- Joined
- Mar 16, 2007
- Messages
- 189
- Reaction score
- 94
- Age
- 40
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hi, I haven't posted here for a while but fell compelled to add my opinion about, Sanji.
While I agree in some parts about the negative aspects of Sanji after the time skip, I think some have missed a few details about his capabilities.
It was mentioned, that Sanji couldn't use armament Haki, to which I disagree. In fact, the fight versus Judge is the first time after the time skip that he used it, as far as I know.
Sanji blocked the spear with his foot, and Judge mentioned him using Haki. We haven't seen a close up of his legs, but he's got black pants, so...
and here he takes the tip of the spear full on, without any leg injury.
Someone else also said that Sanji is not a speedster perse, and the difference in speed is negligible, to which I also disagree. It's not just that he's more mobile with his skywalk, he's also definitely faster than most of his comrades except Luffy with Gear 2 and this will be the his core fighting style in the future. We can see this when he was attacking Oven. He didn't want to be found out but also wanted to rescue Chiffons father and appeared in front of Oven, without Oven even able to see ehat had hit him. Oven is below the level of a commander, but he's capable nonetheless. Everything happened in a blink of an eye.
I'm also disappointed with Sanji's recent fights, but I also agree some of those were for story reasons. There's no way Sanji won't be one of the strongest Pirates at the end of One Piece, we're all just a bit impatient. I'm sure that he will fight one of the calamities and will shine and improve. Everyone have their badass movements and Sanji's will surely come again.
While I agree in some parts about the negative aspects of Sanji after the time skip, I think some have missed a few details about his capabilities.
It was mentioned, that Sanji couldn't use armament Haki, to which I disagree. In fact, the fight versus Judge is the first time after the time skip that he used it, as far as I know.
Sanji blocked the spear with his foot, and Judge mentioned him using Haki. We haven't seen a close up of his legs, but he's got black pants, so...
and here he takes the tip of the spear full on, without any leg injury.
Someone else also said that Sanji is not a speedster perse, and the difference in speed is negligible, to which I also disagree. It's not just that he's more mobile with his skywalk, he's also definitely faster than most of his comrades except Luffy with Gear 2 and this will be the his core fighting style in the future. We can see this when he was attacking Oven. He didn't want to be found out but also wanted to rescue Chiffons father and appeared in front of Oven, without Oven even able to see ehat had hit him. Oven is below the level of a commander, but he's capable nonetheless. Everything happened in a blink of an eye.
I'm also disappointed with Sanji's recent fights, but I also agree some of those were for story reasons. There's no way Sanji won't be one of the strongest Pirates at the end of One Piece, we're all just a bit impatient. I'm sure that he will fight one of the calamities and will shine and improve. Everyone have their badass movements and Sanji's will surely come again.

.
