Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Pass. I'll stick to metal, it's never failed to please me.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
wow...u hate rap? Intresting...O.o;;;;


...Any reasons?
Okay here's my take. Rap's main selling point is it's lyrics. And when most rap lyrics (emphasis on most, there are still quite a few excellent lyricists out there), are just plain retarded, I'd just rather decrease the probability of me losing brain cells by not listening to rap at all.

On electronic music. I listen to music in order to either get a feel of what either the singer (lyrics) or the composer (music) is trying to say. And when I listen to electronic music, I mostly get the feeling that they're trying to either make me horny or make me sleepy. Both of which I can do easily enough without spending my music time listening to electronic music.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ah well... music is subjective anyway so i'm not gonna force you guys...

but hey, why not listen to one good rap album and one good electronic album and see if you changed opinions?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
There are certain rap musicians and electronic musicians I like. Fort Minor is one for rap. I also liked BEP's pre-popstar Fergie. I liked Daft Punk's earlier works to a certain degree, too.

Unfortunately, one or two good artists doesn't make the genre. And while the majority of rap and techno stays the way they are right now, I'm going to avoid them.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
you can say that for all genres... actually all mainstream nowadays do is give a bad name to the genre. pop used to be michael jackson or madonna, now it's ashley simpson and jonas brothers... alternative used to be third eye blind, now it's hinder... metal used to be iron maiden, now it's disturbed.... and they're selling millions of copies :(
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
wow, there's a lot of Pinoys here in mangahelpers! well, obviously I'm new here at the forums but I've been kind of reading/making use of mangahelpers for awhile now.
welcome! so what you're trying to say is... you'd been leeching all this time?

hehe. anyway. you better stay wary of these natives here, TM (?). And be even more careful of the gaijins. :fan

5. -Insert stupid question here- :rofl
it wasn't stupid. I happened to be very interested in what he'd answer. :noworry

:offtopic I don't get Haruhi Suzumiya (anime)... Does it have some sort of special charm besides the cute girl with a nice rack?
-_-; then read the light novel. at least vol. 1.

People who "listen to anything" don't bother me, I know they're just dumbasses anyway. I'd like to see people who "listen to anything" give a commentary on the difference between Sabbath with Ozzy and Sabbath with Dio.
To be fair, not everyone who "listens to anything" is a dumbass :D. I, for one, try to listen to everything, so I can give a fair judgment.

There are certain genres I won't listen, too, though if I really want to enjoy my music.
Finally, another person that hates rap and trance/techno/house!
I quite agree with mj, tissueboy. thing is, I also listen to a wide range of music from classical to rock to pop. I do like some rap as well, and rnb. No techno and trance. No metal as well, sorry. I love rock, just not... metal. As soon as I hear growls I switch to the next song. Frankly i don't know why i still have them in my playlist. -_-;

I mean, see, I don't get why the growls are necessary when it's beyond one occurence in a song, IMO. >.>
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I thought bad of metal at first, for the same reason, but a lot of metal doesn't have the incessant growling/slurred speech. It's not my favorite, though. I'd rather go with softer rock.

What I find funny are some songs that don't fit the music. Linkin Park has some songs about being strong, but still Chester sings as if he's being angry about it anyway :D. I also remember MCR having some songs that are supposed to be about overcoming obstacles but the singer sounds like he's crying (as usual).

That's why I still listen to some classical music once in a while: the classics almost always got it right.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Metal encompasses all forms of hard rock... Metal just sounds cooler, so us metal heads use "metal" in stead of "hard rock". It can range from bands like Blue Cheer (One of the founders of metal) to bands like Children of Bodom.

Here's an overview of how wide metal is: http://img.online-station.net/_news/2009/0220/23733_metal_genealogy.jpg It's not the best representation, but it's good.

I don't have Steve Harris as my avatar for no reason...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i love metal, growing up i listened to the radio playing deep purple on sundays. after that came the mainstream metal, metallica, SoaD, etc. then i heard death metal, which at first just offended me, but after hanging out with metal buddies, learned to appreciate the genre. i found black metal hauntingly epic. then i tried to research more, it's surprising how there can be a diverse list of subgenres to metal, speed, power, doom... you know paperboy my favorite metal is stoner, sludge and doom. Kyuss is just.... godly :headbang
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My roots are from glam, but I've progressed to NWOBHM and death metal (everything else in between). Death metal being the latest installment to my metal library.

@BB- I just downloaded the anime from a different source, I think the one I downloaded earlier was just messed up...
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I thought bad of metal at first, for the same reason, but a lot of metal doesn't have the incessant growling/slurred speech. It's not my favorite, though. I'd rather go with softer rock.

That's why I still listen to some classical music once in a while: the classics almost always got it right.
Have you tried some classical rock?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@BB- I just downloaded the anime from a different source, I think the one I downloaded earlier was just messed up...
ahahaha. let me guess, the order's fucked up? you watch something, then the next ep there's a new character, something's going on, and you feel it's not the next ep that it should be?

well.. that's Suzumiya Haruhi's doing, sir. teehee. check the credits, she's the director of the anime. :p and it would help if you read that up on wiki.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey speaking of haruhi, the 2nd season aired a few weeks ago... and it was a re-broadcast :nerve BUT they said that it's gonna be 26 episodes long... so speculation is the 2nd season (novel 4) will air in episode 14... i hope. in the meantime, we have haruhi-chan and churuya-san :D haha good god how can something be so adorable
 

talkingmoremust

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
1. favorite manga of all time --> Hana Yori Dango (cheesy much?)
2. favorite current manga --> Until Death Do Us Part and Yotsubato.
3. favorite anime of all time --> Cardcaptor Sakura
4. favorite current anime --> Genshiken and Bleach
5. -Insert stupid question here- (I checked the previous page and found the -stupid question- anyway) local or international celeb?

welcome! so what you're trying to say is... you'd been leeching all this time?

hehe. anyway. you better stay wary of these natives here, TM (?). And be even more careful of the gaijins. :fan



it wasn't stupid. I happened to be very interested in what he'd answer. :noworry
maybe yes, maybe no. I thank the translators who help out the Edited Manga groups I follow put out the releases.

he? I'm a girl. :amuse
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@BB- The order was fucked up, as in they were mis-labeled. I didn't want to sift through the start of each episode and re-label them. Anyway, I just got a better copy, and I'm watching it right now.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
1. favorite manga of all time --> Hana Yori Dango (cheesy much?)
2. favorite current manga --> Until Death Do Us Part and Yotsubato.
3. favorite anime of all time --> Cardcaptor Sakura
4. favorite current anime --> Genshiken and Bleach
5. -Insert stupid question here- (I checked the previous page and found the -stupid question- anyway) local or international celeb?
genshiken? what, is there a new season or something?

and it doesn't matter if it's international or not. either way. :oh

@BB- The order was fucked up, as in they were mis-labeled. I didn't want to sift through the start of each episode and re-label them. Anyway, I just got a better copy, and I'm watching it right now.
hmm, as far as I can tell the first one you downloaded was really not in the wrong order. It was the broadcast release. like i said, it's all on wiki. Besides, I think the last eps for each release were different because of that. and that kinda affects the epicness, IMO. just the last ep part.

I could be thorough but hey, I'm hungry. :grabs some lunch and will brb tomorrow:
tomorrow?? why that long?

tch. I'm waiting for my waitering duty to start. fuck it, it's raining.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top