Prediction for Next Big Boss | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Prediction for Next Big Boss

Kite1080

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Although I know The Straw Hats are up against Gekko Moria right now, does anyone one think that once they reach there actual destination that they might come up against another Shichibukai?

I mean it stands to reason that there destination is Merman Island and that seeing how they went up against Arlong and his mermen, that they would come to merman island and the Jimbei would be somewhere near there.

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep it'll probably be jinbei ... however i could see them running into a strong marine on the way so who knows.
Interestingly enough I found out something interesting about Fishman Island.

Oda said this in a SBS
D: Where do you learn fishman karate? Please tell me.

O: At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.

So once they get to fishman Island they'll be about halfway down the grand line.

dfcarolinaguy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe black beard will be the next enemy for strawhats after thriller park arc.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
BB will be like the last fight i think a small band of strong pirate hunters will be the next battle but they are more like a filler arc and then jembei and the mermen

who do you think the biggest enemy is on this island and howmany to you think that they will have to beat in total

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually doubt both Blackbeard and Jimbei. As OP_overlord said, Blackbeard will be one of the final fights (and it will be fought by the Redhairs imo). About Jimbei, i highly doubt that Oda would pit Luffy against two Shichibukai in such a short time frame. However it is undeniable that the Merman Island arc will be coming up soon after Thriller Bark and that is the most likely location of Jimbei. I prefer to believe that Jimbei will actually side with the Strawhats against the real enemy of the Merman Island arc. Out of 7 Shichibukai, there is a chance of one of them actually having sympathetic feelings and that could have been the reason for Arlong's split as he was far more ambitious than his captain, Jimbei.

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
after the thriller park arc i think they would meet up with smoker somehow i feel like that. it is kinda a long time since i last heard bot smoker

jimbei is surely the next shichibukai but not necessarily be an anemy as stated by sahugani. he may help the mugiwara's to fight the encountering of WG dog's. i wish i can tell oda-sensei my thanks

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i also feel the way sahugani does a good shichibukai would be nice to see and that would explain arlongs departure.

i/m still going with a small crew of strong bounty hunters will be like a filler fight and then mermen island but another marine battle might not be bad if it is commande by smoker

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
it's gonna be Jinbei :noworry
unless he already dead :oh
which is why he didn't attend the meeting
anyways I don't think that Moria will be dealt with :p
cuz I don't feel a fight atmosphere in the current arc

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
how do you not feel a fight atmosphere there are going to be armies of zombies and ghosts attacking luffy and crew and there is an evil mastermind behind it all if that doesnt scream battle scene coming i dont know what does

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
uumm....
it just feels like a davy back arc atmosphere really....
I mean one of the enemies is that weirdo Dr.Hogback.....
do you need another reason......

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
true but the addition of a strong shichibukai ot the fight spirt up for me (when will luffy get one of those, it would be so much eaiser to make the weak bad guys faint instead of punching them)

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
yeah but I mean .....
most likely they will just attack with the ghosts.....
and I don't know but I won't be surprised if Moria is not dealt with...
and Moria doesn't seem like he will fight being all lazy and what not...

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think that it will be jinbei next but i dont know would they have 2 shichibukai so close together but i would love in the current arc to see a gear 3rd luffy fight with moria who looks like he could be a giant would be a really interesting fight

caco

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
yeah but I mean .....
most likely they will just attack with the ghosts.....
and I don't know but I won't be surprised if Moria is not dealt with...
and Moria doesn't seem like he will fight being all lazy and what not...
I think they are going to fight really hard because moria is the one that stole the shadow to Brook and luffy want him in his crew.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah so they have to fight but gekko could be a lazy guy and just give up if all his hench men are beaten that would be funny

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he'll be like all lazy and then go complete beserker in battle ... I mean what if he's just saving up all his energy for when he fights.
Well that being said Oda will probably throw us a curve ball.

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
they will fight the general's are strong needless to say that the atmosphere of the mang right now reeks blood and powerful encounters

just hopefully they will fight with new skills build in

the moria thing ... i think he is not the real culprit here [ just thinking ]
maybe there is somebody even stronger behind him that is waiting to be released by oda-sensei

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I think he'll be like all lazy and then go complete beserker in battle ... I mean what if he's just saving up all his energy for when he fights.

I agree! Just like that pokemon that always sleeps but when woken up attacks everyone:mad

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
snorlax he was my favorite he eats like me

i too hope that the crew in all gets stronger from each of there next fights cause the next few villains will be super super super.... strong and they need to catch up
and i hope they get rewarded for the new powers gain and the victory

i hope there will be a nice shichibukia i have hopes for jembie but gekko i think is bad but he comes frist

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off yeah it's kind of like that pokemon.... Now as a second as much as i like pokemon I kinda think anyone who compares it and one piece should go to hell..... nothing personal.

Maybe he's like a berserker and does a bunch of drugs then slaughters everyone who gets in his way ... so he can only fight with zombies cause there the only things that can survive his onslaught. Nah I don't think so ..... he does kinda remind me of a giant clown ..... and I believe I speak for everyone when i say " That scares the ever living shit out of me." Clowns are creepy.