Special Move PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Added Execution Style 13: Guillotine into Rank S.

---------- Post added September 03, 2012 at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 07, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

I added "Electric Chair" in. I also felt that "Tsuna Watari" should be in Rank S.
After seeing this page you can see that the ball is only millimetres away from the net, which makes it almost impossible to return.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Added Execution Style 13: Guillotine into Rank S.

---------- Post added September 03, 2012 at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 07, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

I added "Electric Chair" in. I also felt that "Tsuna Watari" should be in Rank S.
After seeing this page you can see that the ball is only millimetres away from the net, which makes it almost impossible to return.
Why is Guillotine in Rank S??
LOL, Kite returned it comfortable after a while.

---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2012 at 02:22 AM ----------

Bio Magnetism

Users: Kieth

Its nothing short of a Kame-Hame Ha from DBZ.
The user stores energy in between to hands as he takes a big swing with his racket. When he returns the shot, a force-field released from his shot acts like a wall, throwing the opponent to the back of the court.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I don't really like putting movie techniques up since they are non-canonical, but then again, some anime techniques aren't canonical too. I'll put it in the list along with Gemini.
 
Last edited:

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yeah, they're non canon and that move was lame, easy to return.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I don't really like putting movie techniques up since they are non-canonical, but then again, some anime techniques aren't canonical too. I'll put it in the list along with Gemini.
Sorry, just mark it as Movie only as well lol.
It really was a Kame Hame Ha though lol.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Kite has Viking Horn.

I don't know where to put Perfect Fortress.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Kite has Viking Horn.

I don't know where to put Perfect Fortress.
Kite has everything from Higa lol.

Wait till the nex chapter, it's probably B rank...
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Kite has everything from Higa lol.

Wait till the nex chapter, it's probably B rank...
I think A-Rank. It's like Marui has eliminated Jackal lol.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.
Yes, and probably we see some technique from Kimijima at least, that will be S tier at least.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yes, and probably we see some technique from Kimijima at least, that will be S tier at least.
He might just have an ability and not a technique even.
Like Ochi had just one technique, which was definetely S rank, but he had an S-Rank ablitiy too. (Mental Pressure).

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.
Ikr lol.
Konomi couldn't have been more obvious that he is throwing Jackal away.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Unfortunately though, Perfect Fortress is far from Perfect...

Standard Lob > Perfect Fortress...
Considering Marui isn't even 1.65m tall it's what to expect.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.
His return shots don't appear to pose any threat so it's not effective at single either.

The clear implication is that Marui defends with Perfect Fortress while Kite goes on the offense. A lob, even in Prince of Tennis, is always a great opportunity for the offense. Sure it doesn't seem like having your defense player at the net and offense player at baseline makes any sense, but it's not like POT is supposed to make sense. If they say this works, then it works.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.
I don't think you should.
It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I don't think you should.
It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.
It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.
I kinda love his "fake" techniques to be honest. When the spoiler was partially out, it was unclear that Kimijima strike out a deal with Kite. So it look like Kimijima "control" Kite.

Man, that would have been a sickkkk techniques.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.
Only for now.
It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Only for now.
It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.
Btw, Thono was going to hit another execution method, iron... shame it wasn't shown
 
Top