ability. In Chapter 821 when Zunisha was attacked, it was discovered by the whole group of people present in the Island that Momo and Luffy were able to hear Zunisha's voice. However at that point of time, Law was there as well. But he did not seem to hear anything though he is a "D" like Luffy.

At the beginning when I knew that Luffy has such ability as Roger, I thought it may be an ability exclusive to the "D"s and unique to them, and it just so happens that both Roger and Luffy treasure their "freedom" roaming the sea. There is probably some lineage in their past which link them to their ancestors and where they originated from.

After seeing Momo who not just being able to hear and was also able to give command to Zunisha, I begin to think, perhaps this "ability" can only be "awakened" by certain special people or certain special group of people. Even among the "special group" such as the "D"s, there may exist a certain criteria to possess such ability. If this is the case, perhaps Law doesn't belong to this "group"?

Another way to think about it, if such ability needs time and/or under certain circumstances to be triggered (or awakened), it's clearly undoubtable that Momo and Luffy did have it "awakened" in full force. Initially it was mild, but it gradually got stronger till the time of Zunisha's desperate plea. Under such distressing and crucial moment, Momo and Luffy's VOAT ability was manifested fully.

Now, though I put Luffy and Momo together for illustration, but one needs to note that both of them are from different set of family lineage. Obviously, we know Momo is from the Kouzuki family which has existed for centuries and is known for the invention of polyglyphs, while Luffy's is from the "D" which is still a mystery to us.

Pertaining to what is mentioned about "awakening" and 'special group of people", why isn't Law being a "D" able to "hear" Zunisha? One reason I can think of is that he does not belong to this "special group". In other words, not all the "D"s are able to possess such ability but only to certain "specific" people. In this case, it is clearly stated that Roger and Luffy are the ones (at the moment).

Another way of saying: What if Law actually has the ability but is not awakened yet? I don't wanna rule out this possibility as well. Is it possible that his ability is lying dormant (in wait of awakening)?

Besides the above-mentioned characters, I'm also pondering about other "D"s such as Blackbeard, Garp, Dragon, Saul, Rouge and Ace if they too have/had the similar ability. Those who were dead, we probably can't see them in action, but the rest who are still alive, we might be able to have a glimpse of them if only Oda creates that opportunity. However, if it is not shown, it is probably that they are not the candidates in mind for VOAT ability.
The VOAT is the one aspect I'm iffy about, I tend to change my opinions assuming I can find sufficient evidence.

At the moment, I'm thinking the Kouzuki Family are somewhat related to the D Clan, but I question, how does an outsider become a part of a Country closed to the world? but we also have to ask how did the D initially get the people of Wano to actually create Poneglyphs for them? So I think it's possible that the D Clan were somehow in relations with the people of Wano, or else, such accomplishment ofa project this huge is truly astounding and a show of great diplomatic skills, haha.

Before I digress, I did wonder if Law heard, but I think Oda has been very subtle about it:

We know that Momo was able to hear Zou as we saw couple chapters ago, and we see he says "I'm hearing that Voice again" which implies this is the voice he heard while on the way to the Whale's stomach.

The last time Momonosuke heard a voice again was on the way to the Whale's Stomach. Law is for some reason shown, why? Most likely because he heard something too. One may argue that he heard Momonosuke, but he's quite a distance away from Momonosuke, so it seems to be hinting that he indeed heard something, or there's no reason for Law to be shown in the panel. Another could be why isn't Luffy shown? Not certain, but it seems this voice during this period was subtle and not that Loud, Luffy was boisterously making his way into the Whale, so he may have ignored it, but he's not shown.

We see that when Kinemon tells us Momonosuke has the same disposition as Lord Oden and Roger, he's referring to hearing Zunisha. We see Luffy, but through out the entire chapter, I postulated that we might see Law, but he was not shown at all during the commotion, so I hold the stance that it's still a possibility, and Oda is teasing.

Law may have gone somewhere else while all this was happening, so we didn't see his reaction to the Voice. Maybe he was more perceptive and understood what was happening, but we can't see him at all for most of this chapter.

Assuming this VOAT thing is correct, then it'd be implying the Kouzuki are Ds too, but will hold reservations and maintain this belief until better explanation or good evidence shows otherwise.

Still iffy, but we'll see! and Thanks. :)

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It is always a possibility that the "D" and "Kouzuki" clans are related since ancient times or before the void century. Since the World Government has been trying so hard to hide the world history by forbidding people from studying it, surely it would raise suspicion.

Another thing that I find the two clans may be linked is the invention of poneglyphs which is created during ancient times. Perhaps the ancestors were related by blood, like relatives or they were the "special group" of people who possessed such special abilities and came together. I'm thinking along the line of how Ace, Sabo and Luffy got to know each other, and how their relationship prospered into brotherhood. Could this be possible?

Further speculation: There may exist some other abilities which are not reveal to us yet. That is also another possibility.

Pertaining to the VOAT. I'm still wondering whose voice and what kind of voice(s) can be heard. We now know that one of the voices is living creatures (Sea Kings, elephant) in which four people (Roger, Oden, Luffy and Momo) have/had experienced with. The only exception is that Momo can also converse and command.

