Discussion - Ranking the Sins | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Ranking the Sins

Sylphe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
="Escanorzoldyck, post: 4372731, member: 195033"]Fc cv rc are all hax
FC et CV are not so hax given that even some HKs were able to ADAPT to those moves ! ( Guila and Gilthunder) For RC, i'm sure that Meliodas would be dead even before he has the chance to use it against Escanor ! XD

Zeldris'god ability seems so haxed
You said it : it "seems". For now we don't even know what sort of ability it is, let alone if it will affect Escanor !

Merlin could freeze him for eternity if she's fast enough
Which obviously isn't ! She wasn't even fast enough to be able to teleport someone like Galan ! And we still don't know if she powered up in that month of
timeskip !

King could petrify him
Same as above ! Unless Escanor is stupid enough to let himself get hit by Chastiefol, there is no way King could even hope to touch him given Escanor's overwhelming speed !
I even venture to say that there si no guarantee that this pertification would work on him ! ( he roasted Merascylla when she swallowed his soul so perhaps his Sunshine would also be able to make him break free or even resist it !

There was even one fodder hk in the first arc that had an ability that could potentially take escanor down under the right circumstances (the ability is called death iirc)
I doubt it ! Even nerfed Meliodas ( 3370) and Grey Hendrickson resisted a death power without much damage, so Escanor who has a power said to be the source of all LIFE can easily dispel such powers, IMO !

Escanor is op but not unbeatable
Which has yet to happen ! Btw, i don't consider Escanor being knocked out by Gowther and Merlin in the vampires of Edinburg chapters a defeat since he wasn't on guard and had no reason to consider his fellow Sins as ennemies !

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, of course, it's not that he never dodges. The point is that he lacks technique and fighting experience, although he has immense strength. He's a Saitama, basically.
I don't think we have any reason to think he lacks technique. The issue here is that he has never meet anyone with even a fraction of the power required to actually spar with him. Most of what we have seen actually suggests escanor is more than competent with that ax of his.

The President

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ummm Gowther already tried to mind rape Escanor, and he used his full power by his own admission:

Needless to say that it didn't work. What you need to break free of Gowthers tricks is a high metal fortitude, and Escanor (day) has some of the best, if not the best mental fortitude in the series (kinda goes hand-in-hand with pride). Not to mention Escanor can outright blitz Gowther. I'm not seeing how Gowther would stand even a shred of a chance. Merlin won't be even flinching him either. Making your magic last for infinite =/= being able to cast an infinitely powerful spell, Merlin is capable of the former, not the latter. King doesn't stand an inkling of a chance. Wouldn't even be able to pierce Escanors skin. Galans attack barely cut into a nonchalant 50K Escanors arm and Galan was at 40K with pure raw power.

As I said before, Merlin outright says that Escanors rank in power is uncontested by anyone (including any of the sins), he is undeniably the strongest character in the series to date (including prime Mel). Only potential characters who will end up being stronger then peak Escanor are maybe DK and the Goddess clan leader, thats a huge maybe though.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The thing is, I think Escanor could be beaten because of both of his (their?) personality: One is very arrogant, and the other is pretty much naive (while capable of getting serious, he risked a lot until he got serious in his fight against gowther).

His naivite is best demonstrated when Gloxinia just stabbed him and bam, he would be dead if Glo hadnt healed him.
Also, we have yet to see if his soul imunnity to being eaten aplies to other magic, as I can very well see the author going on the route of something like
"The sun is absolute, so it can burn away your poison/petrify/acid magic" if he so desires.

His arrogance is what got him blacked out by both gowther and merlin, as from what we have seen so far he could´ve dodged gowther arrows in that state if he wasnt with his guard down. Mental abilities sure do look the best so far to take him out.

Ummm Gowther already tried to mind rape Escanor, and he used his full power by his own admission:

Needless to say that it didn't work. What you need to break free of Gowthers tricks is a high metal fortitude, and Escanor (day) has some of the best, if not the best mental fortitude in the series (kinda goes hand-in-hand with pride). Not to mention Escanor can outright blitz Gowther. I'm not seeing how Gowther would stand even a shred of a chance. Merlin won't be even flinching him either. Making your magic last for infinite =/= being able to cast an infinitely powerful spell, Merlin is capable of the former, not the latter. King doesn't stand an inkling of a chance. Wouldn't even be able to pierce Escanors skin. Galans attack barely cut into a nonchalant 50K Escanors arm and Galan was at 40K with pure raw power.

