Pelvic Sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

life's okay for me, I suppose. Still looking for a job and because I have nothing to do but applying and waiting, I'm rather bored and restless at this point. Yet, I feel rather guilty if I indulge in fun things, so... :oh
So you're at that stage now; it takes a while sometimes, only thing I can say ( and I'm sure others will say the same thing) is to be patient. The restlessness is normal, so don't feel guilty in wanting to have fun. For all you know, once you do find something for yourself, you won't have much time to indulge yourself in trivial or fun things. So, indulge away :nod.

Have you moved back home or to another city to look for work?

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I finally caught up with Nanatsu no Taizai again (around 15 chapters), what're your thoughts on the latest developments?

I think I was like this the entire binge-read; :zomg
I want to see more of Arthur, that's for sure. Hauser finally seeing the truth of what the Holy Knights really are is something that was coming, if not him, then someone else. Honestly, I thought it'd be Gilthunder but he is really committed to the cause and truly believes the sins to be responsible for his father's death. So he'll follow his uncle in their path for retribution and destruction of the group.

What do you think of Dreyfus?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Where'd you find that? :o
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

So you're at that stage now; it takes a while sometimes, only thing I can say ( and I'm sure others will say the same thing) is to be patient. The restlessness is normal, so don't feel guilty in wanting to have fun. For all you know, once you do find something for yourself, you won't have much time to indulge yourself in trivial or fun things. So, indulge away :nod.

Have you moved back home or to another city to look for work?
Haha, it's easy to say that, but you don't have my sister in your family. She can make you feel guilty of many things. But, I understand her reason though, since my father hasn't been working for many years and she's the one who has to shoulder the burden of the family, and the burden is getting heavier (I still younger siblings who are still in school and will still be in school for many years ahead), so she wants me to find good work ASAP.
I'm starting to think that in the future, if I'm going to have children, I won't have many children and my children shouldn't have age difference that are too far apart. I know how it feels to be the elder siblings. :oh
To make myself not feeling that guilty, I read books. If anyone asks, reading book is for knowledge.

Another city. In fact, now I'm in the same city as phio-chan.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Haha, it's easy to say that, but you don't have my sister in your family. She can make you feel guilty of many things. But, I understand her reason though, since my father hasn't been working for many years and she's the one who has to shoulder the burden of the family, and the burden is getting heavier (I still younger siblings who are still in school and will still be in school for many years ahead), so she wants me to find good work ASAP.
I'm starting to think that in the future, if I'm going to have children, I won't have many children and my children shouldn't have age difference that are too far apart. I know how it feels to be the elder siblings. :oh
To make myself not feeling that guilty, I read books. If anyone asks, reading book is for knowledge.

Another city. In fact, now I'm in the same city as phio-chan.
It's true that I don't have your sister in my family, but I can relate a bit to the pressure of finding a decent paying job in order to support your family. I had to do that for 2 years and to this day, I'm not sure how I didn't have a mental breakdown. I'm glad that all but one of my siblings are older than me and have good jobs. But they all have kids and live far away. So the immediate responsibility to look after my dad and little brother sorta falls to me and my twin. My dad doesn't work, though he receives government income, but it's not really enough to have a good life.
Anyway, do what you can to distract yourself from that pressure, though it's not fair for your sister to place that much on your shoulder, but such is life; we don't always choose the situations we're in, we make the best of it. In the meantime, you do what you can to rid yourself of that by reading or whatnot :nod.

:comfort

Have you had the chance to meet phio_chan yet? if you do, tell her I said hello :amuse.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I want to see more of Arthur, that's for sure. Hauser finally seeing the truth of what the Holy Knights really are is something that was coming, if not him, then someone else. Honestly, I thought it'd be Gilthunder but he is really committed to the cause and truly believes the sins to be responsible for his father's death. So he'll follow his uncle in their path for retribution and destruction of the group.

What do you think of Dreyfus?
Arthur seems interesting alright. No, Hauser and Guila were the obvious ones, we already saw Hauser changing in the previous arc.

