Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I wouldn't know about the pace if it is indeed slower. Unless I'd have to compare it with the first as I don't remember. And I don't wanna. :p

I'm disappointed in the soundtrack.. There were a lot of cool scenes that could have been amplified to an AWESOME LEVEL if it weren't for the soundtrack. It's kind of off.

They're milking this, hunt. I'm sure they're stretching it so it would run forever like Naruto and Bleach and One Piece. And they're even stretching it more because Togashi's a lazy ass compared to the other three who diligently churn out a chapter a week.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
i know right. ugh, it'll be two more years before they make it to the chimera ant arc.
 

Remnant

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Oh wow. We live in the same massive area!

Are you, by chance, into cosplay? hehe. Totally random. And erm, how bout school, kiddo? Man, I seem to like calling you kiddo.
Nah, I'm not into cosplay. However, there's really one thing I want to mimic. The costume's very simple, a long sleeve, V-neck shirt, pants, and black shoes. There's also a jacket with... I don't really know what you call it, but there's the fur around the neck and on the wrist side. It's Orihara Izaya.

Also, I don't mind being called 'kiddo.' It's an undeniable statement, anyway.

I know right? I loved the anime, and basically just wanted to know if Conan was ever going to become Shinichi again, and so I found out that the manga's not anywhere near it. I didn't touch the manga ever. I was just in it for the romance. :oh
That's the first thing I watched Detective Conan for, the romance! But I'm reading the manga (even though it's adapted in the anime) for the sake of removing the Hunter x Hunter addiction.

Oh so you're still in the Greed Island part? Hm, if that's the case, mind telling us why you decided to pick this manga up when the anime was aired a long time ago? Trust me, it's for survey purposes. It comes in handy in arguments with anti-HxH mods. :p
I've finished reading to the latest in three days. It's a great manga, and well, if I get addicted with it, as I've said, I might get addicted to it and start memorizing or remembering the cards, and be immersed in the Greed Island "universe." xD

Also, I've watched the old anime. I just can't recall it that much, that's why I started reading the manga. I also got the feeling that Hunter x Hunter, in comparison to other shounen manga, is great. And after reading it, I realized that it is. With it's very own universe and detailed explanation of everything, it's great. It's not just some action and a series of twists. It's all of them with mind games! That's why I love it, and partly a reason for why I'm reading it is because my brother said it's a great series. The anime has also been adapted with Madhouse as the animation production, so at that point, it felt like I had the need to get this series to actually have a project like this taken up by Madhouse. (I just look up at Madhouse Studios too much.)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
That's the first thing I watched Detective Conan for, the romance! But I'm reading the manga (even though it's adapted in the anime) for the sake of removing the Hunter x Hunter addiction.
tut-tut.

When you get addicted with a manga, and then you've caught up, it'll die down naturally, hehe. Take that from me kid. I read TONS.

The thing is, that's the main reason I read and follow so many manga. It's because once I've finished I latch on to the next. Not just to remove myself from the addiction of a certain manga, but that I've become addicted to reading manga itself. :arf

I have accepted my fate. :noworry I used to deny it, thus I would not *pay* for it. But omygod, recently I crossed that line and started BUYING MANGA! REAL ONES! LEGAL ONES! Well, it's not that extensive yet but, I will have that collection and I'll let my children read it and it will last for generations! :kukuku
 

Remnant

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
tut-tut.

When you get addicted with a manga, and then you've caught up, it'll die down naturally, hehe. Take that from me kid. I read TONS.

The thing is, that's the main reason I read and follow so many manga. It's because once I've finished I latch on to the next. Not just to remove myself from the addiction of a certain manga, but that I've become addicted to reading manga itself. :arf

I have accepted my fate. :noworry I used to deny it, thus I would not *pay* for it. But omygod, recently I crossed that line and started BUYING MANGA! REAL ONES! LEGAL ONES! Well, it's not that extensive yet but, I will have that collection and I'll let my children read it and it will last for generations! :kukuku
My mind's actually been telling me to study Japanese, and buy Japanese manga. @.@ In no time, I'll have empty pockets with the numbers of volume Detective Conan and Hunter x Hunter have. >.<

Well, is it good? If the manga's good, touching it and reading it and all that, I might buy one when I get older. I feel that now's not the time. xD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yes, that's smart.

You need to earn your money first. :p

The savings you get from your allowance, at your age, use it for alcohol :kukuku

It's really great, to see your prized manga in print. And the more you add, the better your shelf looks. :blai

I now have a justification of downloading manga. See, it's for "browsing purposes". And then, after I've read everything, it's when I have the right information of whether to buy it or not. Hey, it's a pretty big deal. It's expensive. :p So right now I have a priority listing regarding manga:

1. Vagabond
2. Slam Dunk
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Fruits Basket
5. Blade of the Immortal (??)
6. NANA

Of course, if I see any volume 1 of either, I'm buying. I'm the type of person who collects in order. So far I have the first three of Vagabond, and the first six of RK. I've seen a lot of Fruits Basket around but I can't start buying if I can't buy the first one.

Maybe it's the same for ebooks too. Though I'm not an ebook person, I guess it's the same reason. Because reading the REAL TANGIBLE PHYSICAL thing is the real spirit of books, right?
 

Remnant

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yes, that's smart.

