Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Flu is a virus. Influenza virus.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
:sweatdrop

okay well. good to know.

no, I mean that's bad. most likely that's a super-evolved virus! Visayas-wide blackout? pandemic in mexico? It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!!! :bees
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
have you read the stand bb? epic novel by king, flu wipes out the whole world, the devil comes and tries to rule the land, almost LOTR-ish
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
One pet peeve I've just acquired from browsing Filipino forums: Incorrect Filipino grammar coupled with Taglish makes for one awful read.

EDIT: And it's ironic that I make a grammar mistake in this post :D.


I wouldn't call it super-evolved... Just rare. Positive thinking :D.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you tried MH with a filipino browser? wut? I thought we didn't agree to have MH in filipino? I'm confused. :confused

btw, I'm starting on Until Death Do Us Part, yonie. while i try finishing suzuka and OP :shakefist

nope, I haven't read that book yet. i'd been eyeing Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky for quite some time now, but I haven't found a cheap copy yet.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I edited my post.

Kinarma ako, hehehe.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you know, I told myself maliligo na ako, but then i have a habit of refreshing my subscribed threads and at this hour a lot of posters get so active... :darn

okay. maliligo na ako, final.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
dammit that's right, i wanted to read that series for a while now, the characters are probably the best designs i've seen in a manga. bli-- wait, did you just say you're finishing OP? what the, why aren't you catched up with OP yet?? BLASPHEMY :nerve

hey mj, since you've got an eye for quality, give me criticism on my scan, i did reborn 239. i don't get comments that much anymore so i don't know, i need feedback :sweat
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I know you can criticize yourself better than I ever can :D. But I'll take a look at it tomorrow, sure. Imma just finish translating this one page, then I have to go to sleep.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what are you translating mj? and are you a member of any group or anything? lemme know so I can update your status. ^^

yonie, your Edited Manga of gantz was pretty good, IMO. you're doing reborn now?

speaking of reborn, I stopped reading it for a while. That, naruto, and ES. I put them on hold while I move to new manga for now. and catching up with all my shoujo :darn
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i tend to get big-headed and overlook stuff, so i look for feedback everywhere :( i checked the gantz just now, it's really dusty. sometimes i get excited to be the 1st to release :D
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
what are you translating mj? and are you a member of any group or anything? lemme know so I can update your status. ^^
Nope no group. I'm translating some Gintama chapters, but I'm going through the translator in training phase here so I can get some feedback and corrections before embarassing myself by posting error-laden translations :D.
 

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
ooo! Wow, never thought I'd find lots of Pinoys here :D I'm a newbee here, pleased to meet all of you! ^^ I'm an amateur manga artist and I am also a Edited Manga typesetter, cleaner and editor. If there is anything I can be of help just leave me a message :)
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey you're translating mj? wanted to start translating as well but can't find a good one to practice on. maybe we could like share some thoughts or so.

Hi b-werx! welcome to the hellhole that is the goddess's lair. enjoy your stay! :confetti

hey! we have some cleaners, a typesetter, and some wannabe translators, we can start a Edited Manga group with this. :rofl
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey you're translating mj? wanted to start translating as well but can't find a good one to practice on. maybe we could like share some thoughts or so.
That'd be great! I'm working on the missing Gintama chapters, so if you want you can lend me a hand. I'm starting with chapter 69 (I'm almost halfway through).

Come to think of it, I should quit playing Xenogears for awhile if i really want to finish it :D.
 
Last edited:

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I'll give it a try. how many more chapters till it's finished or is it still running? where can I find some raws or something? maybe I should start reading it to get a sense of the series.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hallo b-werks! uh, i'm gonna have to revise the initiation... ehem...
bb > dominatrix
hunter > voyeur specialist
paperboy > voyeur specimen
TM > squid king
bakashi > resident tatay
MD > resident tatay 2
mj > michael jackson

u're Editing? awesome, what group, what series you doing
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ooo! Wow, never thought I'd find lots of Pinoys here :D I'm a newbee here, pleased to meet all of you! ^^ I'm an amateur manga artist and I am also a Edited Manga typesetter, cleaner and editor. If there is anything I can be of help just leave me a message :)
welcome! nice to hear from you, b-werx.

I forget which group you were from. :shakefist


anyway, default questions to newbies:
1. favorite manga of all time
2. favorite current manga
3. favorite anime of all time
4. favorite current anime
5. who is your sex trip among the celebs?

hey you're translating mj? wanted to start translating as well but can't find a good one to practice on. maybe we could like share some thoughts or so.
you could check out the translators HQ, jin-san.

Hi b-werx! welcome to the hellhole that is the goddess's lair. enjoy your stay! :confetti
how did it become my hellhole? :o

you guys made it like this. all i ever did was cultivate a wonderful environment where we could all grow in love and happiness




anyway, while I was browsing for a pic, lookie what I found...

 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC-- BURN!!!!!! BURRRRNNN ITT!!!!!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
LOL at furry fangirls. hahahahaahahaha.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top