The panel with Law when Kinemon and Momo were chatting about the "voice" is very ambiguous. It seems like Law is staying a distant from them. However, that doesn't mean that the chatting can't be heard considering the location that they were in. At least I didn't think that a forest would be that noisy and Kinemon and Momo wouldn't be whispering to each other. Well, I can't really comment much since that panel puzzles me a lot and there is no way to show if the place is quiet or not. Perhaps if this scene is shown in the anime, we probably would get a clearer picture of it.

Looking at another point of view, is it possible that Law did hear the voice but it was very soft, or the "voice" just come and go? So it seems to him that he heard something but because it didn't occur constantly, he thought he was just hearing things. Or is it like what I have mentioned before, the gradual "awakening" and Law heard it and kept to himself. Or it could be both.

Oda did not go on to show Law again and left us with Law's "......" to tease us. Well, it could be a hint for further revelation of Law's VOAT ability.

Like you said, we shall wait and see. :^_^

Michael22

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
momo might be an ancient weapon like shirohosi cause zunishia cant be the only one of his kind what if hes an elephant from the giants kingdom where the animals are really big like sea kings and he can control the animals that don't live underwater momo was able to see through zunishia's eyes when he beat jack momo told them that jack was defeated by zunishia and you may think it was haki of observation but everyone there was a little shocked and there haki should be at a higher level than a kids and zunisha asked permisson from momo to attack maybe hes the king of land animals that are giant like how shirohosi is the princess/queen of sea kings from what we know one of the ancient weapons is a ship the other is a mermaid who can control sea kings to me its kinda sounded like noahs arc from the bible cause the ship cant be any normal small ship its probably bigger than the noah or it is the noah which the sea kings pulled and i doubt those where the only sea kings the ocean has so if all the sea kings together pull a big ship that is carrying giant animals it sounds to me whoever;s theory about one piece uniting all the oceans will come true lol

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
momo might be an ancient weapon like shirohosi cause zunishia cant be the only one of his kind what if hes an elephant from the giants kingdom where the animals are really big like sea kings and he can control the animals that don't live underwater momo was able to see through zunishia's eyes when he beat jack momo told them that jack was defeated by zunishia and you may think it was haki of observation but everyone there was a little shocked
This I agree with, I'm personally certain that Momo is Uranus because there's just no way in my mind because to be able to control a Creature that Ancient can't just be random, and I'm certain there are more like ZUnisha, she was forced to wander meaning she must have had a home at a point, and relatives.

Concerning One Piece uniting the sea, I don't think it makes sense. What does uniting the sea do? Improve the issue of racism? Not in the slightest as far as I can see. And who actually wants to sail into the Grand Line? Only skilled Navigators can do such a thing, so I doubt uniting the sea has much to do with it. The political and ethical connotations aren't really there. If joining the seas were imperative, Whitebeard alone could have done that with the Gura Gura no Mi.

Michael22

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
by destroying the red or grand line i forget which it is but by destroying it it will eliminate the celestial dragons in marie joa perhaps when they get to raftel and learn the void century history they will learn that the WG celestial dragons committed terrible acts and to prevent future atrocities they will decide to destroy the red/grand line rock thing and it'll make traveling the seas much easier but don't get me wrong your right besides what i mentioned the only benefit would be making it easier to get to each island so they can have more adventures faster about whitebeard being able to he wouldn't want to he only cared about his family/crew.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
by destroying the red or grand line i forget which it is but by destroying it it will eliminate the celestial dragons in marie joa perhaps when
about whitebeard being able to he wouldn't want to he only cared about his family/crew.
The WG could be brought down without destroying the Red Line. Has there ever been hints that the Red Line needs to be destroyed? We only know of Fishman Island.

The Grand line is just not a place that normal people go to, it's suicidal besides the fact it has Pirates, the climate is not suitable for the weak.

Whole purpose of Ancient Weapons couldn't be to destroy the Red Line, just Whitebeard alone could have done it, and now, Blackbeard. Ancient Weapons will have a more political use than just destroying the Red Line which doesn't have much political connotations or effect on injustice.

Whitebeard also didn't just care about his family, he was a Pirate in the Grand Line and fought Roger a lot. Does fighting Roger make sense fr someone who just wants a family? No, he already had Marco, Jozu and co. as his sons, so he was fighting for something which is to be Pirate King. No one just becomes a Yonko because they want a family, that could easily be obtained by getting married and then having a kid. He had ambitions besides a family, the only thing he didn't care about was gold.

Last edited:

Ginopastino

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The WG could be brought down without destroying the Red Line. Has there ever been hints that the Red Line needs to be destroyed? We only know of Fishman Island.

The Grand line is just not a place that normal people go to, it's suicidal besides the fact it has Pirates, the climate is not suitable for the weak.

Whole purpose of Ancient Weapons couldn't be to destroy the Red Line, just Whitebeard alone could have done it, and now, Blackbeard. Ancient Weapons will have a more political use than just destroying the Red Line which doesn't have much political connotations or effect on injustice.

