Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Kadaj_Kaze

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Re: Request Thread

May I ask how one types up Japanese text?
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Request Thread

1) Where do you guys get those doujins?
2) @ Maggeus: Was the page you sent us part of a greater doujin? plz post more ^ ^
3) What Kadaj asked (I think I've also asked that in some other thread, where though... oO' )
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Request Thread

Anax, these doujins were found at my Yamato FC at NarutoForums. I'm the one who posted them here... Kyuubi Naruto found his from his Databook.

I think you have to download a program for Japanese text...
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Request Thread

@ GK --> Well, Maggeus posted a doujin too and he said:

MaggeuS said:
Thanks a lot !
I guess that NJT was right too, she is single for the moment ( it's a stupid story, don't worry :p ), moreover, I loved the :
Naruto : SASUKE !!!! ^^
...so I hoped he'd tell me if that doujin was part of a series and if it was, that he would post some more here :tem

Generally though, this thread is AWESOME! :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Request Thread

Well, you can probably find more in the first post of my Yamato FC at NF - that doujin was there, too ;)
 

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
173
Reaction score
87
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Request Thread

Kadaj_Kaze said:
May I ask how one types up Japanese text?
What OS are you running?
 

4ghost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
592
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Request Thread

Can someone correct the flaws of my translation of the second databooks technical file key. I would appreciate it thanks.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c190/satetsu_sasori/?action=view&current=198-199.jpg

1> [秘伝] (忍術)
[secret] (ninjutsu)

2> 影首縛りの術 4> (攻 防 補) 6> { ー} 5> (遠 中 近)
kagekubi shibari no jutsu (attack, defence, supplemental) { ー } (far, medium, close)

3> 仲用者 奈良シカマル 奈良シカク
Users Nara Shikamaru Nara Shikaku


術の章 • 表の見方•

1) 術の系統
jutsu's system, family line; geological formation; lineage; ancestry;

系統 #1..... それぞれの術が対象者に与える効果別に, 術を 三タイプに分類
jutsu grouping #1...... The respective jutsu's are classified by the effect it gives, placing the jutsu's into three types

系統 #2...... その会得のために, 特殊な条件を要する術を三タイプに分類
jutsu grouping #2...... where special conditions are required to grasp these techniques, the jutsu is categorized into three types.

系統#1
忍術 体術 幻術
ninjutsu taijutsu genjutsu

系統#2
血継限界 秘伝 封印術
bloodline limit secret sealing jutsu

2) 術の名称
jutsu's name

3) 主な 術の仲用者
principal jutu's users (jutsu's main users)

4) 術のタイプ
jutsu type

術が発揮する効果を, それぞれ [攻撃] [防御] [補助] の三タイプに分類. 術によつては, アイコンが重複するものも存在する.
The jutsu's effect places it into respectively the three classifications of attack, defence, and support. Icons indicate where there exists effects that overlap.

攻) 対象者を直接攻撃し, その身にダメージを与える攻撃効果を発揮する術
a direct attack on the opponent where the jutsu inflicts bodily damage

防) 他者からの打撃及び, 術攻撃に対して, それらを防ぐ防御効果を発揮する術.
jutsu's which show the effect of defence prevents the jutsu attack, vis a vis, the shock from the opponents jutsu

補) 分身や幻術など, 戦況を有利に展開するための戦補助効果を発揮する術
with the effects of this jutsu, which is of the support type, an illusion is caused where an advantage can be gained over the opponent due to it

5)術の効果の 範囲
the techniques range of effect

その術が効果を発揮する距離 • 範囲を [遠] [中] [近] の三タイプに分類. (ただし術者の能力によすり, その範囲は変化する場合も
The distance of where the jutsu's effect reaches is classified into three ranges of far, medium, and close. The range changes according to the ability of the specialist.

遠) 遠距タイプで, その術の効果範囲が 0m~ 5m 以内のもの.
close range type this jutsu is effective within a 0m~5m range.

中) 中距タイプで, その術の効果範囲が 5m~10m 以内のもの.
medium range type this jutsu is effective within a 5m~10m range.

近) 近距タイプで, その術の効果範囲が 10m 以上のものを示している.
distant range type this type of jutsu is effective 10m and more.


