Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

true. but... FB is one of my homepages as well as MH >.< I couldn't really discern good from bad at that state, no?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

my dad saw my drunken post on FB.. >.>

he said he didn't like my language...

I tried to go all techie on him to lose him, saying that post was made by all sorts of people [who were tagged in the post] and they were saying the bad language (which is just... sh*t, btw).

then i quickly changed the topic. :shakefist I never expected him to go online on FB because he just managed to learn email! :shakefist
Haha, oh the horror of parents on Communities. Luckily my parents are on the computer once every sixth month and doesn't really know what Facebook is, more than the fact that I, apparently, have a lot of pics of myself drunk there (thanks for telling 'em sis) :3

But usually my parents kind find out about my endeavours anyway since my best mate's mom is on facebook and she and my mom gossip more than the girls in Desperate Housewives >,>
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Queenie got "welcomed to Manila." :(.

I really hate those thugs. They're smart enough and strong enough to try to find a decent source of living so they've got no excuses for being douches. They'll get what's coming to them.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Sounds like Manilla isn't really the place to visit if you're a tourist? >,>

Actually, where would you guys prefer?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Manila's fine, really, as long as you don't take public transportation or drive yourself (My American boss once said that you basically have to unlearn how to drive in order to survive Manila's roads). The problem is that if you're looking for something different, Manila is a bad idea, because it's basically a copy of every other city in the world. With dubious looking people all over.

If you're a tourist going for the real sights and sounds of the Philippines, you're better off going to the beautiful islands and beaches all over, and we have lots and lots and lots of that. From Boracay to Bohol to Cebu to La Union to Surigao.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Manila's fine, really, as long as you don't take public transportation or drive yourself (My American boss once said that you basically have to unlearn how to drive in order to survive Manila's roads). The problem is that if you're looking for something different, Manila is a bad idea, because it's basically a copy of every other city in the world. With dubious looking people all over.

If you're a tourist going for the real sights and sounds of the Philippines, you're better off going to the beautiful islands and beaches all over, and we have lots and lots and lots of that. From Boracay to Bohol to Cebu to La Union to Surigao.
You'll be amazed how talented are we, though. Have you seen someone texting with one hand while the other holds on to the back of a jeepney? Pretty cool, huh. :)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I...

I...

GOT THE JOB! :fangirl

I was called yesterday while I was driving, I flew to Cebu first thing in the morning, went straight to the interview, and after 15 minutes of talk he goes "so tomorrow you can show me how you make breakfast, yeah?"

:oh

:nuts

oh! like, wow.!!! :confetti
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

gz
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

good for you bb. congrats!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

just when I planned to marathon this season's anime... -_____________-

life's like that, I guess.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Heh that sounded more like a proposal/invitation for moving in than one of job acceptance :).

Blame the cooking "moogle" in me.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

So, what are you cooking babs?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

It's a high-end "cafe", serving breakfast and lunch with simple (but elegant) dishes. It just opened for a week so it's pretty new, although the history of the restaurant is incredible. This is their "baby" so to speak. That's why the chef also put the noobz in there like me :sweatdrop

I'm actually worried because I hate skills tests... >.< I have to review tonight. gah.

It hasn't caught momentum yet, the restaurant, so they don't plan on hiring stewards just yet. Which means we also wash the dishes :o Since it's a tight kitchen. Truthfully I haven't seen the kitchen yet. And I haven't eaten in any of their chains since they're so goddang intimidating and expensive :s But this is excellent training ground, I'd take the job even without pay (although he said I'd be paid).
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Wait, what establishment?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I...

I...

GOT THE JOB! :fangirl

I was called yesterday while I was driving, I flew to Cebu first thing in the morning, went straight to the interview, and after 15 minutes of talk he goes "so tomorrow you can show me how you make breakfast, yeah?"

:oh

:nuts

oh! like, wow.!!! :confetti
Congratulations, bib. :) i guess you'll gradually be saying goodbye to MH then.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Oh, nice. Will they be giving you certain tasks to complete as a test, or will they require you to cook something?
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Congrats, Babs!
Ganbatte ne~~ :lovebunny

So more good news: I'm heading to Cebu!! :D

My friend I'm going with is flying back to Manila on the 2nd of April to head to LA, but I've decided to stay a bit longer and work my way to Cebu by bus or boat.

Let's meet up somewhere! :3

So I'll be flying out on the 6th or so, probably from Cebu. Then I'll leave the phils for good (well, for now at least) on the 8th. ^_^
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Saw your Manila pics Queenie. Did you try doing the "sabit" on the jeepneys?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top