Favorites - Rave vs Fairy Tail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Rave vs Fairy Tail

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ok since we are at the end of Fairy Tail, i'm very curious to hear what you guys and girls think. What do you prefer, Rave or Fairy Tail, what is your favorite thing from each series. I'll immediately say that Rave Master is one of my favorite manga of all time, and in my opinion it is superior to Fairy Tail. But I'd like to hear your opinion and your favorites form each series. It's my first thread so be gentle. Also possible spoilers for anyone who didn't read Rave.

Rave and Fairy Tail
This is my own:

Rave vs Fairy Tail
World Building: Rave
Story: Rave
Characters: Rave
Villains: Rave
Jellal or Sieghart: Sieghart
Haru or Natsu: Haru
Lucy or Elie: Lucy
Musica or Gray: Musica
Tower of Heaven Arc(Rave) or Tower of Heaven Arc(Fairy Tail): Rave

Rave
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.): Sieghart and Shuda
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.): Gale, Doryu and Reina
Favorite arc: Mermaind's perril arc, Tower of Heaven(Din) arc, Thruth of Elie arc, Blue guardians arc (in no order) --> cant pick because all are great

Fairy Tail
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.): Zeref, Jellal
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.): Zeref, Jellal, Mard Geer
Favorite arc: Tower of Heaven

Overall Fairy Tail or Rave: Rave

Last edited:

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Ok, this will be a very unbalanced opinion xD but despite that Fairy Tail is my favorite manga, but I make the specification of what is favorite for me and when a story is good, as on this occasion.

Rave vs Fairy Tail

World Building: Rave
Story: Rave FAR AWAY
Characters: Rave
Villains: Rave FAR AWAY
Jellal or Sieghart: Sieghart*
*For my, Sieghart is the best character created by Mashima so far and is one of the best structured characters for me from a manga shounen. Each interaction of it is simply epic.

Haru or Natsu: Haru
Lucy or Elie: Lucy Heartfilia
Musica or Gray: Both
Tower of Heaven Arc(Rave) or Tower of Heaven Arc(Fairy Tail): Fairy Tail (It´s my favorite Fairy Tail Arc Far)

Rave
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.):

- Sieghart Very far, he is in general my fauvorite character of a Shounen Manga.
- Lucia Raregroove
- Yuma Ansect, This character makes me laugh so much xD
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.):
- Doryu
- Reina
- Lucia Raregroove
Favorite arc:
- The Past Arc:
This is the best arc created by mashima and at the same time the best I've seen, this is one of the best examples of making an epic arc without having to spend more than 100 chapters, that bow made me cry enough and more that final.
In fact it's the best bow I've ever seen in a manga shounen of action, everything that happens when you see it the first time is unexpectedly epic.
- Doryu Arc:This arc I like quite a bit because of the maturity of Haru, in addition to so many things happen, it hurts that you can not say without applying spoiler, but it is very enjoyable.
- Blue Guardians: Of this arc I do not remember well, but I know that it is very good, one of the most suspense in this dramatic manga.
I missed an extra.
- The dance Arc is a beauty, both the history and the art applied by mashima in this story is simply beautiful

Fairy Tail
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.):

- Zeref
- Mystogan
- Ultear
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.):
- Jose Porla
- Master Hades/Purehito
- Ultear Milkovich
Favorite arc:
- Tower of Heaven

Overall Fairy Tail or Rave:
Rave Master, but I say it again, Fairy Tail is my favorite manga.

Last edited:

Will.bb

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Rave vs Fairy Tail
World Building: Fairy Tail
Story: Fairy Tail
Characters: Fairy Tail
Villains: Fairy Tail
Jellal or Sieghart: Jellal
Haru or Natsu: Natsu
Lucy or Elie: Lucy
Musica or Gray: Musica

Rave
Overall favorite character : Haru, Reina
Favorite villain : Seighart and Reina
Favorite arc: Thruth of Elie arc.

Fairy Tail
Overall favorite character : Lucy, Minerva (back in gmg) and Mirajane
Favorite villain : Acno, August and Dimaria
Favorite arc: Tartaros and Tenrou Island

Overall Fairy Tail or Rave: Fairy Tail

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
World Building: Neither

Story: Fairy tail has the better beginning but Rave has the better ending. Chapter 1 of fairy tail is really strong. Fairy tails strongest arcs were around beginning and in middle while the first strong arc of Rave was Tower of Djinn but it's really awesome arcs were after Lucia was introduced.

