Fantasy - Sanji vs. Sai | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Sanji vs. Sai

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Its time for an interesting fight.

Both are martial arts user who deal the most damage with their feet and excel at this. I think most guys will tend to Sanji but dont forget that Sais kick is equal to a hakicoated gear3 attack. (Don Chinjaos head) Also sai has shown to be quite fast and skilled against the last technique of Lao G. Even Zoro stated he will remember him just in case something happens.

So how would a fight between these both end?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure to be honest. Based on what we saw during the corrida fight it would logically be sanji who wins. However his kick is in fact powerful and sanji has yet to display haki hardening. I wonder if the headbutt sai blocked was actually as powerful as it would have been otherwise. Chinjao was after all tired and had hardly recovered from luffy's fight. So while sai's kick was powerful it perhaps was not quite enough to face chinjao's head at its full power. In that scenario I would still go for sanji. It should also be plausible that sai's kick is indeed powerful enough to take out sanji while sanji is actually too fast for the kick to ever land regardless of the circumstances.

Ricko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice matchup !

I think Sai is now more powerfull and efficient in Haki for attack :

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/771/19
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/772/5

Sanji never show this kind of feat, and I don't think he will, massive destruction doesn't fit to him like for Zorro and Luffy.

But I give the fight for Sanji, for he got better fighting skill and abilty, and not to say that he's faster !
And I think that Sanji is more resilient too !

But we have yet to see a good fight of Sanji for the moment he didn't have good matchup.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Would go for sanji here. Even DD complemented his kicks and used Hali to block them which does show how impressive Sanji. Sanji was also marching Haki kicks from vergo despite having a broken leg, Nami accumulating some damage and fatigue while in his body and apparently not using Haki himself. Even though we haven't seen much from Sanji, those two are impressive enough to warrant a victory over Sai. Also, Sanji is too fast and has skywalk along with CoO to successfully evade majority of not all of Sai's kicks (those I suppose he'd match his kicks just because). It's not going to be a walk in the park for Sanji but it's not going to be that difficult for him either.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
As for the fighting technique Sai was also trained for years to achieve his current skill. The Shockwaves he creates are also not a joke if the legs clash, i think Sai is the superior. As for the distance i dont think Sanji will always run away and attack from the distance, he should be to proud of his skills to do so, it will become a closecombat match. Sai has been shown to block an opponents attack and immediatly counterattack with his strongest attack against Lao G. Sanji on the otherhand can normally kick faster, so in my opinion it would be decided by how many kicks Sanji can land before Sai can land his devastating attack.

Currently i´m going with Sai here. But that can change with a good opponent for our cook.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nice matchup !

I think Sai is now more powerfull and efficient in Haki for attack :

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/771/19
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/772/5

Sanji never show this kind of feat, and I don't think he will, massive destruction doesn't fit to him like for Zorro and Luffy.

But I give the fight for Sanji, for he got better fighting skill and abilty, and not to say that he's faster !
And I think that Sanji is more resilient too !

But we have yet to see a good fight of Sanji for the moment he didn't have good matchup.
Power of that sort and more fits sanji perfectly. He is the third strongest in the crew, his eventual job is to hold back admirals. And he has already used attacks of that magnitude in the past, the issue is that he did it against a weak foe.
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/646/11

Sanji simply hasn't had a proper chance to show his actual power so far. Even in punk hazard when he faced vergo he was in a weakened state and doflamingo was simply too much stronger than him (which to an extent was also the case with luffy and law except that they managed to draw out the fight).

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As for the fighting technique Sai was also trained for years to achieve his current skill. The Shockwaves he creates are also not a joke if the legs clash, i think Sai is the superior. As for the distance i dont think Sanji will always run away and attack from the distance, he should be to proud of his skills to do so, it will become a closecombat match. Sai has been shown to block an opponents attack and immediatly counterattack with his strongest attack against Lao G. Sanji on the otherhand can normally kick faster, so in my opinion it would be decided by how many kicks Sanji can land before Sai can land his devastating attack.

Currently i´m going with Sai here. But that can change with a good opponent for our cook.
Well Sai was fighting evenly with ideo (who was defeated a bit easily by dellinger) while sanji was matching vergo despite having broken bodies and a slightly wounded body and without using haki. Also, zoro may have acknowledged sai's skills but he regularly competes with Sanji as rivals (sort of). Sai's kick may or may not be stronger but odds are sanji can kick fast and strong enough to defeat him without the former getting to land the killer kick. Even then, sanji has a high tolerance for pain seeing as he continued fighting hardened vergo with a broken leg. Sai breaking his leg probably wouldn't be enough to win.

