Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@md
the 16gb flash drive is 1.2k last i checked (which is 4 mins. ago)

@bb
uh... i can't think of any way i can use a windmill...

btw i still got 1.4Tb free space. system requirements lab dot com was kind enough to remind me that. with the advent of rationed bandwidth however i'm not sure i can fill that.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

PC express has a 1TB WD external for 3,300.00.

btw, did anybody know that CDRKing sells WINDMILLS????
Yeah, they do :). When I first saw it last year it got me looking at the prices of solar panels online, too. Too bad they're still impractical at this time.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BBWindmills or just really really weak electric fans?
Windmills, dude.

A trip to CDRKing is really worth the while, it fascinates me a lot, isolating the fact that their products last for three months...

A USB-Powered tranquility fountain, anyone? how bout the "branch-specific" USB-powered cooler that can cool one tumbler?

@bb
uh... i can't think of any way i can use a windmill...
I didn't check the website. I was told by my friend, and we went to a CDRK store to ask about it (I, not believing at first), then the salesgirl actually said it can only be purchased through the website... or something.

It's perhaps for major buyers like companies, hunt. Like, not for personal use. But well, if you could afford it, why the hell not? Then you could screw Meralco from behind and make it cry.


PC express has a 1TB WD external for 3,300.00.
what brand? Whenever I canvass PCX is my first stop...

Yeah, they do :). When I first saw it last year it got me looking at the prices of solar panels online, too. Too bad they're still impractical at this time.
what is, the windmill or the solar panels? Solar E is the way to go, methinks. f*ck, gas and oil price hike is really something. I don't own a car but thank god I don't. The prices are unimaginable, really.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

PC express has a 1TB WD external for 3,300.00.
yeah, but if its something i have to plug in to power up, nah thanks. bye guys. :)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I can see the uses for a windmill for a provincial area, but it wouldn't perform well in the metro. Solar panels on the other hand....then again, it is CDRKing...

Updated my blog bitches!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

what brand? Whenever I canvass PCX is my first stop...
WD - Western Digital :D.

what is, the windmill or the solar panels? Solar E is the way to go, methinks. f*ck, gas and oil price hike is really something. I don't own a car but thank god I don't. The prices are unimaginable, really.
Solar panels. I did the calculations, and you get your investment back in like 10 years or so, so not a good deal back then. Other people I've talked to the last couple of months say that they've found an alternate supplier, and that was a year ago, so it may actually be cheaper nowadays.

yeah, but if its something i have to plug in to power up, nah thanks. bye guys. :)
Doesn't seem to be externally powered to me: http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/components/storage/wd-3-5-elements-1tb.html

At least it doesn't say so in the specs.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

the irony i can think of that windmill is that you need to plug it in a usb port. *ba-dum tish*

@l4pb
robots always replace man's place in the job market. ALWAYS.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Thats why I didn't use words like "maybe" or "perhaps, no indefinites.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

what i meant to say was robots are always a bad idea. remember what happened to earth after the machine revolution? we were all turned to batteries.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Thats why we do everything that we can to prevent the singularity! I know that the 3 laws didn't work out that well, but it MIGHT be able to help...we just need to tighten the rules.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well then how about quantum brainwaves? let's put the "personal" back in personal computer.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Lol at that. I love the tagline.

At nakatulog na naman ako sa jeep. It's the usual scene. I really don't like it because people poke me "miss, sukli mo" or I can feel my head on somebody's shoulder and it's really awkward when I wake up and loll back to sleep again...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@Hunt- I need something visual so that I can scour the net for high-res pics...cause we all know how people react to text with no pictures nowadays.

@BB- What tagline?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@bb
i'm sure the guy whose shoulder you're resting your head on while snoozing in the jeepney would feel fine, unless he's
a) with his wife/girlfriend who's beating currently his face
b) already past his intended destination
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Lol at that. I love the tagline.

At nakatulog na naman ako sa jeep. It's the usual scene. I really don't like it because people poke me "miss, sukli mo" or I can feel my head on somebody's shoulder and it's really awkward when I wake up and loll back to sleep again...
it's ok. no drool, pls.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BB- What tagline?
the "let's put the personal back in personal computers" bit.

@bb
i'm sure the guy whose shoulder you're resting your head on while snoozing in the jeepney would feel fine, unless he's
a) with his wife/girlfriend who's beating currently his face
b) already past his intended destination
so far all those I've unconsciously leaned on were females.. But it's still embarrassing.


ANYWAY. regarding blogs, I decided to keep mine private now. I got scared shitless when a professor of mine gave me the message "we need to talk!!!"

yes, with exclamation marks. And then I screened through all my blog posts and thought if there was anything incriminating I put there, and I made sure I was really careful about writing them in a way that would not have any cases against speech (without libel, defamation of character, etc) or any mishaps about the school, etc.

And I just couldn't take the risk. My hairs stood on end when the prof didn't reply back (when I asked him what he wanted to talk about) because I knew he was reading my blog thus he was preoccupied!!!! the horror!!!! And so I decided, despite my mission of making a world-famous blog, to shut it down and only release it as a paperback when I'm famous myself. shit.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i remember when a sleepy cute girl landed her head on my shoulder... the only annoying thing is how her (long) hair constantly kept covering my face.

and there's the time when a guy once did that to me i elbowed him in the rib. my sister was more brutal in her approach - ginamit niya ung balikat nya to hit the offending guy in the jaw.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well maybe he wasn't being "offensive", he just couldn't help but sleep, you know?

I mean, I try my best to really stay awake (which is what makes it all the more funny to look at, I guess) but my brain really shuts down. :oh
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

funny. no matter how sleepy i am when i know i'm not in a secure ride i'm not liable to fall asleep no matter how tired or sleepy i am.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't really give a fuck about how others feel about the stuff I write or say. We live in a free world, and I can say whatever I want, if certain people can't take it, then fuck them.

I've seen two episodes of Soul Eater at the recommendation of a friend (he also asked me to d/l it for him)... Too light hearted for me, and we all know that Japanese humor doesn't exactly translate to English well (even if subbed...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top