Characters: They are the same..... They are just executed differently because their roles are different otherwise why do we have questions like...
Jellal or Sieg? Sieg
Haru or Natsu? Natsu
Elle or Lucy? Lucy
Musica or Gray? Musica
Let or Laxus? Let
Shuda or Gajeel? Both ^_^
Julia or Erza? Julia
Bellnika or Wendy? .....?
Shiba or Makarov? Shiba

Villains: Rave had better villains that were villains while fairy tail has a lot of redeemed villains but early Mashima said he wrote fairy tail so you would understand the villains motives. So I think Fairy tail has villains that are better characters but Rave has better villains that are actual villains.
So Irene the Scarlet Despair is a better character than Jiero of Despair but I enjoyed Jiero's battle with Julia and Bellnika better and her breaking out of the ice which set her automatically at odds with Julia's fire without family drama. And Lucia was a better story antagonist but Zeref was a better character.

Which Tower Arc? I dunno. Rave's had more plot relevancy and everyone played a part. Fairy tail's was more devoted to Erza but it had really epic moments.

Favorites
Top 3 character in Rave: 1. Sieg, 2.Shuda, 3.Let (All are my husbando's)

Top 3 characters in Fairy tail: Lucy, Lucy, Lucy (Wait? I can't vote 3 times.... Lucy, Ultear, Zeref then)

Favorite villains of Rave: Hardner, Lucia, King, Deep Snow, Haja, Shuda, Reina, Shakuma, and Lets love rival (can't remember his name) who's girl died the same chapter he met her

Favorite villains of Fairy tail: Lyon, Gajeel, Juvia, Totamaru, Jose, Jellal, Ikaruga, Freed, Cobra, Sorano, Midnight, Knightwalker, Meredy, Caprico, Rustyrose, Ultear, Hades, Zancrow, Azuma, Zeref, The original dragon Acnologia, Minerva, Sting and Rogue, Flare, Rufus, Geoffrey, Future Rogue, Jackal, Seliah, Kyoka, Silver, Mard, Brandish, God Serena, Dimaria, Bradman, Larcade, Irene, August

Favorite Arcs (Rave): 1) Time travel arc; 2) Hardner Arc, 3) Final Battles (HM to Doryuu arc and Tower of Djnn arcs)

Favorite Arcs (FT): 1) Tenrou, 2) Phantom Lord, 3) Tartaros (HM to Zero, ToH, FF, and OS)

Overall: Fairy tail. Rave had a more focused plot with a clear ending. While FT may troll with the story a lot, it's has really great moments and more diversity. Plus there is only a handful of things in Rave that hasn't been done in fairy tail. And FT has Lucy..... Clearly the winner in my eyes.

We should ask the real questions tho...

Best fight in Rave or FT?
Best ship....? (Mwhahahaha)

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
World Building: Neither

Story: Fairy tail has the better beginning but Rave has the better ending. Chapter 1 of fairy tail is really strong. Fairy tails strongest arcs were around beginning and in middle while the first strong arc of Rave was Tower of Djinn but it's really awesome arcs were after Lucia was introduced.

Characters: They are the same..... They are just executed differently because their roles are different otherwise why do we have questions like...
Jellal or Sieg? Sieg
Haru or Natsu? Natsu
Elle or Lucy? Lucy
Musica or Gray? Musica
Let or Laxus? Let
Shuda or Gajeel? Both ^_^
Julia or Erza? Julia
Bellnika or Wendy? .....?
Shiba or Makarov? Shiba

Villains: Rave had better villains that were villains while fairy tail has a lot of redeemed villains but early Mashima said he wrote fairy tail so you would understand the villains motives. So I think Fairy tail has villains that are better characters but Rave has better villains that are actual villains.
So Irene the Scarlet Despair is a better character than Jiero of Despair but I enjoyed Jiero's battle with Julia and Bellnika better and her breaking out of the ice which set her automatically at odds with Julia's fire without family drama. And Lucia was a better story antagonist but Zeref was a better character.

Which Tower Arc? I dunno. Rave's had more plot relevancy and everyone played a part. Fairy tail's was more devoted to Erza but it had really epic moments.

Favorites
Top 3 character in Rave: 1. Sieg, 2.Shuda, 3.Let (All are my husbando's)

Top 3 characters in Fairy tail: Lucy, Lucy, Lucy (Wait? I can't vote 3 times.... Lucy, Ultear, Zeref then)

Favorite villains of Rave: Hardner, Lucia, King, Deep Snow, Haja, Shuda, Reina, Shakuma, and Lets love rival (can't remember his name) who's girl died the same chapter he met her

Favorite villains of Fairy tail: Lyon, Gajeel, Juvia, Totamaru, Jose, Jellal, Ikaruga, Freed, Cobra, Sorano, Midnight, Knightwalker, Meredy, Caprico, Rustyrose, Ultear, Hades, Zancrow, Azuma, Zeref, The original dragon Acnologia, Minerva, Sting and Rogue, Flare, Rufus, Geoffrey, Future Rogue, Jackal, Seliah, Kyoka, Silver, Mard, Brandish, God Serena, Dimaria, Bradman, Larcade, Irene, August