Tonix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji definitely would have asked Baby 5 to marry him faster, so I give this win to Sanji in my books :p

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I don't think these two are even close. The difference between these two is probably comparably to the difference between one of the regular execs and the top execs. Sanji hasn't had the opportunity to show much during the most recent arcs, but even the little he's shown puts him beyond Sai.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'd like to believe that Sanji is stronger because he didn't show much either just like Zoro, so I'd go with Sanji IMO

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
As sad as it is, I'd say that lord Sai's got this one, I mean:

*he beat Chinjao with his restored head-shape in one kick that destroyed a huge piece of land showing a level of strenght Sanji never displayed in any of his fights
*Sai has the edge in the haki department plus he uses some kind of vibrations that would smash Sanji's organs
*Sai gets some Baby 5 puh while Sanji is still not getting any (and probably never will)

All in all Sai destroys. Another loss for Sanji post time-skip...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, sai beat chinjao but there is the consideration that chinjao was far from full strength. Even he made the point that he had not recovered from fighting luffy. And when he fought luffy he did not even register in luffy's radar. In turn with sanji even doflamingo made the point that sanji is pretty strong. Sai is a glass cannon at best.

Nonlife

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, we' might as well wait to see what improvement both of these "kickboxers" will make by the time the Strawhat Alliance is called upon to aid in the upcoming battle with Kaido - or whomever in the near future. (Hopefully by then, Sanji will gain some new technique over his battle with the Big Mom pirates.)

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
sai is stronger , his haki attacks have large scale that destroyed big part of the royal plateau.
Sai even knocked out a 500 million berry man with his kick. Sanji got his legs broken against vergo

Eiyuu Yami

Reaction score
Country
Austria
That's not even close, tbh.

Sanji is comparable to the Vergo, Smoker, Daifuku and the likes while Sai is more comparable to Gladius, Machvise, Lao-G and the likes.

Sanji mid diffs at worst.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That's not even close, tbh.

Sanji is comparable to the Vergo, Smoker, Daifuku and the likes while Sai is more comparable to Gladius, Machvise, Lao-G and the likes.

Sanji mid diffs at worst.
Comparable in what way?
He has shown he is below the people you have listed!

Eiyuu Yami

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Comparable in what way?
He has shown he is below the people you have listed!
He is below the likes of the veterans? :yodawg

He was literally handling the Vets without DJ, showed AP comparable to G3-Luffy, outspeeded Vergo in CqC, and tanked Judge's spear attack with only his invisible Haki. (For reference, Luffy was bleeding against Hody despite using his invisible Haki)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Armament kick vs. armament kick? Sai wins, hands down if we go by Chinjao's haki head hype

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
He is below the likes of the veterans? :yodawg

He was literally handling the Vets without DJ, showed AP comparable to G3-Luffy, outspeeded Vergo in CqC, and tanked Judge's spear attack with only his invisible Haki. (For reference, Luffy was bleeding against Hody despite using his invisible Haki)
I dont even get what your trying to say, can you say your words and not assume we all know whats going on in your head!

since when was getting a beating "handling" anything?
Also there is no such thing as invisible haki, and tanking something from Judge is no feat, the guy is pretty weak, Luffy was underwater and he even stated he was losing strength, so him taking damage from Hodi is understandable.

what is this AP feat comparable to G3 please explain

Eiyuu Yami

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I dont even get what your trying to say, can you say your words and not assume we all know whats going on in your head!
My humblest apologies for assuming you actually read Sanji's feats in the Manga before starting a discussion here.

since when was getting a beating "handling" anything?
Kek. First you tell me to specify my statements and now you toss something like "getting a beating" into the discussion without specifying it.... Irony much?

1. This is Oven after receiving one base kick from Sanji.

2. This oversized Daifuku getting his attack easily blocked with a no named attack.

Also there is no such thing as invisible haki,
Wtf... :fail

Read Luffy vs Pacifista again and you'll see there's 2 type of CoA.

The invisible one and the Buso:Koka (Hardening).

tanking something from Judge is no feat,
Wtf *again*.

the guy is pretty weak
Same Judge that stalled Snack, the former sweet commander, for several hours? Geez.

what is this AP feat comparable to G3 please explain