Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@BB- Is that what FMA: Brotherhood is supposed to be? If it is then I might as well try it out once it finishes. I hate having to wait for another episode.
Yeah that's it. THe first few episodes deviate from the manga a little bit, though.

The manga and the first series are quite in line up to the introduction of a certain homunculus. After that it's entirely different. So, Brotherhood's first few eps mixed up the time line a bit so as not to repeat content.

It's slated to run for a year (4 seasons) IIRC. It looks good so far.

And yeah the manga plot is superior to the anime. Best shounen out right now IMHO. The manga's coming to an end soon.

Too bad it's monthly.
 

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Carry na guys, talagang di tayo pure with Tagalog, aminin.. sorry kasama sa research ko, konte lang narinig ko astig sa tagalog na straight. si Chiz Escudero, example na siya. Everytime I hear him speak sa mga news, eh mega tagalog ang lolo.

Tagalog and English talaga tayo sanay, kase nga sa culture. Minsan ang hirap makipagcommunicate pag straight Tagalog eh. Talagang meron Mixed...

cheers!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
heheh uy me P.S aku.. hehe aku medyo madame na rin.. lahat ng asia napuntahan ko na ayyy,, Brunei, Japan at Korea di pa. pala hinde pa.
Nagstay ako sa Australia medyo matagal, sarap dun dameng spiders:s hehe seriously I lived with my ex-boyfriend kase. But we broke up last year, I have to come back here for a bit at makapagmove on.

Tas middle east, Turkey, Dubai, Saudi, Qatar, Israel, India, Prague at Egypt. Ayuz sa Egypt, para mo ng nakita ang ancient history pagnasight mo pyramids:eyeroll. My dad kase works abroad, so sometimes sinasama niya ko. This year, sa Europe naman, sa Norway, my tropa kase ako dun libre lang lahat. Honestly, ayoko sa malamig na country, I enjoy our weather. Di ko macarry ang winter, di ka makakakilos. Never pa ako pumunta sa US, kase I dont like my relatives there, super damot. Ayun! hehe sama ka minsan..:darn
Now, that is one awesome lifestyle :D. I want to be a jetsetter, too, but money and my love for my country (yeah, it's a piddly excuse :D ) keep me here.


Carry na guys, talagang di tayo pure with Tagalog, aminin.. sorry kasama sa research ko, konte lang narinig ko astig sa tagalog na straight. si Chiz Escudero, example na siya. Everytime I hear him speak sa mga news, eh mega tagalog ang lolo.

Tagalog and English talaga tayo sanay, kase nga sa culture. Minsan ang hirap makipagcommunicate pag straight Tagalog eh. Talagang meron Mixed...

cheers!
Actually Chiz is not pure Tagalog, too. He's not educated in the Philippines, AFAIK. It's obvious from the way he talks that he's talking in school Tagalog. It's just that he chooses what to say in order not to speak in Taglish. Same thing for Mar Roxas, but not as impressive. I admire those men.

Taglish is fine... Minsan lang it sounds really ridiculous if the person using it doesn't know how to mix the words. The latest incarnation of Filipino actually dumps naturalized words such as "keyk" for the English spelling "cake".



@yonie, The A(H1N1) cases are popping up in Bacolod now, eh? It's a good time to do that move :D.
 
Last edited:

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Now, that is one awesome lifestyle :D. I want to be a jetsetter, too, but money and my love for my country (yeah, it's a piddly excuse :D ) keep me here.
Sempre YOU HAVE TO SAVE to do that! Super hirap nga lang magsave dito. Pasok ka politics, parang holywood dun, super yaman ka after. hehe:p

Am lucky since my dad brings me along, halos lumuhod na ako't lahat dun para isama ako. ehheh. As usual, madame pa akong gustong puntahan, kase my dream is travel the world, pero kelangan madame kang pera pagganun. Last time, I had a job I saved enough to go abroad for holidays, without the help of my dad. Medyo proud ako kase sarili kong savings... iba lang ang feeling pag naubos mo na sempre.:tem hehe
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Ayuz sa Egypt, para mo ng nakita ang ancient history pagnasight mo pyramids:eyeroll
Depends on your perspective. I for one am grounded in Luzon. Tuwing tumitingin ako sa mga politicians natin I am amazed how ancient they are.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Am lucky since my dad brings me along, halos lumuhod na ako't lahat dun para isama ako. ehheh. As usual, madame pa akong gustong puntahan, kase my dream is travel the world, pero kelangan madame kang pera pagganun. Last time, I had a job I saved enough to go abroad for holidays, without the help of my dad. Medyo proud ako kase sarili kong savings... iba lang ang feeling pag naubos mo na sempre.:tem hehe
Heh, for that reason, I secretly want my dad to become a consul when he retires (in a few months).

