Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:confetti He goes out of his way to irritate me, I feel so special. :confetti

Anyhoo, I already knew that from the start. These writers nowadays really make things obvious off the bat, it almost saddens me. What I'm after is seeing how it progresses to the end, if each and every one die off, I want to see how they die (because of the robot, yeah... but still).


I'm literally half way through the series and it's getting good, the fact that a guy got his arm lopped off, and not a single drop of blood was present still bothers me but the story is actually pretty good once you get past the fact that mature themed mecha with not much action, 0 blood, and children. Though it deals with some sensetive themes.
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
:nerve dammit you too, cmon man put it in spoilers

ah fuck, i'll just read the manga later. need a new read anyway
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's not really a spoiler, people get body parts removed all the time in seinin manga/anime... I'm just really disappointed that there was no blood.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just finished Bokurano. It's a pretty good anime if you like downer anime... I liked it, not as much as Gurren Laggan, Code Geass, or Escaflowne (to name a few, Eva's in limbo so far as Mecha is concerned), but hmhm.... Let's see. It's like watching an amalgamation of "Now and then, here and there", Evangelion, and Gantz (Never finished reading the second volume though. It's in there for the videogame feel and the fact that the players were not willing participants). It's definately worth watching if you want a "sci-fi-noir-art movie hybrid"

It's definately a must-watch for out pinoy hang out residents.


I've just switched to Firefox from Opera... It feels weird...
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I stopped using Opera 5 years ago :D. Switched to Firefox a year and a half ago, and haven't looked back since.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i fucking love chrome. i still love opera, faster, smoother, much more customizable than firefox, but has some problems with ajax. i only use firefox to download some vids and to use some extensions, but 90% of the time i use chrome, too damn fast. hey, did i tell you i fucking love chrome?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I've been using Opera for about 8 years now... I just had to stop since it's been getting really buggy recently. It's as if the devs are slacking off.

I'd use chrome if it were easier for me to adapt...


What anime have you guys been watching as of late? I'm almost done with FLCL and I don't know what to watch next. I'm a sucker for violence in general...
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
nah not watching as of the moment... too many stuff in my anime folder not touched yet. found i bunch of stephen king books so i'm reading all day :sweat when the eyes get tired i download and listen to 1 album... and then read manga... back to books... repeat10x
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just sift through the Stephen King books... He's got tons of great ones, but he also has a few novels where he just totally ripped off his older work...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Just sift through the Stephen King books... He's got tons of great ones, but he also has a few novels where he just totally ripped off his older work...
danse macabre, desperation, dreamcatcher... last one i finished, The Stand (uncut), most epic thing i've read in a long time. i'm reading right now From A Buick 8, not really great, but will do for a light-hearted read. to be honest this is the first time i got into his books, planning to borrow the dark tower books from bro soon

also anne rice, i just read interview a couple of days ago and i'm surprised to know how deep her narrative is. want to buy the vampire chronicles too
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Dreamcatcher's some what sub par for me... Both the book and the movie, it was just boring as hell...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yeah it was good, but not as good as i expected it to be... works for a great visual trip though. he makes too many books that it's always being compared to his other works... it's like he sees something one day and says, "alright i'm gonna make a book about that." but still i like king's works, it's tolerable than most shit i read today
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What's the MH IRC server again?


Downloading "Mushishi" atm... Hope it's good.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
On a totally unrelated topic...

There is this Documentary on History Channel earlier about the French Revolution just aired tonight (Yes, I'm a History Channel fan). One line by one of the commentators really made me laugh... Something about Marie Antoinette. It went something like this.

"Marie Antoinette was called Madame Deficit during her time... This was because despite her country's economic chaos, she lived in excess in Versaille. She conducted lavish parties, engaged in court gossip, bought the most luxurious clothes, [etc. etc.]... Basically, she was the Imelda Marcos of her day."

That last part made me laugh so hard deep inside :D. There's a problem when instead of Imelda being called "The Marie Antoinette of the Philippines", it goes the other way around :D.

To cap it all off, there's an even bigger problem when Marie Antoinette's dead and Imelda's not :).
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I love the histrory channel... And Bio channel, they help keep me busy when I'm trying to let go of my boredom... Or when I'm stoned...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yosh. I just finished Toradora!. :wtf

bitin amp.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wow, took you long enough to get back... how was the operation? :rofl
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
-_-; If you mean the Brazilian, I chickened out on the last minute. I thought, WTF was I doing this for again? I ended up shopping instead.

Anyway, I decided not to come here until June 3- after my exams.. I have a lot of stuff to read up on. There's only so much common sense can do for you. I just thought I'd tell you guys about Toradora.

There's actually not much to say about it- except that it robbed me a whole day of studying :sweatdrop
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Since you've already betrayed your decision, why don't you stay her anyway? :D

I still don't have an idea of what kind of "Brazilian" you're referring to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top