I loved the first look fo Dreyfuss, he seemed like a cool guy, but omfgholyshit what a fucking bastard, lol. :lmao

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

By the way, the song from Prince and Zooey Deschanel from New Girl is actually a single from his new album, Plectum Electrum.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Arthur seems interesting alright. No, Hauser and Guila were the obvious ones, we already saw Hauser changing in the previous arc.

I loved the first look fo Dreyfuss, he seemed like a cool guy, but omfgholyshit what a fucking bastard, lol. :lmao

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

By the way, the song from Prince and Zooey Deschanel from New Girl is actually a single from his new album, Plectum Electrum.
Yes in Byzel when the Sins chased everyone away to save them from the incoming attacks by the Holy Knights. Again showing their complete disregard for the citizen's safety.

He seemed like a strong but calm and collect book worm. Now he's this insanely powerful guy. He's still cool though, but more badass than anything. The latest chapter though :hee

Oh I didn't know that but I figured it was an actual track that they used in the episode. I'll listen out for it.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

The Holy Knights are bitches. But the Great Holy Knights are even worse. I hate that I love them. :nah

Yeah, he seemed like this wise old powerful guy, a good friend or advicer who would help anyone out. I thought he was going to be an ally in one way or another.
But now he's this fucking over-powered insane guy. Definitely a worthy adversary!

And Diane! I was reading in awe, I felt so sad! :crying


Yeah, found out today, I thought it was just something to promote New Girl/Prince in some kind of way, but apparently it's featured on the album.
Seems Zooey does a lot in the music industry though, she's part of a duo which has 4 albums already, but she has a lot to do with music in her movies/shows too.
And she did the entire soundtrack for the '11 Winnie the Pooh movie.. Which I found weird, because I should've recognized that voice!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

The Holy Knights are bitches. But the Great Holy Knights are even worse. I hate that I love them. :nah

Yeah, he seemed like this wise old powerful guy, a good friend or advicer who would help anyone out. I thought he was going to be an ally in one way or another.
But now he's this fucking over-powered insane guy. Definitely a worthy adversary!

And Diane! I was reading in awe, I felt so sad! :crying


Yeah, found out today, I thought it was just something to promote New Girl/Prince in some kind of way, but apparently it's featured on the album.
Seems Zooey does a lot in the music industry though, she's part of a duo which has 4 albums already, but she has a lot to do with music in her movies/shows too.
And she did the entire soundtrack for the '11 Winnie the Pooh movie.. Which I found weird, because I should've recognized that voice!
Lol, I love their costume designs; though Hendricksen's is much more toned down that then rest. Even within their ranks, there seem to have various agendas, which I like; otherwise it's too flat of a group concept.

I love his magic ability too, poor Diane.

I knew she was in a band and did the whole music thing but that's not a novelty among actors/actresses. A lot of them are in bands and stuff.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

oh.bobby what you think bout this...

 
Last edited by a moderator:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

It's true that I don't have your sister in my family, but I can relate a bit to the pressure of finding a decent paying job in order to support your family. I had to do that for 2 years and to this day, I'm not sure how I didn't have a mental breakdown. I'm glad that all but one of my siblings are older than me and have good jobs. But they all have kids and live far away. So the immediate responsibility to look after my dad and little brother sorta falls to me and my twin. My dad doesn't work, though he receives government income, but it's not really enough to have a good life.
Anyway, do what you can to distract yourself from that pressure, though it's not fair for your sister to place that much on your shoulder, but such is life; we don't always choose the situations we're in, we make the best of it. In the meantime, you do what you can to rid yourself of that by reading or whatnot :nod.