As I said before, Merlin outright says that Escanors rank in power is uncontested by anyone, he is undeniably the strongest character in the series to date (including prime Mel). Only potential characters who will end up being stronger then peak Escanor are maybe DK and the Goddess clan leader, thats a huge maybe though.
This kinda goes hand in hand with what I said about "If the author so desires". We have not seen Escanors Full potential, and even if we have, what we have seen is still far above anything else we have seen in the series. So, if needed, the Author can make his limit be even higher post timeskip.

And him getting away from Gowther´s mind stuff and using his sunpower at night NEGATED his ONE weakness that was supossed to balance him out, so yeah, I repeat: If the author desires, Escanor can solo anyone and anything.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meliodas' power is weird and hard to trace as well, well prob see his full power towards the end of the series

Besides Galan AND awakened King, I dont think any character's maxed out full power in a battle

But hopefully Escanor being the strongest sin stands true til the end of the series

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Meliodas' power is weird and hard to trace as well, well prob see his full power towards the end of the series

Besides Galan AND awakened King, I dont think any character's maxed out full power in a battle

But hopefully Escanor being the strongest sin stands true til the end of the series
What do you guys think Awakened winged king power level will be?

Before even the training he was able to get to 10.000 power level for one attack with a lot of effort, so I think him siting around 30.000 base (aka winged, but not in any situation that would require him to make effort, so he could pull 40-50.000s attacks with effort) would be logical

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
What else are we going to do on a Friday night?
No, it's just that this talk started like three days ago on page 24.

The thread is on page 27 now and it's still going on.

Not a single change in topic other than Escanor vs. Meliodas.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What else are we going to do on a Friday night?
Pretty much this

Was it confirmed or stated (Can´t remember) that Rhita´s sun releasing attack that Esca used against Glox and Dolor is a magic attack?
Since it is just a really strong swing empored by Rhita it is just a physcall attack and give one more weapon to Escas arsenal against meliodas

No, it's just that this talk started like three days ago on page 24.

The thread is on page 27 now and it's still going on.

Not a single change in topic other than Escanor vs. Meliodas.
Well, I did try (and want to) discuss about awakened wings King...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you guys think Awakened winged king power level will be?

Before even the training he was able to get to 10.000 power level for one attack with a lot of effort, so I think him siting around 30.000 base (aka winged, but not in any situation that would require him to make effort, so he could pull 40-50.000s attacks with effort) would be logical
Depends on by what degree the wings actually increase a Fairy's power.

He's probably going to be over 30,000 at the least, so his magic is going to jump by a factor of 10 most likely, which does put him in the 30k level, but that assumes his spirit doesn't rise alongside his magic. I can see Gloxinia's defeat (if that's even who King fights), coming from the fact that King can draw more power from the Holy Tree. Given how King's magic more than doubles when he does bring out the Tree's true power, he would be pushing 60-70k when he gets serious.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Depends on by what degree the wings actually increase a Fairy's power.

He's probably going to be over 30,000 at the least, so his magic is going to jump by a factor of 10 most likely, which does put him in the 30k level, but that assumes his spirit doesn't rise alongside his magic. I can see Gloxinia's defeat (if that's even who King fights), coming from the fact that King can draw more power from the Holy Tree. Given how King's magic more than doubles when he does bring out the Tree's true power, he would be pushing 60-70k.
I do agree with your estimates.
Which reminds me, are chastiofell attacks caracterized as magical or physcal attacks?
While there sure could be both, I am looking more into its True Form attack King used against the albion, since knowing it is important for ranking in between sins.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kings PL is probably going to end up being slightly higher then Gloxinias and Dianes will be slightly higher then Dolors. That means that as far as PLs go Diane will likely be above King. Battle efficiency is a different matter, although Dolor is pretty damn versatile and a tanky heavy hitter to boot so if Diane becomes the same she will likely be above King in combat efficiency as well.

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I'd be suprised if any of the sins reached 60k or above honestly(other than Mel and Escanor who are obviously above that).

60k seems to be the cut off for top tier in their verse.