But I'm having fun giving a hand in the family business. M life is a toss-up between doing business and being a theoretical mathematician. Being in the Philippines, though, the choice is rather obvious.


Depends on your perspective. I for one am grounded in Luzon. Tuwing tumitingin ako sa mga politicians natin I am amazed how ancient they are.
Hindi mo nga kelangan tumingin, e. Hearing about some of the crazy policies they think up, akala mo nasa Feudal Philippines ka pa rin.
 
Last edited:

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Depends on your perspective. I for one am grounded in Luzon. Tuwing tumitingin ako sa mga politicians natin I am amazed how ancient they are.
ehhehe yup.. super ancient na nga sila eh.. I hate politics here.. I dont really watch news na nga, sa net na lang ako nagupupdate.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
waaah... travel around the world, someday... :wtf

and uh... jobs.... i'm pressured to find a job... school is out, no more playoffs to watch, no reason left to be a bum :scry that's it, tomorrow! i'll find a damn job tomorrow. the easier, the better.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MJ- That actually works to my advantage... Waiting for Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, Fables, and Deadman Wonderland is irritating enough! Hahaha!

re:traveling- Traveling's pretty cool, but the thought of being stuck in coach (it's all I can afford) for more than 4 hours just frightens me... The scent of recycled air, the tiny seats, it just makes me cringe...

@Yonie- Work IT then and be prepared to do the following on a daily basis:

1. Turn computers off and on again for people
2. Plug computers/ monitors/ printers in for people
3. Replace keyboards, mice, and headsets for people
4. Replace ink cartridges
5. Take lots of cig breaks

The most thrilling things you'll be doing are cleaning computers, backing up computers, reformatting computers, and standardizing computers... Well at least that's what my IT friends tell me.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@MJ- That actually works to my advantage... Waiting for Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, Fables, and Deadman Wonderland is irritating enough! Hahaha!

re:traveling- Traveling's pretty cool, but the thought of being stuck in coach (it's all I can afford) for more than 4 hours just frightens me... The scent of recycled air, the tiny seats, it just makes me cringe...
Well, FMA is at 96 chapters now and is about to end :D. It's a good time to catch up.

Travelling by coach?

Certainly beats travelling by ship. Or by train.

Worst experiences ever. Kinda nostalgic, though.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Dude, you've got it wrong! Traveling by BUS is the absolute worst!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
fffffffffff travelling by bus is fucking horrific. i'm claustrophobic, and seriously, not just "i'm scared of closed spaces" stuff, i'm horrified of closed spaces.... i once went to dumaguete by bus, for 6 damn hours. aircon bus too, can't open the windows. also shuttles dammit, next time i'm going to the airport i'm not riding a shuttle, they cramped about 10 people with baggages included inside, i nearly screamed in the middle of the ride, i had to battle with myself for an hour
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Dude, you've got it wrong! Traveling by BUS is the absolute worst!
At least you know that with a bus if something goes wrong, you can get out.

With ships you have to deal with waves and you can't get out no matter how much you want to.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Yonie- Yeah, I friggin hate cramped spaces... being quite the portly gentleman I am... :rofl

@MJ- True, I do dread ships more than buses, but buses are just so god damned uncomfortable.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@Yonie- Yeah, I friggin hate cramped spaces... being quite the portly gentleman I am... :rofl
Tell me about it! There really should be a law on public transportation here. The only public transportation buses I can fit my legs into are those provincial buses, and even then just barely. Those Japanese second-hand buses and those ordinary buses plying EDSA are impossible for me to fit in. I'd rather stand or sit in the middle chair in the backmost row, the two most uncomfortable places in the bus. Gahaman talaga tong mga bus companies na 'to... (I could go into a whole lot of detail on that, but that's another story).

And those Jeeps! Those Jeeps in Ayala, they insist on fitting eight people to a row even when everybody obviously isn't the size of a 5'2" woman.

And I'm only 5'10".