Blackbeard also didn't just care about his family, he was a Pirate in the Grand Line and fought Roger a lot. Does fighting Roger make sense fr someone who just wants a family? No, he already had Marco, Jozu and co. as his sons, so he was fighting for something which is to be Pirate King. No one just becomes a Yonko because they want a family, that could easily be obtained by getting married and then having a kid. He had ambitions besides a family, the only thing he didn't care about was gold.
I think destroying the Red Line is a pre-requisite for the creation of All-Blue. It might as well be an existing place in some way related to the location of Raftel, but, if we really want to tie everything up in a single encompassing theory, we must include the realization of every Strawhat member as being closelly if not entirely related to the discovery of One Piece. Finding One Piece is Luffy's dream, so it's logical to think that would also lead to the fullfilment of every Strawhat's dream.

Also, One Piece's world is currently split in halves by the Red Line. Defeating the WG will certainly bring ever more unity in One Piece world, but that doesn't fit Luffy, it has to be something which will also be physically translated, and the destruction of the Red Line perfectly suit that purpose. We know from that black shark Mermaid that Luffy is going to destroy Fishmen Island. What's more destructive than Luffy blasting 10.000 meters worth of rocks into the sea, rocks which are going to sink right on top of Fishman Island? Left without a place to go back to, Fishmen will have no choice but to use Noah to escape the disaster and find a new home on the surface.

Furthermore, is also think that the Calm Belts and the crazy weather patterns of the Grand Line are related to the Red Line. We have to think in terms of the Revolution One Piece will bring, it's going to be something on a planetary scale, politically AND geographically speaking.

Last, I make a prediction. Inuarashi said that people would normally learn of Raftel and the Ponegliphs when they reach the last "known" island of the New World. Why? It's logical to think they would learn everything there if people with all kinds of knowledge from the seas are gathered in that place.

Just read this extract from One Piece Wikia :

"Pirate Island is an island known to be a paradise for pirates, and the island said to be the origin of the Davy Back Fight. Nothing else is known about the island."

Contrary to Sabaody Archipelago, I'm not talking about somewhere where Pirates would just transit looking to get to the New World and gather resources, it's a settlement, a place which entirely belongs to the travellers of the seas, a paradise because it's only ruled by them.

Being stuck there without any other place to go back to without an Ethernal Pose, Pirates would play games to entertain themselves, or perhaps as a form of settling disputes in a sort of piratesque democratic-ish way. That would be how the very Devy Back Fight was born. Nothing else is known about the Island? But of course, if it's the last one! In that case, information concerning said location would be limited to the very few amount of people who actually completed their journey through the Grand Line until its very end. Even more so, due to the scarce possibility of them making their way back somewhere in the New World. The same people might as well as be the very Silver Medalists Crocodile was referring to back in Impel Down: pirates strong enough to make it to the finish line but not quite powerful or resourceful enough to aim for the head of a Yonko, though still worthy of being called Legendary Pirates.

I have very strong grounds to believe the last island of the Grand Line is "Pirate Island".

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think destroying the Red Line is a pre-requisite for the creation of All-Blue. It might as well be an existing place in some way related to the location of Raftel, but, if we really want to tie everything up in a single encompassing theory, we must include the realization of every Strawhat member as being closelly if not entirely related to the discovery of One Piece. Finding One Piece is Luffy's dream, so it's logical to think that would also lead to the fullfilment of every Strawhat's dream.
The journey would lead to all dreams being accomplished, and all blue is said to already exist, so not much reason for why Red Line needs destroying.

Can't forget that it is imperative to sail the Grand Line with a Log Pose, people even wait years before venturing out for Log Pose to set. If experienced Navigator, or rather, a skilful Navigator like Nami needs one to sail, everyone must need one.

Why can't Baltigo be found? It has no Magnetic field or just can't be picked by Log Poses. That's clearly why it's not been found, for how long? 2,000 years, and this probably applies to Raftel too which is why it can only be reached by coordinates, not Log Pose.

Being that climate in New World is unstable too, people can sail for too long durations without ending up on land and dying, or encounter climate while not being in supply of food due to no lands to disembark on, so, Log poses are important. People don't set sail blindly.

Sanji's all blue is probably like Raftel & Baltigo, in a particular location that can't be located by log-pose.

More so, a complete world map is yet to exist which is Nami's dream, so it's no surprise many locations are currently unknown.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
That is true of Nami's dream. When all parts of the world are found and revealed, and the Straw Hat Pirates set sail to them, that will mean that Nami will finally finish all the maps.

For Baltigo, it seems like the destruction is a deliberate action from the Revolutionary Army themselves or the World Government in order to keep a "certain secret" hidden, or as a result of a battle between RA and BB Pirates.

An ancient island, how rich is its history? What would be the impact and how much of it would be reflected on the World Government if that "certain secret" is revealed?

Truly, my curiosity is out of the bag to get to know about the Baltigo island. :^_^

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Related to latest chapter 904.