Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
and those days are long gone.
...back on topic!
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This is on-topic, I'm saying that I think Psyren is similar to what Bleach used to be :P
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
This is on-topic, I'm saying that I think Psyren is similar to what Bleach used to be :P
And your point is well made in some ways, but this still isn't a Psyren vs. Bleach thread. ;)

Anyways, this latest chapter looks eventful. Can't wait to read it.
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
I just pick up this series a couple of days ago and I find it quiet interesting, out off all the new series that have come out I think this is the best one. Psyren feels like a mixture off both Bleach and Gantz.

P.S. I hope it don't go the way off Bleach(that manga is getting boring)
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
And your point is well made in some ways, but this still isn't a Psyren vs. Bleach thread. ;)

Anyways, this latest chapter looks eventful. Can't wait to read it.
Geez, you people are so scared of a little discussion aren't you :P
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This is on-topic, I'm saying that I think Psyren is similar to what Bleach used to be :P
I agree, it's similar but it also differs

Geez, you people are so scared of a little discussion aren't you :P
It isn't about being scared of a discussion. But you must always watch out with a majority (I certainly don't suspect you being part of it) of people who can't discuss to the point or can't answer decently to the question, thus leading to an off topic bleach discussion
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
New chapter is out ... and holy shit ...

I'm liking his lazerbeam XD
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Geez, you people are so scared of a little discussion aren't you :P
I am not afraid to talk about it, it's too early to say it's going to turn out like Bleach(I hope not) but it do have some similarities, but then again it is very similar to Gantz as well.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well I had mixed feelings about this chapter:
positive was the progression in the story but negative is I can't make anything out of it, can't find any clue in this story.

Maybe I didn't understan the whole part but my two main questions are:
1. That old lady and the young boy, were they once psyren players? They have hidden powers and the old lady mentioned something of Nemesis Q bringing them back to psyren if he found out. Or are they from psyren?
2. That actor prolly has been in psyren too? or not?
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Oboro seems to be familiar with Psyren, in that he knows a lot about it, but I don't think he's ever been there. He has answered the questionnaire though.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Oboro seems to be familiar with Psyren, in that he knows a lot about it, but I don't think he's ever been there. He has answered the questionnaire though.
But I thought the whole thinking plot was strange. On a moment he seemed like he could talk to and hear to the manager
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That old furtune teller seems interesting
a natural psych searching for nemesis Q oh my
the story is developing nicely :)
about Oboro
I thin he and his manager know what the other one is thinking because they work together for such a long time
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
was just a joke imo...or she was whispering

- Important to see that destroying the card Nemesis Q killed that short guy...

- Ageha seems to have a great power but just cuz he can put his life on that...really shonen-like, I know

- Was great to see that Asaga, my favorite character so far, is already passing to another level of training
 
Last edited:

renrutal

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
189
Reaction score
8
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Amamiya should think twice before asking ppl to touch her with their powers.

A Hollow cosplay won't suit her well ^_^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I have been wondering but that old hag and prolly her grandson have some powers - fortunetelling and healing abilities - I wonder how they got those powers, it can only have a link with psyren.

I also ask myself: if Nemesis Q is good human or is he part of, prolly the leader, the villains in the psyren?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Geez, you people are so scared of a little discussion aren't you :P
"You people"?

Like what was mentioned before, it's not the fact that you want to compare the series to it. I've done it myself with Gantz and Bleach...it's just that this is a Psyren discussion thread, and belaboring the point will only cause offtopicness and useless discussion. That being said, I guess I might have overreacted a bit. I was just afraid of the discussion spiraling out of control. These things happen in other sections, especially Naruto :eyeroll
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
@fxu

Thanks for the spoiler
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
thx a lot fxu

...looks like we gonna see another Psyren round in the end
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
oh joy, another round!
...I see new characters?
 
Top