Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

do it by boat, queen.

paperboy (I almost typed pepperboy...) he just asked me to make him an omelet, oh, and some vanilla sauce too. I bet he's gonna ask me a different thing tomorrow. -_-

Right. Qeen, yeah let's meet up. I get off work about 6-ish. I can't stay too late though. :p
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Congrats BB!

Omelette? Really? Hmm....I can do that. Maybe I can get a job as a chef! :nuts

:p
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Nice. Oddly enough, I have a harder time dealing with eggs that I do with meats (I keep on forgetting to lower the heat once the pan is hot enough). How's their kitchen? Gas range, flat-top, or induction?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

For the record imp, eggs are quite difficult.

In culinary school, my classmates who got eggs for their exam items had a 90% chance flunking.

that's why it's one of the ways to measure skill, through eggs. and originally, a the folds on the chef's toque symbolized the number of ways he could cook eggs... hmm...

Kitchen is very small but very workable. Of course it's gas. Fire! :narutokyu it does have a griddle since it serves breakfast all-day.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Saw your Manila pics Queenie. Did you try doing the "sabit" on the jeepneys?
Luckily enough all the Jeepneys I've ridden haven't been full enough that I needed to hang on the back yet.
I'm game to try it though! :3

do it by boat, queen.

Right. Qeen, yeah let's meet up. I get off work about 6-ish. I can't stay too late though. :p
Yeah, I'm ferrying it. Fast ferry only costs 400pesos in the economy range- or I might grab one of the local ferries, if they're cheaper. I've got time to kill. :amuse

Well, I've never been to Cebu before Babs, so I'll leave it up to you. I'm currently checking out some hostels, trying to find a cheap dorm somewhere. :3
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

For the record imp, eggs are quite difficult.

In culinary school, my classmates who got eggs for their exam items had a 90% chance flunking.

that's why it's one of the ways to measure skill, through eggs. and originally, a the folds on the chef's toque symbolized the number of ways he could cook eggs... hmm...
:o

You're pulling my leg right!? Eggs difficult? D:
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Yeah, eggs are a bitch. Flipping an over easy egg to coat the yolk is a pain, properly poaching an egg is a hassle, and keeping the inside of an omelet runny while cooking the outer layer (without Maillard) is annoying. Damned eggs are so easy to fuck up and so hard to perfect.

If an egg starts to brown while cooking, you've fucked it up
If your eggs are NOT over easy, you've fucked it up
If your boiled egg's yolk is no longer purely yellow, you've fucked it up
If the albumen becomes too hard, you've fucked it up
If your poached egg is too hard or too runny, you've fucked it up

The list goes on and on...
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You can just boil it. Problem solved :P.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

If you get a greenish tint on your egg yolks after boiling, you've fucked it up.

NO ESCAPE! :O
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well good thing I'm not THAT picky about my food ^^

in other news, migraine attacks my head. brain still hurts x.x
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Saw your Manila pics Queenie. Did you try doing the "sabit" on the jeepneys?
where?

Luckily enough all the Jeepneys I've ridden haven't been full enough that I needed to hang on the back yet.
I'm game to try it though! :3



Yeah, I'm ferrying it. Fast ferry only costs 400pesos in the economy range- or I might grab one of the local ferries, if they're cheaper. I've got time to kill. :amuse

Well, I've never been to Cebu before Babs, so I'll leave it up to you. I'm currently checking out some hostels, trying to find a cheap dorm somewhere. :3
to make it more exciting, try texting while hanging. im telling you, it's FUN!
i dunno if you're picky or not, but pension houses are pretty cheap in cebu. :)

You can just boil it. Problem solved :P.
penoy. *sigh* i miss manila. i ate 13 toknenengs in one sitting on my first day there. i was still gunning for more, but then the 5 pesos chicken skin got my attention. :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't wanna do the laundry!~!!!!

I wanna own a gazillion uniforms. seriously.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

btw, anyone noticed the free 50 sms in gmail? pretty handy for prepaid subs :)
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

to make it more exciting, try texting while hanging. im telling you, it's FUN!
NO SHIT. I once took a call from my mother while nakasabit ako. And I got my 6kg laptop bag hanging with me while the jeepney was careening down Antipolo's mountain passes. Still having the chills thinking about it. Ah well I'm alive :D
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Heh, the worst I got was dangling from outside those blue FTI-Monumento Love Buses on the south superhighway.

And sleeping while standing inside those Lawton-Alabang ordinary minibuses in HS. Back then it was P5 for the student fare from my school in Ermita to Alabang. No cellphone related incidents of any kind since my first phone I got after college.

http://www.mangashare.com/forums/threads/230-Real-Life-Pictures?p=820201&viewfull=1#post820201
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I knew somebody who died dahil sa sabit na yan. He was holding a notebook in one hand and wearing a cap. Nilipad yung cap nya and he tried to grab his hat with the hand na nakasabit. dedzzzz.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

He was holding a notebook in one hand and wearing a cap. Nilipad yung cap nya and he tried to grab his hat with the hand na nakasabit.
FU*K WIN
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I knew somebody who died dahil sa sabit na yan. He was holding a notebook in one hand and wearing a cap. Nilipad yung cap nya and he tried to grab his hat with the hand na nakasabit. dedzzzz.
instincts can kill.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

where?


to make it more exciting, try texting while hanging. im telling you, it's FUN!
i dunno if you're picky or not, but pension houses are pretty cheap in cebu. :)
Well, after two days of drinking/clubbing/sleeping for maybe an hour in a van with 9 other people/beaching it I could not be bothered looking that hard and just went to the first cheap place I found. XD

I badly needed a shower. I HAD SAND IN PLACES THERE SHOULD NOT BE SAND. ;A;

I'm currently staying at a hostel called 'Sugbutel' near the docks in Downtown Cebu. 250 for a dorm bed with aircon. Better than what I usually have. XD

Is there anyone else in Cebu here, or just babs?
Either way, I'm gonna be here till about the 5th. :3
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Came from watching the "Source Code" movie. Plot device is full of holes, but Gyllenhaal's performance is a flight of stairs up from Prince of Persia.

Nice movie. Too bad the intended plot twist is weak.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top