Special Move PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Hoshi Hanabi is easily executed but you need supreme control to make the ball very high but can land on the table.
What? During Table tennis, hit a cordball far high up? so it lands near the baseline? Not easily executed at all lol.
 

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Apparently, the Snake Shot, the Tsubame Gaeshi, and the Zero-shiki Drop Shot are possible in table tennis.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Snake is possible in real tennis too..it's all about side spin..

The video game version of Oshitari's 'triple counters' are possible in both table tennis and real tennis. specifically KuroShachi (his version of Hakugei) which is a drop shot that bounces back over the net...I actually employ this shot on occasion, though I need the perfect set up to do it.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yeah, in table tennis, I've definitely done droppers which bounce back, setting you up for a nice smashing/hammering back hand.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Ok, here is something a little off topic. You know the Zero-shiki Drop Shot and how Tezuka adapted it into a serve. Is it possible for Tezuka to make a Zero-shiki Slice, Smash or Lob?
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Ok, here is something a little off topic. You know the Zero-shiki Drop Shot and how Tezuka adapted it into a serve. Is it possible for Tezuka to make a Zero-shiki Slice, Smash or Lob?
A Lob would be okay, but it could be dragged back over the net by the opponent if its making its way all the way from the baseline.

A smash would be perfect. A slice easily returned though. But it would still be a kinda high ranked technique since the opponent wont know when it will be a Zero Shiki or an ordinary won.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

If you had a match and you had to volley to score points, that would be hard. Here is a scenario: Opponent serves, Tezuka uses ZS Slice, Opponent returns as volley and rushes to net, Tezuka uses ZS Lob, Opponent runs back and uses defensive lob, Tezuka finishes with ZS Smash. Or this scenario: Opponent serves, Tezuka uses ZS Drop, Opponent runs at full sprint to return as light volley or lob, Tezuka finishes with ZS Lob or ZS Smash. And we all know what happens if Tezuka serves XD
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

The ZS smash wouldn't cause damage to his arm like the ZSServe?
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

If you had a match and you had to volley to score points, that would be hard. Here is a scenario: Opponent serves, Tezuka uses ZS Slice, Opponent returns as volley and rushes to net, Tezuka uses ZS Lob, Opponent runs back and uses defensive lob, Tezuka finishes with ZS Smash. Or this scenario: Opponent serves, Tezuka uses ZS Drop, Opponent runs at full sprint to return as light volley or lob, Tezuka finishes with ZS Lob or ZS Smash. And we all know what happens if Tezuka serves XD
Hmmm..... This would be too much ownage... Not fair for the rest of the guys in the series lol.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Moved the Evolved Triple Counter above FuuRinKaZan

---------- Post added January 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

On the Tezuka Kyushu Arc, did Tezuka use a Higuma Otoshi? It was when he protected Miyuki from a smash.
http://www.mangareader.net/422-27182-12/prince-of-tennis/chapter-285.html
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I wouldn't say so. It's not shown and the ending stance is different as well (legs)... I think it was just a backhand.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Anyone wondering if there was simply a ''Tomahawk'' before ''Black Tomahawk'' lol.
Since I imagine the word '''Black'' in front of any attack must be intensely dangerous.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Anyone wondering if there was simply a ''Tomahawk'' before ''Black Tomahawk'' lol.
Since I imagine the word '''Black'' in front of any attack must be intensely dangerous.
Well, the only place in sports (not counting Native American tomahawk throwing) that you encounter tomahawk is a tomahawk dunk. A tomahawk is almost like a dunk smash in a way, so Chaos and I figured that a Black Tomahawk would be something like a black version of a dunk smash.

Chaos doesn't watch nba, so I linked him to a video of Lebron throwing it down. I can't stand Lebron, but he does make some nice dunks.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Chaos doesn't watch nba, so I linked him to a video of Lebron throwing it down. I can't stand Lebron, but he does make some nice dunks.
Lebron's awesomeness. At least you accept his dunks haha.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Lebron's awesomeness. At least you accept his dunks haha.
When Lebron wins a championship, I'll give him his due, but now that he's 0-2 in Finals, with a combined record of 2-8 in those Finals, hold off a bit. His "clutch gene" isn't really there, and...
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Anyone think that Kevin Smith's Illusion Shot is rubbish? I just watched the episode and Illusion is just Abare Dama + Entaku Shot. And here I thought the animators made it up themselves.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Anyone think that Kevin Smith's Illusion Shot is rubbish? I just watched the episode and Illusion is just Abare Dama + Entaku Shot. And here I thought the animators made it up themselves.
Hahaha yeah. I think its quite a good shot lol.

I also think ZSS has less value now lol. Since I imagine after seeing Mouri return it, several players will now know how to handle it.

Also, Mach Serve perhaps might not be that great, since Ohmagari was disappointed in the others that they couldnt return it, and he's just No.6.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

ZSS is going to stay up there I think. It is currently the most absolute technique there is. Also I have tiered Mach. Is it too high?
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

ZSS is going to stay up there I think. It is currently the most absolute technique there is. Also I have tiered Mach. Is it too high?
No its not anymore. ZSS can be easily returned by a player of high skill.
I guarantee next time its used against someone at a high level they will return within three attempts.
 

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Anyone think that Kevin Smith's Illusion Shot is rubbish? I just watched the episode and Illusion is just Abare Dama + Entaku Shot. And here I thought the animators made it up themselves.
Anime-only techniques are all rubbish. More often than not, they are rip-offs of existing techniques.

Also, Angel Mode should trade ranks with Devil Mode. Angel Mode is a technique that can only be used by Kirihara when he's playing doubles with Shiraishi. Devil Mode can be used in singles and doubles, and brings about more or less the same increase, it's just it's more harmful.
 
Last edited:
Top