You need to earn your money first. :p

The savings you get from your allowance, at your age, use it for alcohol :kukuku
Drinking sounds good to me. Unusually, I don't get drunk easily. I want to so I can easily sober myself when I get addicted to drinking, but... baaah, oh well, I always love alcohol. I always take the chance to drink when I can. xD

It's really great, to see your prized manga in print. And the more you add, the better your shelf looks. :blai

I now have a justification of downloading manga. See, it's for "browsing purposes". And then, after I've read everything, it's when I have the right information of whether to buy it or not. Hey, it's a pretty big deal. It's expensive. :p So right now I have a priority listing regarding manga:

1. Vagabond
2. Slam Dunk
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Fruits Basket
5. Blade of the Immortal (??)
6. NANA

Of course, if I see any volume 1 of either, I'm buying. I'm the type of person who collects in order. So far I have the first three of Vagabond, and the first six of RK. I've seen a lot of Fruits Basket around but I can't start buying if I can't buy the first one.

Maybe it's the same for ebooks too. Though I'm not an ebook person, I guess it's the same reason. Because reading the REAL TANGIBLE PHYSICAL thing is the real spirit of books, right?
I've always viewed the downloadable manga as just basis for buying it. I've always thought it's for promotion and all that. And true enough that the tangible books are the best type. I'm into novels, but don't read much. I've read two series in an eBook and seem to prefer it compared to the novels. However, when I finished reading the books, it feels as though I need to buy the real thing. Whether I read it or not, it feels as though the novels are really live things. Almost like your children (only you didn't create them :p).

Thanks for the thoughts, and also the manga titles. I've been planning to buy manga, and I'm still planning to buy the Japanese manga. xD Well, I'll look into these things in the future. I'm more worried at the fact that I've adapted myself to polyphasic sleep, and I'm on the first week of changing myself back to monophasic. >.>

EDIT: Also, where do you buy the manga? In the stores in your province or online?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
EDIT: Also, where do you buy the manga? In the stores in your province or online?
babs can tell you. she's from cebu. welcome nga pala to PHT, pre :)

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

on another note: tambay na ako !! :D :D :D check ko ulit dito mamya for your posts welcoming me to the world of the unemployed :)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Don't worry hunt, I'll be on the same boat in about 6 months...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
However, when I finished reading the books, it feels as though I need to buy the real thing.
It's for collection purposes, and bragging rights, I believe. :noworry

I'm more worried at the fact that I've adapted myself to polyphasic sleep, and I'm on the first week of changing myself back to monophasic. >.>
poly-what? mono-what?

Speaking of sleep, I've been in a very unhealthy phase already. I sleep 6 AM and wake up well in the afternoon >.<

EDIT: Also, where do you buy the manga? In the stores in your province or online?
Fully Booked. I got a discount card, and that was the end of my savings. :shakefist

Somehow, shopper that I am, I have never tried purchasing online. It's like, I don't even know how paypal works. :arf

on another note: tambay na ako !! :D :D :D check ko ulit dito mamya for your posts welcoming me to the world of the unemployed :)
Don't worry hunt, I'll be on the same boat in about 6 months...
Oh wow, what great examples we must be to the young'uns. I guess that's why yonie left us. He has a life now :scry
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well, you know how tough the competition is in our industry... you also know how shitty the majority of opportunities are in the industry...
 

Remnant

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
It's for collection purposes, and bragging rights, I believe. :noworry
True, true. Bragging rights~ Yeah, I really need to have those.

I've been in a very unhealthy phase already. I sleep 6 AM and wake up well in the afternoon >.<
I don't know about you, but I think sleeps like that are normal as long as that you take 8-9 hours of sleep a day. That is, if you sleep once every 24 hours.

Fully Booked. I got a discount card, and that was the end of my savings. :shakefist

Somehow, shopper that I am, I have never tried purchasing online. It's like, I don't even know how paypal works. :arf
Oh, I see. I'm going to try online shopping. I'm more interested in learning Japanese and collecting the manga in Japanese. It's great bragging rights, and no one will be able to borrow my manga and tear it to pieces when returned.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
lol bragging rights. I once saw a manga for Gundam Wing (it was way back in the late 90's early 2k's), bought it, hated it. So different from what I was expecting.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No fun in mecha if you don't see the shit happening...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
yes. that exactly. the lines were horrible too.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Bacuse the shitty lines aren't in Japanese (language barrier), and the text wasn't poorly translated. LOOOOL!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I meant the drawing lines. Perspective is everything in a 2-dimensional environment, yet... ugh it kills me to remember how horrible it is x_x
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
lol bragging rights. I once saw a manga for Gundam Wing (it was way back in the late 90's early 2k's), bought it, hated it. So different from what I was expecting.
tch. Don't buy if you haven't read it yet, that's my principle now. :noworry

No fun in mecha if you don't see the shit happening...
Besides, if it's originally an anime, then buy the anime, not the manga. Like evangelion, for example. Or Code Geass. or Gundam 00. Don't waste your time on their manga. Chances are, the original artists and writers didn't even work on them.

---------- Post added November 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was November 05, 2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

ahem.

Just saying that it's my flight to Qatar today.

:wave I'm gonna miss the internet for a really long while until we can figure out how to get internet in the apartments there. Well, sugod lang, nes. Fighting!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top