6) 術の会得難易
understanding the difficulty of the jutsu

その術の会得難易を六段階に分類 (ただし,
The jutsu's level of difficulty is classifed into six stages. (however,

血継限界と秘伝に関しては, 会得の条件が物特
in regards to the bloodline limits and hidden/secret [jutsus, etc],

殊であるために { ー } でする)
since it is special/unique the classifiation of the jutsu's difficulty is denoted with a { ー }

S. 奥義 • 極意レベル
mysteries hidden purpose, essential point/main point

A. 禁術 • 超高等術レベル
Forbidden jutsu's • ultra high level jutsu's

B. 上忍レベル
Jounin Level

C. 中忍レベル
Chunin Level

D. 下忍レベル
Genin Level

E. 忍者学校レベル
Academey Student level

ー. 使用者の特異な能力による術
The technique due to the unique ability of the user

( 血継限界 • 秘伝など)
(bloodline limit • secret [hidden] and the like)

口寄せなど, 使用する動物などが用いる術
kuchiyose and the like, you use animals and other such things with this jutsu
 
Last edited:

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Request Thread

@Paz --> I'm using Windows XP
 

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
173
Reaction score
87
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Request Thread

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.
Hit the Languages tab.
Check "Install files for East Asian languages" and press Apply.
(You need to do this first, so you have the files for the keyboard install.)

In the same window click on Details, then in the popup, choose Add.
Choose Japanese, then click OK.
(You might have to restart here or at the step before, I forget.)

When all that's installed, you'll get a little EN button on the bottom right.
Click it and switch to Japanese.
Right-click it and choose "Adjust the Language band position".
Click on the button with the A, and choose Hiragana.
(You'll have to do all of this for every program you want to type Japanese in.)

Now, just type stuff. It'll appear in hiragana, but when you press Space, it'll change to kanji/kana. Use Left and Right and Space to change stuff that it's got wrong.
 

KOLE

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Re: Request Thread

Could you explain which type of letter is which (sometimes when I press "space" there are more than 8 types).
 

shobu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
naruto series 14

have anyone translatede the set yet and if you have plz post it :amuse
 

Zenith

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
741
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: naruto series 14

what in the world is naruto series 14? Can you please be more specific? thank you.
 

shobu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: naruto series 14

for the naruto japanese card game sorry
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: naruto series 14

Moving this to Requests thread
 

shobu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Request Thread

oh man so no one have it ,because at narutofan forums they had a thread with translations of the card game, i was wondering were is those peoples and dont have anyone translated it yet :tem
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Request Thread

Well, you can make sure by asking around in the respective Translators' Ask-Me threads but I guess at this point we can probably conclude it unlikely that any of the translators here has translated the card game. Sorry.
 

shobu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Request Thread

oh man but its okey :p
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Request Thread

I hope SOMEONE here speaks Chinese (Nytrogyn?) because there's this one Chinese person in WoW who speaks Chinese and I don't know what's he saying and if it's good or bad... That little :cuss isn't responding to any kind of emoticons or emotes... :mad
Anax and Ungirl said:
Anax: Are you from China?
Ungirl: Ni hao
Anax: Hello to you too. I'm not from China, just got the "Zhong Guo" part
Ungirl: Ni shi Zhong Guo de ma?
Anax: I don't think you understand me any more than I understand you :P
Ungirl: Kao ni mu?
Anax: =)   or >(   ???
Ungirl: Chao ni mama
Anax: mama?
Ungirl: Chao ni jie jie
Anax: Are you cussing at me?
There was a "bang bang [something something]" but this is WoW chat and I didn't manage to copy it on time...

PLEASE someone help me!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Request Thread

^ Anax, I think you probably would be better off just PMing somebody that you feel know Chinese. I think it's best to make requests for Japanese to English translations here, since most of our translators here are experienced there :amuse
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Request Thread

Since I don't know anyone (except for a hint by Nytrogyn that he speaks some), I was hoping that a random Chinese person (out of the nearly 4500 members here) would come out of the shadows and help. As we say in Greece, hope dies last... Anyway, I'm out of WoW now and don't really mind all that much anymore. If I see that person again, I'll just put them on ignore :amuse
 
Top