Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It's a Union TV. It's pretty good considering that it's lived for over 6 years, but it died recently. I turned it on and it went BOOM... Something inside popped.
Shame, it would have been weirdly impressive. Since that cupboard its on looks exactly like the one my neighbours have, and they also have a grey tv thats is almost the replica of that one. But its orion. :(
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
MASTODON!!! METALLLLL!!! Try listening to "In Flames", particularly the albums "Clayman" and "rerout to remain", those should help you get started on the Melodic Death Metal. Hahaha!

@Imp- Hahaha, well it would be weird, seeing as I live all the way here in the Philippines, and it's been almost 3 years since I left the UK.
 
Last edited:

AmeftoWriter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
hey, guys.

Has any of you watch Ultimate Muscle or read the manga?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ah! a newcomer! quick hide the... everything! ultimate muscle? never read that, is it good?

MASTODON!!! METALLLLL!!! Try listening to "In Flames", particularly the albums "Clayman" and "rerout to remain", those should help you get started on the Melodic Death Metal. Hahaha!
oi what's wrong with mastodon??? they're fuck awesome!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's that wrestling anime they show in CN right? Nah, I've seen bits of it flipping around channels, but it just didn't appeal to me.

@yonie- You're not getting it, when I say "METAL!" it means that I approve of it.
 

AmeftoWriter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
It's that wrestling anime they show in CN right? Nah, I've seen bits of it flipping around channels, but it just didn't appeal to me.

@yonie- You're not getting it, when I say "METAL!" it means that I approve of it.
Yeah, I read the manga of it. And also it's original series. Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman Nisei) is just the sequel
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@yonie- You're not getting it, when I say "METAL!" it means that I approve of it.
lol i thought you're being sarcastic. can you shout to rammstein?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I can agree with Rammstein's political views, and I like the fact that their lyrics talk about real problems in society, but their material isn't something I'd play.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I can agree with Rammstein's political views, and I like the fact that their lyrics talk about real problems in society, but their material isn't something I'd play.
they talk?? didn't know that hahaha but yeah... i grew out of rammstein... if i ever did liked them before.. maybe i did at one point. ah man, i know better than to look down on bands
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
There are English translations to their lyrics somewhere. They talk about society and it's problems. For example, the song "Amerika" talks about how so many history rich cultures eagerly accept and assimilate American culture into their own, wiping away bits of their culture to make way for American culture (Like how there's a burger joint in every country, and how so many people think that English is far more superior to their own countries language. That really hits the spot since the Philippines is one of the countries that has, in a way turned it's back on Filipino in favor of English)
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
There are English translations to their lyrics somewhere. They talk about society and it's problems. For example, the song "Amerika" talks about how so many history rich cultures eagerly accept and assimilate American culture into their own, wiping away bits of their culture to make way for American culture (Like how there's a burger joint in every country, and how so many people think that English is far more superior to their own countries language. That really hits the spot since the Philippines is one of the countries that has, in a way turned it's back on Filipino in favor of English)
Ayan nakumbisi mo ako. Magmula ngayon ay wala na akong ibang isusulat sa matatawag sa Ingles na "thread" na ito, kundi ang mga adhikain ko sa wikang Pilipino.

Sana'y di kayo maniwala dahil mahirap magpindot sa "makinilya" ng salitang Pilipino :D.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Ano ba ang tunay na Pilipino? kahit ang salitang Pilipino ay hindi talaga wikang Tagalog; kundi ito ay wika ng mga Kastila. (Ngunit ang salitang Kastila ay isa ring banyagang salita, at ganun din ang salitang banyaga...)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MJ- That's not what I meant :rofl I meant that our society generally looks down on people who can't speak English. Even our government claims that English is "one of out national languages", and that's just complete bullshit. Being able to speak English shouldn't be a measure for ability or success; just look at Japan, India, and China. I'm not getting further into this, after all I'm not being paid by Rammstein to defend their lyrics.

Just in case I come under attack for speaking in English: It was my first language, I wasn't allowed to learn Filipino till the 5th grade. So it's a whole lot easier for me to think and speak in English than Filipino. Shit, I wasn't even allowed to learn Chinese before my mom realized that I couldn't understand my grandmother.
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
india is pretty good at english, though we have a better accent than them :D

what about us who don't stay in manila, we have to learn our own dialect, the neighboring dialect (e.g., bacolod = hiligaynon, outside = bisaya), tagalog, and english :s i articulate best in my own dialect... second is english
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well, the generalization was just there to make it easier for me.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@Yonie- I've just finished all 51 episodes + movie of FMA, and it's got TONS more blood and generak violence than Bokurano. I guess Bokurano was only considered a seinen since it touches on sensetive issues.