:comfort

Have you had the chance to meet phio_chan yet? if you do, tell her I said hello :amuse.
My sister has been doing it for more than 4 years, so I guess I kinda understand how heavy her burden is, especially when we cannot depend on our eldest sister. I believe that my sister feels that it's unfair that she has to shoulder all the burden when my eldest sister can just do what she wants. My parents has long given up on trying to make my eldest sister be more responsible to our family.
Well, I'm trying to distract myself but I am the sort that is easily bored but also hate to have nothing to do, so it's kinda difficult. :sweat

Nope. She's too busy these days, but when I meet her, I'll send your regard. ^_^
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

oh.bobby what you think bout this...

Nice track, never heard of the artist though. :oh

My sister has been doing it for more than 4 years, so I guess I kinda understand how heavy her burden is, especially when we cannot depend on our eldest sister. I believe that my sister feels that it's unfair that she has to shoulder all the burden when my eldest sister can just do what she wants. My parents has long given up on trying to make my eldest sister be more responsible to our family.
Well, I'm trying to distract myself but I am the sort that is easily bored but also hate to have nothing to do, so it's kinda difficult. :sweat

Nope. She's too busy these days, but when I meet her, I'll send your regard. ^_^
I think this is the first time I've heard of the extent of your family; I've known you had siblings though. So how many of you are there altogether?
I understand your sister trying to emphasise that urgency to find a job, I can't imagine it's been easy for her to take on all that responsibility. It's something that noone should really have to deal with, but it happens. What doesn't help is when you have those in the position to do more, but refuse to or feel it's not their responsibility.
Ha, that's a difficult position to be in; not wanting to have nothing to do but also being easily bored. I guess you either try to pick up new things or encourage yourself to carry on with your list of games/VN/ shows.

Thanks, that would be nice. I hope she's well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I think this is the first time I've heard of the extent of your family; I've known you had siblings though. So how many of you are there altogether?
I understand your sister trying to emphasise that urgency to find a job, I can't imagine it's been easy for her to take on all that responsibility. It's something that noone should really have to deal with, but it happens. What doesn't help is when you have those in the position to do more, but refuse to or feel it's not their responsibility.
Ha, that's a difficult position to be in; not wanting to have nothing to do but also being easily bored. I guess you either try to pick up new things or encourage yourself to carry on with your list of games/VN/ shows.

Thanks, that would be nice. I hope she's well.
There are five of us. All girls, except for the youngest one. He's the baby of the family, he is, being both the only boy and the youngest. I am the middle child.
Yeah, sometimes I envy those family that have fewer children since their lives seems easier. We may earn the same amount of money, but the situation of my family makes things harder for us. Both of my older sisters are difficult people to deal with, but at least my second older sister is more reasonable and responsible than my eldest though I am not comfortable around her too since our personalities are opposites.
Well, I'm a difficult person, even to myself. Hell, I can't count the times I am exasperated with myself. I want to pick up new things, but sadly some of those require money I don't have. :sweat

She sounds well, at least, maybe just tired.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

There are five of us. All girls, except for the youngest one. He's the baby of the family, he is, being both the only boy and the youngest. I am the middle child.
Yeah, sometimes I envy those family that have fewer children since their lives seems easier. We may earn the same amount of money, but the situation of my family makes things harder for us. Both of my older sisters are difficult people to deal with, but at least my second older sister is more reasonable and responsible than my eldest though I am not comfortable around her too since our personalities are opposites.
Well, I'm a difficult person, even to myself. Hell, I can't count the times I am exasperated with myself. I want to pick up new things, but sadly some of those require money I don't have. :sweat

She sounds well, at least, maybe just tired.

Ah a nice big family, it seems. A family with fewer children doesn't always mean an easier life, though I guess the chances are that it would be. In big family like yours and mine too, you tend to get different personalities; ranging from those that take up after each of the parents, to the completely different ones. We also have a similar thing and I have sisters I get on with better than others.

