Semifinal - Reinhard van Astrea vs. Vegeta | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Reinhard van Astrea vs. Vegeta

Who wins?

• Reinhard van Astrea

• Vegeta

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well best of luck for both of us @Sachsenhesse o/

I've been developing on the topic of Reinhard's skills over the course of the tournament. He's on a league of his own when it comes to hax and overcoming his opponent so I firmly believe he deserves to reach the Final.

I dont see what Vegeta could do against him in a serious battle as Rein can go around anything Vegeta tries. The saiyan's best cards are Hakai and Spirit Fission, and both would not be enough:

- Reinhard has inmortality, as he can respawn if his opponent (somehow) manages to kill him. Hakai cannot destroy immortal souls so its straight up ineffective. Besides Hakai is an energy that can be blocked, resisted, avoided and nullified, its really not that impressive.
- Reinhard's power doesn't rely on other people's energy or fusion, it doesnt even rely on his blessings (it is confirmed he would be as powerful without them). For that reason Spirit Fission doesn't take effect either.

As for the rest of Vegeta's abilities, none can go around Rein's defences. He's basically impossible to surpass in a contest of strength.

I can only hope popularity doesn't become a deciding factor for the match. As always, if there are any questions or doubts about the red-head I will answer gladly. :hi

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Vegeta hakais Reinhard to oblivion. In fact, he's already killed someone with similar powers in fuck no, I've already voted for Reinhard.

Though I do have to ask. How would Reinhard be as strong without his blessings as he is with them? Has this been addressed in the twenty pages of discussion from the previous battle threads?

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wait until tomorrow. I made a post on my workdesk, why exactly Vegeta would obliterate your champion. 😎 But best of luck to you too.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Vegeta hakais Reinhard to oblivion. In fact, he's already killed someone with similar powers in fuck no, I've already voted for Reinhard.

Though I do have to ask. How would Reinhard be as strong without his blessings as he is with them? Has this been addressed in the twenty pages of discussion from the previous battle threads?
His raw power and skill are the same without his blessings, the blessings are there for him to fight Authorities. (From the first Q&A with the author).
There are in-story feats for it too if you want them, spoilers tho.

Wait until tomorrow. I made a post on my workdesk, why exactly Vegeta would obliterate your champion. 😎 But best of luck to you too.
As long as the argument is convincing, good.

Careful tho, Im well versed on DragonBall so choose your arguments wisely. :lambirb

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
His raw power and skill are the same without his blessings, the blessings are there for him to fight Authorities. (From the first Q&A with the author).
Give it to me.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Reinhard is immortal and Hakai don't work on immortals so

Yeah voting for Reinhard here in this match.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Reinhard is immortal and Hakai don't work on immortals so

Yeah voting for Reinhard here in this match.
He's not really immortal though. He respawns once (and has that buff refreshed each time). He ages like anybody else and can and will eventually die. So I feel like Hakai would probably work if he could hit him with it. I don't know Dragon Ball Super much at all. So I'll wait to hear and explinations. If it's like a punch or a projectile it won't work obviously.

There is another way Vegeta could win but it would be something I don't think he would believably have have the knowledge to know to do. That would be blow up the planet he was standing on. Or enough of it that Reinhard would end up in space. Where without air, food, and water he would die and respawn over and over again until his blessing of the sword saint moved on to somebody else or he dies of old age. Vegeta could just move on and forget about him and win eventually. Or go find and destroy the source of his blessings. Which physically exists in the form of a crystal at the center of world supposedly. Problem is he would have no way of knowing to do any of that. Unless he blew up the world by accident but that's more of a Goku move.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He's not really immortal though. He respawns once (and has that buff refreshed each time). He ages like anybody else and can and will eventually die. So I feel like Hakai would probably work if he could hit him with it. I don't know Dragon Ball Super much at all. So I'll wait to hear and explinations. If it's like a punch or a projectile it won't work obviously.

There is another way Vegeta could win but it would be something I don't think he would believably have have the knowledge to know to do. That would be blow up the planet he was standing on. Or enough of it that Reinhard would end up in space. Where without air, food, and water he would die and respawn over and over again until his blessing of the sword saint moved on to somebody else or he dies of old age. Vegeta could just move on and forget about him and win eventually. Or go find and destroy the source of his blessings. Which physically exists in the form of a crystal at the center of world supposedly. Problem is he would have no way of knowing to do any of that. Unless he blew up the world by accident but that's more of a Goku move.
Hakai doesn't work on immortals. I thought it was BS since it was implied to be some kind of existence erasure move but yes it was stated in the DBS manga.