On that note, any reccomendations from anyone? You guys already know what I'm looking for so it'll be easy for you.
FMA is the up there with one piece and negima with the current best present-day shonen :thumbs
well the FMA manga is totally different from the first season. wrong move, paperboy, the anime you should have started with was the new production of the same anime. That one promises to stick to the manga's plot all the way- which is reportedly far more superior to the anime's plot.

i can testify a bit myself, but I paused reading about chapter 87 or something. which reminds me to pick it up now, since i know a few people who are raving about the awesomeness it's rubbing off on me.

Think I'll watch Monster next..
hmm.. frankly i got bored with monster. it's good, really, just too long, I guess. maybe 50 eps would have been the right number.

anyway, maybe I'm just biased because I like 20CB best. :p


hey, guys.

Has any of you watch Ultimate Muscle or read the manga?
nope, haven't heard of that, Amefto.

though I saw your post with the interest to translate ES21 to Filipino? interesting.

what about us who don't stay in manila, we have to learn our own dialect, the neighboring dialect (e.g., bacolod = hiligaynon, outside = bisaya), tagalog, and english :s i articulate best in my own dialect... second is english
indeed. it's not our loss though, I believe. It's theirs (the Tagalogs) for not knowing anything else :p


PS: etineski,

what countries have you been to?


another post!

hoy guys out for lovey-dovey slice of life anime, watch kimikiss. you can find the whole season on youtube if you search pure rouge.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, Filipino is the Filipino that was instituted as a national language. It is quite similar to Tagalog, but there are lot of words that are not Tagalog. Although I think to a certain extent it is unfair, we do really need a national language.

Japan and China get by because they both have a national language (Nihongo and Mandarin respectively) and India, although it has thousands of local dialects (when I was there the guide told me go 10 km, and you'll hear a different dialect. Considering it's the third biggest country by land area, that means a LOT of dialects.), has only 2 national languages: Hindi and English.

BTW, Tagalog was my third "Language". Actually I'm not sure which of them and English come in second. My first was Hiligaynon. Japanese is, of course, fourth. But I'm only really fluent at English and Tagalog.

Both my parents were migrants from Iloilo who came to Manila knowing only school Tagalog. So I also only learned Tagalog at school around the first or second grade.

On a side note, It's kinda fun sometimes talking Tagalog all these years and realizing that, after having quite a few friends native from Batangas, Laguna and Bulacan, your Tagalog vocabulary is crap.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MJ- Filipino's already been established as the national language. Yes, I know it's quite unfair that majority of the Filipino language is based on Tagalog, but at least it's not PURE Tagalog. :rofl

@BB- Is that what FMA: Brotherhood is supposed to be? If it is then I might as well try it out once it finishes. I hate having to wait for another episode.
 

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well the FMA manga is totally different from the first season. wrong move, paperboy, the anime you should have started with was the new production of the same anime. That one promises to stick to the manga's plot all the way- which is reportedly far more superior to the anime's plot.

i can testify a bit myself, but I paused reading about chapter 87 or something. which reminds me to pick it up now, since i know a few people who are raving about the awesomeness it's rubbing off on me.



hmm.. frankly i got bored with monster. it's good, really, just too long, I guess. maybe 50 eps would have been the right number.

anyway, maybe I'm just biased because I like 20CB best. :p




nope, haven't heard of that, Amefto.

though I saw your post with the interest to translate ES21 to Filipino? interesting.



indeed. it's not our loss though, I believe. It's theirs (the Tagalogs) for not knowing anything else :p
<hr noshade size="1">
PS: etineski,

what countries have you been to?
<hr noshade size="1">
another post!

hoy guys out for lovey-dovey slice of life anime, watch kimikiss. you can find the whole season on youtube if you search pure rouge.
heheh uy me P.S aku.. hehe aku medyo madame na rin.. lahat ng asia napuntahan ko na ayyy,, Brunei, Japan at Korea di pa. pala hinde pa.
Nagstay ako sa Australia medyo matagal, sarap dun dameng spiders:s hehe seriously I lived with my ex-boyfriend kase. But we broke up last year, I have to come back here for a bit at makapagmove on.

Tas middle east, Turkey, Dubai, Saudi, Qatar, Israel, India, Prague at Egypt. Ayuz sa Egypt, para mo ng nakita ang ancient history pagnasight mo pyramids:eyeroll. My dad kase works abroad, so sometimes sinasama niya ko. This year, sa Europe naman, sa Norway, my tropa kase ako dun libre lang lahat. Honestly, ayoko sa malamig na country, I enjoy our weather. Di ko macarry ang winter, di ka makakakilos. Never pa ako pumunta sa US, kase I dont like my relatives there, super damot. Ayun! hehe sama ka minsan..:darn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top