- Joined
- Mar 9, 2006
- Messages
- 3,217
- Reaction score
- 225
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
love how bb described Vagabond. 




Thank youI'll give you the lowdown then.
Real- Very moving, great characters, wonderful story since it's by (hello) Takehiko Inoue of great renown. Downside is: i think it's on hiatus, since it's by (hello) Takehiko Inoue. But I like it (aside from the reasons above) for its original story that sheds light and perspective on the life of the physically disabled. The human struggle to achieve despite limitations.
Vagabond- great manga, very deep, orgasmic mindblowing art because it's by again, Takehiko Inoue. Plus, it's close to completion. If you're into the zen shit of the art of the sword, this is the manga for you. At the same time you'll experience wanting to watch videos and do research on katanas, Miyamoto musashi, and martial arts in general
20th Century Boys- Completed- so you can read this at your own pace- and when you do, i think you won't be able to drop it. hahaha. Involves a lot of characters since it's a story of epic proportions- that spans through many generations and decades of events. But it's really epic, inspiring, gripping, intriguing. Unique art by Naoki Urasawa.
Sket Dance- dropped it after one volume hahahaha. so i can't say much about it.
Monster- Also by Naoki Urasawa, I watched the anime before touching the manga- totally loved it. Signature Mindfuck by the mangaka, i would think. Creepy, Dark, crazy. But since I watched the anime, and the anime did a pretty good job of adapting the story i think (pure canon), i didn't think i needed to read the manga (which i did, like, one volume).
One Piece- EPIC. I also had inhibitions reading this manga, first, because of the massive amounts of chapters I had to catch up to (that time, about 400 chapters), and because I had a prejudice about Eiichiro Oda's art. Which, really, is hard to appreciate by the early volumes. But right from the beginning I loved his sense of humor, his genius in story-telling, and even the paneling was amazing. When his art grows on you though, the spreads become so gorgeous and kickass. Speaking of kickass, he has captured the purest shonen hero that is Luffy (that I can only compare to Goku)- the manga is so full of awesome. great ensemble of characters too.
Bakuman- light, short, complete, and unique. oh, and totally unpredictable- lots of surprises that make this a very fun read. Read this if you want to get something done off the list immediately, hehe.





what assholerish thing did you do???![]()

Yeah. Haha.yes! It's a super enjoyable read. I like Takehiko Inoue's sense of humor, and it rarely shows in Vagabond (since it's a super serious manga). But you can see with Slam Dunk how he loves humor, and making fun of his characters (in Vagabond, he pokes fun at Musashi and the old fogeys). Despite the light-heartedness of REAL, when it comes to the characters' situations and overcoming their battles, wow he wrings your heart out like you can really live their lives you know?
i have this great respect and admiration towards arabs, Imp.Working with arabs means you gotta work on your wasta man.
then i'm constipated in this particular situation.shit happens, MD. is all I can really say.
there's really not much we can tell you to do but to move on.no. she's now somebody that i used to know. /stillindenial