I don't picture king or Diane being able to beat Estarossa.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kings PL is probably going to end up being slightly higher then Gloxinias and Dianes will be slightly higher then Dolors. That means that as far as PLs go Diane will likely be above King. Battle efficiency is a different matter, although Dolor is pretty damn versatile and a tanky heavy hitter to boot so if Diane becomes the same she will likely be above King in combat efficiency as well.

I do agree with this too, but my main argument is that king can use a "burst" type of techinique, by which I mean an attack that takes mostly if not all of his energy, but makes his PL (or more exactly, the attacks PL) rise a lot.

After all in his fight against albion he went from 3k (almost, rounding up) to 10k for a instant.
If he masters that techinique (True Form Chastiofell) in a power level of say, 30k, I don´t think Diane could ever hope to stop him, even with diamond skin. At best they would tie (Diane survives but is incapacited, King with no energy left), but so far nothing Diane (or dolor for that matter) has shown could hope to rival True Chastiofell.

Mrwanton

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing I'm betting on is that Diane will be the weakest sin by the time the final arc starts up. She's strong but the others are just a tad more impressive in my opinion. That being said, I do think that Diane and King will be around the same power level wise.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The only thing I'm betting on is that Diane will be the weakest sin by the time the final arc starts up. She's strong but the others are just a tad more impressive in my opinion. That being said, I do think that Diane and King will be around the same power level wise.
Do agree.
One thing that did just strike me tho, is that maybe she could go for a antman type of power up?
Like she shirnks but retains her mass, so by logic her punches hit hard than if she was a giant? (and to counteract that and make her giant form still viable her magic would be better in giant mode)

Also do you guys think she will be "harder than diamond" by the end of this arc, since this is Diamond-level is what dolor was stated to be able to do, or that she will surpass him using other methods?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do agree with your estimates.
Which reminds me, are chastiofell attacks caracterized as magical or physcal attacks?
While there sure could be both, I am looking more into its True Form attack King used against the albion, since knowing it is important for ranking in between sins.
It probably depends on the Form. Form 4 and 8 are probably the only ones that can be considered magical. The attack against the Albion was physical, seeing as how King's "throws" the spear.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It probably depends on the Form. Form 4 and 8 are probably the only ones that can be considered magical. The attack against the Albion was physical, seeing as how King's "throws" the spear.
But it was enveloped by energy, so I guess it was a mixed attack? Meaning meliodas and estarossa could (maybe) just slighty alter the trajetory of the attack, and not fully counter it.
Then again in the Elizabeth Rescue arc one of the magics used by HKs against meliodas was Stone Based (which is a physcal structure) and he still repeled it...idk

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see that happening. Mainly because I don't see Diane's physical ability jumping to Dolor's level that quickly, if at all. Her magic? Sure. It'll probably even be higher than Dolor's.

But it was enveloped by energy, so I guess it was a mixed attack? Meaning meliodas and estarossa could (maybe) just slighty alter the trajetory of the attack, and not fully counter it.
Then again in the Elizabeth Rescue arc one of the magics used by HKs against meliodas was Stone Based (which is a physcal structure) and he still repeled it...idk
I'm leaning towards Mel being unable to, and Estarossa being able to. The stone was probably produced by magic and thus, maybe not actual stone. Mel did fail to Full Counter any of Dolor's attacks, though, to be fair, he didn't attempt to. Plus there was the Water Ball that King created and controlled with Magic that he couldn't reflect.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't see that happening. Mainly because I don't see Diane's physical ability jumping to Dolor's level that quickly, if at all. Her magic? Sure. It'll probably even be higher than Dolor's.

I'm leaning towards Mel being unable to, and Estarossa being able to. The stone was probably produced by magic and thus, maybe not actual stone. Mel did fail to Full Counter any of Dolor's attacks, though, to be fair, he didn't attempt to. Plus there was the Water Ball that King created and controlled with Magic that he couldn't reflect.
I guess meliodas can´t repel Disaster Enchanced stuff?

Also lets be real, if Hiro allowed, King would be the most broken character of the manga: Small cut? DISASTER. Its not a fatal wound.
Small Cloths of fat in your bloodstream (looking at you hawk)?DISASTER. Boom stroke.
Plus his petryfing attack...which I don´t know if demos could heal from...we have seen limb retachement and regeneration from bone (Derrie vs Eliz), but I dunno if they could regen (pure regen, not spend energy using dark matter to cover it) something complety cut of.