Seinen - Rainbow by Abe George & Kakizaki Masasumi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Rainbow by Abe George & Kakizaki Masasumi

SlashedVelocity

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Rainbow
Written By: Abe George
Art By: Kakizaki Masasumi
Genre: Prison Drama, Tragedy
Serialized In: Young Sunday (2003-2008) Big Comic Spirits (2009-2010)
Mangaupdates
Anime Discussion Thread

2005 Shogakukan Award Winner for best manga

Hi, I'm trying to gather all the fans of Rainbow manga by Abe George and Masasumi Kakizaki because I really like the manga.

Maybe if there is a lot of people that like it there will be more group that wants to translate it. I read in mangaupdates.com the series is currently up to vol 19 but Manga-Fiends and Manga-Sketchbook's project on the manga's only up to vol 1..:eek

description from mangaupdates.com:
Six minors (16 or 17 years) answering to the nicknames of Joe, Mario, Suppon, Baremoto, Biceps and Cauliflower are put into a reformatory for offences such as aggravated assault, swindle, flight, etc. Their stay in hell begins immediately. Accomodated by a doctor paedophile, they are placed under the monitoring of a despotic and brutal crew. Companions of cell of certain Sakuragi (called Anchan), the tension flares up between the band of buddies and their new "friend". A brawl breaks out and our six prisoners are done rossés by mysterious young man thanks to his boxing talent.
The story will not only follow the lives of these seven characters surviving in their hellish environment, but also their disillusions due to the rejection by the outside world and by their close relations. This is about the extraodinary and invincible friendships between these young men.

I've read only up to vol 3 of the series from the publisher in my country but I really like the series and wish there's more hype for this series so it gets scanned and translated more quickly :) The story is really good..I'm also looking for anyone who can provide the raws of this manga so maybe I can try to find a translator and get it scanlated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Rainbow

Sounds like an awesome manga!!! How recent is this manga??

SlashedVelocity

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Rainbow

the manga's started at 2002, you should try reading the first volume released by Manga-Fiends and Manga-Sketchbook. Its really good and I think one of the author really went to that prison before...

my description of the manga:

6 guys went to a prison, got put in a same cell with an older guy. Older guy gave them the spirit to survive the 2 years sentence and they all became friends. Then troubles starts heading their way, but because of their friendship they managed to overcome those trouble. And we're not talking some easy troubles either..a lot of sacrifices were made. Really touching story of friendship in my opinion.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I gave the first four chapters a try today. A very good, exceptionally brutal series. The look at prison life is unflinching and not for the squeamish. Edited Mangas have resumed, for some reason chapter 5 and 6 haven't been scanlated yet but 9 and 10 have. I'm assuming the gap will be filled. It's a really well written series, I'm looking forward top more.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Just noticed this series existed like 5 minutes ago. Looks very interesting. I'll be downloading later tonight. Until then, is there anyone who has read up through the current chapters that can tell me if the series stays interesting? Easy Going Scans just released chapter 17 today for those who don't know.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I really enjoy watching the anime! Its been so long since I watched a seinen, especially one this gritty. I love how despite all obstacles, the group does its best to stick together and prove their friendship!

TheHangedMan

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
This manga is the best Seinen manga I've ever read. Easy Going Scans is doing this series, so no worries. Let's wait for them to update it

ayumu

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
hey people!!one question...does the manga end as well as the anime...I mean..the same end??

Morte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rainbow is the number one manga ever written.....I like it better than One Piece.

I think that the endings for the anime and manga are different, not that I've seen the ending for the manga, but people say that the anime had an unsatisfactory ending.