Let's face it, the Filipino is getting larger with this conquer the world through breeding with everyone else plan we're doing.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I'd rather stand or sit in the middle chair in the backmost row
Back of the bus? Over here thats a stabbing offence. Usually carried out by someone with their trousers around their ankles and has never listened to proper rap. It will most likely be preceded by them saying you "disrespekded dem innit".

Let's face it, the Filipino is getting larger with this conquer the world through breeding with everyone else plan we're doing.
So thats your plan! :o
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Back of the bus? Over here thats a stabbing offence. Usually carried out by someone with their trousers around their ankles and has never listened to proper rap. It will most likely be preceded by them saying you "disrespekded dem innit".

So thats your plan! :o
Oh, crap, did I just reveal it to the world? :D.

I can imagine it being a stabbing offence, too :). It's like the seat which screams, "Hey, everyone, look at me!".

It's just that in Rush Hour over here it takes 1 hour to travel 4 kilometers on the average and standard 56 seater buses hold up to 80 people. So just having a seat is a godsend.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@BB- Is that what FMA: Brotherhood is supposed to be? If it is then I might as well try it out once it finishes. I hate having to wait for another episode.
ah yeah. but see, i kinda dropped Brotherhood after the third ep because it was exactly the same as the first season. But it's to be expected since that is what was in the manga anyway. The first production deviated after the middle part, i guess?

heheh uy me P.S aku.. hehe aku medyo madame na rin.. lahat ng asia napuntahan ko na ayyy,, Brunei, Japan at Korea di pa. pala hinde pa.
Nagstay ako sa Australia medyo matagal, sarap dun dameng spiders:s hehe seriously I lived with my ex-boyfriend kase. But we broke up last year, I have to come back here for a bit at makapagmove on.

Tas middle east, Turkey, Dubai, Saudi, Qatar, Israel, India, Prague at Egypt. Ayuz sa Egypt, para mo ng nakita ang ancient history pagnasight mo pyramids:eyeroll. My dad kase works abroad, so sometimes sinasama niya ko. This year, sa Europe naman, sa Norway, my tropa kase ako dun libre lang lahat. Honestly, ayoko sa malamig na country, I enjoy our weather. Di ko macarry ang winter, di ka makakakilos. Never pa ako pumunta sa US, kase I dont like my relatives there, super damot. Ayun! hehe sama ka minsan..:darn
andaaaaaamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! wtf, are you one of those ultra rich people?

@Yonie- Work IT then and be prepared to do the following on a daily basis:

1. Turn computers off and on again for people
2. Plug computers/ monitors/ printers in for people
3. Replace keyboards, mice, and headsets for people
4. Replace ink cartridges
5. Take lots of cig breaks

The most thrilling things you'll be doing are cleaning computers, backing up computers, reformatting computers, and standardizing computers... Well at least that's what my IT friends tell me.
hehe like the crew in "The IT Crowd". That's such an awesome show, btw.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@BB- Hells yes! I just wish they continued the series. :scry
 

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ah yeah. but see, i kinda dropped Brotherhood after the third ep because it was exactly the same as the first season. But it's to be expected since that is what was in the manga anyway. The first production deviated after the middle part, i guess?



andaaaaaamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! wtf, are you one of those ultra rich people?



hehe like the crew in "The IT Crowd". That's such an awesome show, btw.
wahhh ultra rich? hindi naman .. I was just lucky I can travel with my dad, sinasama niya ko, kase lahat na ngpambobola ginagawa ko para makasama ko.
Hmm siguro, I was rich before with my savings, kaso I spent it all in one person.. wala rin... chenes niya. Ok lang if its money I can definitely work on it. Dapat nga lang super savings, kaya matipid ako ngayon. Kaya pagmelibre..GO Ako!! parasite at PG ng dating no...:p Thanks hun, I was here tonite..cheers!


waaah... travel around the world, someday... :wtf

and uh... jobs.... i'm pressured to find a job... school is out, no more playoffs to watch, no reason left to be a bum :scry that's it, tomorrow! i'll find a damn job tomorrow. the easier, the better.
:amuse carry mo yan darlin'! Gastos lang mag apply, ang hirap mag ipon dito, pagnakasueldo ka na, ang daming temptations! nandyan yung aya ka ng friends mo punta malls, sa clubs, inuman, gf,bf, saka mangugutang (yung tipong pagsingil mo galet pa sayo:blink super dame nyan) Pero carry, basta marunong ka lang magsave.
Masarap magtravel, magastos lang. Pero Ayuz pa rin!:)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top