Favorite Arcs (Rave): 1) Time travel arc; 2) Hardner Arc, 3) Final Battles (HM to Doryuu arc and Tower of Djnn arcs)

Favorite Arcs (FT): 1) Tenrou, 2) Phantom Lord, 3) Tartaros (HM to Zero, ToH, FF, and OS)

Overall: Fairy tail. Rave had a more focused plot with a clear ending. While FT may troll with the story a lot, it's has really great moments and more diversity. Plus there is only a handful of things in Rave that hasn't been done in fairy tail. And FT has Lucy..... Clearly the winner in my eyes.

We should ask the real questions tho...

Best fight in Rave or FT?
Best ship....? (Mwhahahaha)
Cool. I saw many posts on forums, reddit, wiki and so on .... where people were comparing Rave and Fairy Tail characters, so i wanted to include something like that in this thread. Well i limited it to four characters so that it is not too much of this. Like you said, they are basically the same characters, but i wanted to know which do you preffer, and which character was handled better in his manga. Like for me, Sieghart and Jellal are the same characters, but Sieghart was far more epic and a better character overall than his Fairy Tail counterpart.
Best fight in Rave or FT and best ship .... haha i had those questions in the first version of this thread, but i removed them later, because i thought it would be too much. I had like, best fight, top epic moment, most emotional moment and best ship (i think).
If you want, you can freely add:
RAVE:
Best fight:
Best ship:

FAIRY TAIL :
Best fight:
Best ship:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Cool. I saw many posts on forums, reddit, wiki and so on .... where people were comparing Rave and Fairy Tail characters, so i wanted to include something like that in this thread. Well i limited it to four characters so that it is not too much of this. Like you said, they are basically the same characters, but i wanted to know which do you preffer, and which character was handled better in his manga. Like for me, Sieghart and Jellal are the same characters, but Sieghart was far more epic and a better character overall than his Fairy Tail counterpart.
Best fight in Rave or FT and best ship .... haha i had those questions in the first version of this thread, but i removed them later, because i thought it would be too much. I had like, best fight, top epic moment, most emotional moment and best ship (i think).
If you want, you can freely add:
RAVE:
Best fight:
Best ship:

FAIRY TAIL :
Best fight:
Best ship:
Well I as reverse writing some of your format to make a point and yes.... Sieg was a dramatically better character with top notch execution but his role was different. Jellal was way more of a villain than Sieg hart was and when Jellal came back it was more as the role of Erza's broody boyfriend like Angel on Buffy. While Sieg was more his own character (probably because he was Elle's secondary love interest) and he had such an amazing sacrifice. And that's with all the characters..... Julia was more of Let's gf who was a strong female in her own right while Erza is literally the strong female of the series. Elle was held back magic wise until the Hardner arc and she got a really cool plot twist near the end. Lucy on the other hand was just kept behind everyone as she's got good development every arc (except Tenrou).

And the villains thing..... I can't decide because my mood changes too much to name 3-4. Sometimes I like certain traits better of central arc bosses and their relevancy and other times I like simplicity of people like Azuma or Flare.

Best fight (Rave): Sieg vs Haja
Best fight (Fairy tail): I dunno (between Natsu vs Gajeel, Lucy vs Tartaros, Erza vs Midnight); I feel with tha manga ending we should have a tournament for best fight of the series

Best ship (Rave): Julia x Let
(Hm to Sieg x Elle and Nagisa x Musica)

Best ship (Fairy tail): Natsu x Lucy
(Hm to Jellal x Erza)

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Last edited:

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
FT all fields.

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Rave vs Fairy Tail
World Building: DRAW (less places, more details for Rave and more places and a bit less details for Fairy Tail)
Story: Rave
Characters: Fairy Tail (despite the great amount of flaws, FT takes the cake because of its memorable characters)
Villains: Rave
Jellal or Sieghart: Sieghart
Haru or Natsu: Haru (100% HIM!!!)
Lucy or Elie: Elie (possessing Etherion and saving the world... only her!)
Musica or Gray: DRAW (I think both of them are good and have so much to tell about their lives)

Rave
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.): Sieghart and Shuda
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.): Gale, Shakuma and Lucia/Endless.
Favorite arc: Truth of Elie and Final Battle.

Fairy Tail
Overall favorite character (you can make it top 3.): GAJEEL, Wendy and Juvia.
Favorite villain (you can make it top 3.): ACNOLOGIA, Irene and Mard Geer.
Favorite arc: Tartaros and Phantom Lord.
Overall: Rave.

Last edited: