Shounen - Platinum End by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Platinum End by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't know what to expect. A student who decides suicide is the way out of the life with no hapiness?

Niko_kun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lived the 1st chapter, the story seems promising and Obata's drawing never disappoints. <3

Jaimini626

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Uploaded Version 3 of the chapter. Please read again for a better experience.

Last edited:

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I like it!
The protagonist is similar to Lawliet...

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great start, lets pray that the writer will let Mirai become a God. I hope the others can avoid the common obligatory type of characters these manga be having.

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Nice chapter. Very colourful, as we get to see the personalities of the "chosen ones". I wonder if that "superhero suit" is a part of the angel abilities. The guy certainly didn't do it out of being noble, as he reveals in the last page. so the suit seems out of place in contrast to his personality

And it seems like each angel has their own agenda? Pervert Fodder's angel was so apathetic to the role, while Nasse and Ironman's angel seem to be in a rush to have their candidate chosen to be god. That should be interesting to explore later.

They've still yet to explain how they're gonna be chosen. I hope it's not just a every man for themselves fight to the death, as that's a bit too Future Diary-ish for my taste. Would much rather see them slog through trials maybe.

EDIT: Might as well translate it while I'm reading...

Mirai is living out of a hotel, still having nightmares over getting his aunt killed. He thinks about how he's gonna go about using his new abilities and what he thinks is happiness in his opinion.

Nasse explains a third power; the white arrow that is a certain kill.

They later see on TV another candidate, and he's using the crimson arrow in perverted ways, exploiting the females.

He's later killed in a vehicle by a candidate (in a suit) with a white arrow.

As Mirai is handing in entrance exam forms, they overhear the pervert candidate has died.

On the last page we find out the candidate who killed the pervert has a female angel and their plan is to kill the others to guarantee his spot as god.

Last edited:

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It was a great twist to have the main character's crush shoot him with the crimson arrow instead of the other way around but it makes me curious on whether or not she actually loves him or intends to use him as a pawn.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Gosh! Chapter #3 really win me over. I never expected such a turn. You think of all the ways as to how Mirai will keep his secret in front of Saki, for how long she will be unaware of the plot, how many times she has to be saved by Mirai and so on. But the author has other plans and threw her right into the battlefield. Will she be friend or foe? I'm looking forward to their relationship.