Discussion - SERIES ALL TIME BATTLE RATING (ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion SERIES ALL TIME BATTLE RATING (ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!)

Do you want a shipping rate?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not hating on the list, but why is DS vs Dorma Anim no included? It's the first DS group battle against a "dragon". And their final combo was one of the most satisfying ending in the series. A combined efforts of the three and not the normal "Natsu" ends the fight.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not hating on the list, but why is DS vs Dorma Anim no included? It's the first DS group battle against a "dragon". And their final combo was one of the most satisfying ending in the series. A combined efforts of the three and not the normal "Natsu" ends the fight.
I think it falls under World vs Acnologia

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I didn't enjoy this fight against Dorma Anima that much, maybe because the arc itself was imo less enjoyable than most other arcs, and because the king was such a scumbag.

Kyuchan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Voted for Lucy and Juvia vs Bidaldus but my favorite battle is Lucy vs Jackal :amuse

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I voted for Elfman vs Bacchus, think this fight from that list is better than others. No BS, no POF, no Natsu, no main characters. Only two men were fighting for two girls. Beautiful moment
:jacko

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Voted for Lucy and Juvia vs Bidaldus but my favorite battle is Lucy vs Jackal :amuse
Well Lucy vs Jackal is in the list that you send in, not the one you vote for at the top. It's included under the Lucy vs Tartaros battle.

And just a reminder to people who vote for the poll at the top of this thread. That's only one part. The scores for the battle ranking have to PM'd to @Gryffindor.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Dorma Anim was the final boss of the Edolas arc, beats a lot of the fights on the actual list imo, especially the trash from the Alvarez arc.
Oh sorry, didn't have coffee when I wrote that post :D That was a good fight but sadly forgettable.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Dorma Anim was the final boss of the Edolas arc, beats a lot of the fights on the actual list imo, especially the trash from the Alvarez arc.
I dont think that fight should even be compared to the 90% of fights in alvarez arc. It took 3 DS at there absolute best (you can even say they were pushed beyond there limits) to beat this guy. I think this would be most underrated fight of the series, its talked about less probably because edolas arc was dragged on long.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I dont think that fight should even be compared to the 90% of fights in alvarez arc. It took 3 DS at there absolute best (you can even say they were pushed beyond there limits) to beat this guy. I think this would be most underrated fight of the series, its talked about less probably because edolas arc was dragged on long.
I always see Edolas arc as the Sky Piea arc in One Piece.

Dorma vs DS is what Acno vs DS should have been handled but 10x more epic.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always see Edolas arc as the Sky Piea arc in One Piece.

Dorma vs DS is what Acno vs DS should have been handled but 10x more epic.
I think the way acnologia was made super OP especailly even more powerfull after coming and absorbing the runes, even acnologia vs DS. would have been a mismatch. I think dragons like igneel and parent dragons and irene and zeref shoild have played more active roles with DS to bring down acnologia. Acnologia was always made out to be out of reach from other mages in the series.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think the way acnologia was made super OP especailly even more powerfull after coming and absorbing the runes, even acnologia vs DS. would have been a mismatch. I think dragons like igneel and parent dragons and irene and zeref shoild have played more active roles with DS to bring down acnologia. Acnologia was always made out to be out of reach from other mages in the series.
If Natsu had the last power thing I would think so would the other first generations? :s

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
They shouldn't have made Acnologia eat the runes in the first place imo. He was already too op as he is even before receiving a power up. Unless the DS gets a major power up as well like how Naruto and Sasuke all of a sudden became the reincarnations of the Six Path's sons. They made an even more powered up Acnologia fight the DS who are all worn out fighting the Spriggans. One even just fought the Dragon Queen while the other fought freaking FH Zeref. How would you expect that to be a proper match lol..

Agree, Dragon Parents, Irene, Zeref, or even FH itself should have played more roles in the fight against Acno

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Hiro used Fairy Heart, One Magic, Dragonification, Gods (i.e. Ankhseram & Chronos) and E.N.D. right the ending would've been much more satisfying. He should've expanded on those subjects rather than shy away, and he should've paced himself better. The end was rushed like heck and he didn't even utilize the remaining chapters he had.