With this it became no different from the usual Ki blasts.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hakai doesn't work on immortals. I thought it was BS since it was implied to be some kind of existence erasure move but yes it was stated in the DBS manga.

With this it became no different from the usual Ki blasts.
Yeah, but Reinhard isn't immortal. He only ever has a buff that bring him back after he dies, one time(which is renewed) In the process of dying he's the same as anybody else. He ages. All of that of that.

Divine Protection of Phoenix isn't actually immortality. It's something that happens after he dies. Immortality is the ability to live forever. Reinhard does not have that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though it needs to be said that Reinhard does have a ton of evasion abilities, so it needs to not be something that he believably couldn't dodge. And isn't a projectile(beams might still work as they are not projectiles). Something that can kill him permanently can't really do that if he doesn't get hit in the first place.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
One final flash and Reinhart ends up in the far reaches of space, because Vegeta is a nice guy and doesn't kill planets anymore. Can Reinhart survive in space?

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Geets throws him into outer space
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

As long as the argument is convincing, good.

Careful tho, Im well versed on DragonBall so choose your arguments wisely. :lambirb
😂😂😂😂😂 lol at well versed in db

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Can Rein survive in space?
Yes that was a question i was thinking about during the Aladdin fight. Turns out he can lol as stated by the author.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Can Rein survive in space?
Yes that was a question i was thinking about during the Aladdin fight. Turns out he can lol as stated by the author.
the thing is can he teleport out space

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't want to comment too much for now since the nominators haven't posted much but Saiyans themselves can't breathe in space... Unless there has been an update in the recent chapters I haven't read yet.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain

No, Reinhard is immortal as his soul cannot be overwritten or erased by Authorities (as I explained last round vs Aladdin). He gets to wish for DP of the Phoenix even when he's "dead" because of this. Od Laguna doesn't let Rein die until he decides to die permanently.
Hakai is a "type" of energy tho, its not even absolute and can be countered with normal energy, dodged and resisted. It only ereases the target if Hakai is way stronger than it.

Also as Val pointed out, Rein can perfectly survive in space, something that Vegeta can't do btw. The one bound by oxygen here is the Saiyan.
Reinhard would not blow up a planet to win tho, he doesn't need to.

Give it to me.
In one of the IF stories that the author releases every April Fools, Reinhard fought against an opponent that Reid recognized as worthy without the use of his blessings and restraining his power to not destroy the place. He still won, yet he got several wounds for the lack of protections/evasion hax.

In the main story line he fought this same opponent normally without handicaps and Reinhard stomped. It is as the author said, the Divine Blessings/Protections are there for Reinhard to fight the ones with "cheat powers"

One final flash and Reinhart ends up in the far reaches of space, because Vegeta is a nice guy and doesn't kill planets anymore. Can Reinhart survive in space?
Final Flash redirects itself to avoid Reinhard for being a ranged attack.

Also, why is it such a common argument for DB character battles to have the opponent stand still and do nothing to counter stuff? That it happens in DragonBall doesn't mean other characters will stand still and cross their arms.

Reinhard can slash through anything Vegeta tries too, this match is just not in the saiyan's league.

the thing is can he teleport out space
Reinhard doesn't have teleportation, just like Vegeta tho so I dont understand the point.
As I know what you are going to say, Vegeta said that he cannot use Instant Transmission anymore after doing it one time, but Im sure you knew that. :lambirb/

Reinhard doesn't need to teleport out of space anyway, he can just keep fighting there while Vegeta can't.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Final Flash redirects itself to avoid Reinhard for being a ranged attack.

Also, why is it such a common argument for DB character battles to have the opponent stand still and do nothing to counter stuff? That it happens in DragonBall doesn't mean other characters will stand still and cross their arms.

Reinhard can slash through anything Vegeta tries too, this match is just not in the saiyan's league.
Is it a common argument? I haven't seen anyone here say it. As for me, I simply haven't seen anything from Reinhard that would suggest it matters if Reinhard stays still or not, are his attacks planet level? Can he hurt Vegeta? And are all his blessings active at the same time? Or does he get different blessings for each battle?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is it a common argument? I haven't seen anyone here say it. As for me, I simply haven't seen anything from Reinhard that would suggest it matters if Reinhard stays still or not, are his attacks planet level? Can he hurt Vegeta? And are all his blessings active at the same time? Or does he get different blessings for each battle?
Reinhard has a series of base blessings that make him untouchable for the likes of Vegeta. His attacks destroy on a conceptual level, which is something way beyond what DB characters are capable of except maybe Zeno.

His blessings are always active unless he wants to lower them. He can also wish instantly for any blessing that he needs during combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.