What new things do you want to pick up? :amuse

That's good to hear.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Ah a nice big family, it seems. A family with fewer children doesn't always mean an easier life, though I guess the chances are that it would be. In big family like yours and mine too, you tend to get different personalities; ranging from those that take up after each of the parents, to the completely different ones. We also have a similar thing and I have sisters I get on with better than others.
Well, probably my family also has it harder because of the big age gap between siblings. Between my youngest brother to my oldest sister, there are 20 years age difference. My father was already around 35 years old when he had my oldest sister, so he was supposed to be retired when I was in elementary school, but because I still had a long way to go back then, he kept working until I finished high school.
To be honest, I like to avoid both of my oldest sisters as often as possible. I always feel uncomfortable around extroverts, and it is not helping that these particular extroverts actually watched me grew up and therefore, know all my flaws. Extroverts are notorious for speaking their mind, so I think you can imagine what I have to deal with. With my younger siblings, our relationship is rather... weird. My younger sister suffers from down syndrome, so it's not like we can communicate normally. I and my youngest brother haven't talked a lot to each other ever since I moved out of hometown for high school. It's also not helping that I can never understand boys.

What new things do you want to pick up? :amuse
I want learn music again (I used to be able to play organ), I also want to learn horse-riding (though that is difficult to do here), and I want to continue learning languages but I left all my language books in my sister's house in the former town, and until I find a place for myself (which I can't find until I know where I am going to work), I can't have them since we don't have space for them here (I'm boarding in my aunt's boarding room, and it's barely enough for two people).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Well, probably my family also has it harder because of the big age gap between siblings. Between my youngest brother to my oldest sister, there are 20 years age difference. My father was already around 35 years old when he had my oldest sister, so he was supposed to be retired when I was in elementary school, but because I still had a long way to go back then, he kept working until I finished high school.
To be honest, I like to avoid both of my oldest sisters as often as possible. I always feel uncomfortable around extroverts, and it is not helping that these particular extroverts actually watched me grew up and therefore, know all my flaws. Extroverts are notorious for speaking their mind, so I think you can imagine what I have to deal with. With my younger siblings, our relationship is rather... weird. My younger sister suffers from down syndrome, so it's not like we can communicate normally. I and my youngest brother haven't talked a lot to each other ever since I moved out of hometown for high school. It's also not helping that I can never understand boys.
20 years? same here; between my eldest sister and my youngest brother. It's not so apparent at the top with the first 4 being a year or 2 older than the next, then its 4 years between me and the sister before me, then 8 years between us twins and our youngest. In comparison my dad was already in his 40s when he had ours. What's the retirement age over there?
Loud is definitely the word people use most commonly to describe extroverts. That's understandable, my sisters always tease each other about things when they meet, because they all grew up together. I was raised with my twin and our youngest came a lot later in life, so we were already moving away and he stayed with our parents. By the time we met him again, we had our own way of live, so didn't really get on too well. Mostly the age gap, but I was too caught up in my own stuff and didn't really make much of an effort.

How old is your brother? most boys are the same, just depending on the age. Compared to women, we're not too difficult to understand, just don't overthink things when it comes to him and you'll be fine. Try to find something he's interested in that you can also enjoy and go from there.

Do all your older siblings live far from where you are and from where your family residence is?

I want learn music again (I used to be able to play organ), I also want to learn horse-riding (though that is difficult to do here), and I want to continue learning languages but I left all my language books in my sister's house in the former town, and until I find a place for myself (which I can't find until I know where I am going to work), I can't have them since we don't have space for them here (I'm boarding in my aunt's boarding room, and it's barely enough for two people).
I guess because of the space, learning music will have to wait until you have your own space. Horse riding, I'm not sure, as I dunno much about your place. Learning languages you can do online, even without your books. There are a few online services you can use or download Rosetta Stone. I'm using Duolingo for mine and it keeps track of your progress and tests you after each lessons.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant


Probably heard this before, but in case not, I think you'd like this.. I guess..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I hadn't actually, until now. Pretty dope track. Who's the guy?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I hadn't actually, until now. Pretty dope track. Who's the guy?
I don't have much knowledge of them, besides that it's actually a duo and they are from Germany, they pretty much have no equipment whatsoever and make their music in a very generic living room full of crap.. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top