Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Moved it in the right thread...

The rumor was stated as usual on 2ch.net... A cancel is (was possible) given its worse ratings lately. Now it jumped into the middle of ToC (a good sign), two mangas were dropped and two are on a hiatus. 4 Spots for 3 new series make me believe it is possible it survives another round of axes

but near future will tell and I hope it won't be a mx0 (cutting it before its b-day)
i see. How do they collect the ratings? Is it through fanmail or something? It seems hard to tell who reads what if they are buying a magazine... I also noticed on Wikipedia that there were a lot of new/dead series these couple of years... Mx0 was one of my favs as well...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

i see. How do they collect the ratings? Is it through fanmail or something? It seems hard to tell who reads what if they are buying a magazine... I also noticed on Wikipedia that there were a lot of new/dead series these couple of years... Mx0 was one of my favs as well...
Well I am not 100% sure but there's always a postcard in WSJ. I think you have to give your n°1 or top 3 of manga you liked the most (the chapters). There can be also a question about a one shot. It's those post cards that decide the position but eventually the editor-in-chief (let's say wsj's biggest boss when it comes to composing jump) can change some things
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

do they need to fill some quotas of different genres? Like maybe X number of romance/comedy titles, Y number of "magic" types etc. and they axe the "extras" from those genres first?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

do they need to fill some quotas of different genres? Like maybe X number of romance/comedy titles, Y number of "magic" types etc. and they axe the "extras" from those genres first?
Well good question. I don't know exactly but I tend to say yes... Since PoT has ended, they are constantly trying to introduce some sports manga eg the failing dogashi, ko sen and now they are introducing two sports manga.

But it's obvious action shounen are a mainstream - I don't know which manga got cut when psyren was introduced but it could have been when mx0 and muhyo ended (not the same specific genre but still)
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well here are the positions in the ranking of the 48 chapters that are collected in 2ch. That is why, although Psyren this year is the ninth in the rankings of the jump, for it seemed that the positions would be canceled

Psyren(C:8・17)
*1 *6 *6 12 *9 *9 12 13 15 16 15 15 18 12 18 12 14 11 *9 *8
15 11 *9 13 *9 16 14 19 16 17 18 17 14 13 *9 17 16 17 18 17
18 19 20 19 18 19 16 13
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Surprising that managed to get #9 in rankings, with Sket & TLR below it.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

It's had some really bad weeks. that's without any doubt.
 

Lsshin

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
54
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren 52 Discussion / 53 Prediction thread

im traying to get the raws but by volumes for better scanning, anyone could helo me out?
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren 52 Discussion / 53 Prediction thread

im traying to get the raws but by volumes for better scanning, anyone could helo me out?
I've been waiting for volume scans for a long time now.

If you can find any, let me know. I'm interested in releasing HQ.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I saw some gantz comparison posts in the pred /disc thread. So let's talk it out over here ;)

I think the gantz similarity was good for the beginning but now it's farfetched imo. Psyren reminds more about the matrix. Getting in with the phone but instead of figthing some virtual world it's here about fighting and preventing the destruction of the world.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I wonder if Tatsuo is going to come back in the near future. I really liked him.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I wonder if Tatsuo is going to come back in the near future. I really liked him.
I think that question can be answered affirmative. Tatsuo is the character introduced for a later purpose
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I think that question can be answered affirmative. Tatsuo is the character introduced for a later purpose
maybe he can be the next member for the group. but his power core cant be removed right so isnt it a matter of time he dies or becomes bait?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

maybe he can be the next member for the group. but his power core cant be removed right so isnt it a matter of time he dies or becomes bait?
Well remember Oboro's power were just used for the first time back then. Never say never but his healing powers could become better and more powerful next time. Nah I don't think tatsuo is a character to die. I think he's the character that'll get in contact with the resistance in psyren
 

NXTNL9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I read this manga from start to finish recently, Tatsuo hmm I forgot all about him I guess I could see him making comeback but would he be good or evil?
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

I read this manga from start to finish recently, Tatsuo hmm I forgot all about him I guess I could see him making comeback but would he be good or evil?
Good to have you here (a first post in the psyren section, nice) and to hear you started pysren

My guess is he'll come back good. I wouldn't see any contribution to come back evil again. I think he is the guy who'll get stronger with powers as a good guy
 

Shao Tenjuin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo thread

Well, with the future altered and what-not, we don't know if he's even alive or dead, or if he even ended up fighting Ageha & Co in the future.
 
Top