Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

KazeYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
New Zealand
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

Hello. Could someone help me translate these two sentences?

次の大会で結果を出さないと 実力のある生徒をスカウトするのに影響があるわよ?
特に立地が近い星奏学院には絶対に負けられないわね。

The image is here: http://i42.tinypic.com/1zptavq.jpg
Thank you :)
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

If we don't produce results in the next tournament, there will be an effect on scouting capable students?
We definitely can't lose to Seisou Academy that's especially close to us.

---------- Post added December 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was December 12, 2011 at 01:32 PM ----------


Please help me make sense of this line. 誰の為のあなたの為? Somehow my brain refuses to parse it. Something like "For the sake of you who are for whose sake?"? :mad

Or should it be two separate sentences, like "For whose sake? For your sake?"
 

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread


Please help me make sense of this line. 誰の為のあなたの為? Somehow my brain refuses to parse it. Something like "For the sake of you who are for whose sake?"? :mad

Or should it be two separate sentences, like "For whose sake? For your sake?"

I think it's two separate sentences as well. The last の in 誰の為の is just used to emphasize the need for explanation. See here, too: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/nounparticles
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

Can anyone help me to translate this, please??? (From Japanese to English)!!!!

Hello there! I see here are translations requests. Thank God, I find it :).
My name is XOzelinkOX, and I'm currently reading InuYasha. There's a text (in a page from the manga) that isn't translated and I would like to really know what it's saying the text. I was hoping if you're willing to translate me a japanese text to either english or spanish. Please, acknowledge your answer and if you agree, I'll give you the image with the japanese text.

Ps. Please answer me when you read this!

Here is the image with the text with each character's information:

The characters are: Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, Miroku, Sango, Sesshomaru, Jaken, Rin, Kohaku, Kaede and Totosai. The good thing is that the information of each character is short, so it's not a big deal xD. I wish I could understand what's saying.

Please I beg you, help me with the translation. Reply me back if you already decided to translate it, please
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

@XOzelinkOX: I would try to translate it but a higher quality picture would surely help. My eyes hurt after trying to figure out the characters.
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

@Dancing Wind: Unfortunately, those are the only ones of higher quality I could find :(

---------- Post added January 03, 2012 at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2012 at 02:39 PM ----------

@XOzelinkOX: I would try to translate it but a higher quality picture would surely help. My eyes hurt after trying to figure out the characters.
I will try to find another one, besides that: Do you know what does it says exactly in the picture (specially in the panels where they show Rin, Inuyasha and Kagome talking?). I really want to see your translation. I really want to understand what are Kagome and Inuyasha talking?

http://images22.51.com/6000/inu_fan518/a4d28a41b7f0ef97465e743204d3bd6f.jpg
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

@XOzelinkOX
Here are JP transcripts for you to use online tools such as google translate to translate these character descriptions. (Copy and paste.)

犬夜叉(Inuyasha):かごめに封印をとかれた半妖。四魂の玉の因縁を断ち切るため戦う。
かごめ(Kagome):戦国時代にタイムスリップしてきた現代の少女。実家は神社。
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

@Mikkih

Thank you for trying to help me :) though another translator already helped me with the characters' information; so that's all finished, and btw, Google Translator kind of translate very bad, but still thanks.

EDIT. Finally upload the japanese version


@Everyone
HELP ME TO TRANSLATE THIS, PLEASE
1.
From some months ago, I wanted to know what says in this three panels (Read from Right to Left):
I really want to know what does the japanese text says exactly, that's why I want some help.
Ps. Please, don't say like: "Oh but that page is already translated, look at the web"....As I said before, I really want to know what does the japanese text says exactly..
Please it's really important to know exactly what does the japanese words say.

2. . Well, this is less important, but it's a very cute comic about Sesshomaru and Rin that it's in japanese.
Take a look (Read from Right to Left):
http://blog-imgs-44-origin.fc2.com/u/m/e/umezoxx/o_hagi.jpg
Please reply me or send me a private message with the translations.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

I really want to know what does the japanese text says exactly,
The conversation is written in Chinese, not Japanese, by the way.
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

I finally update the japanese version, thanks for telling me :)
 

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

@Everyone
HELP ME TO TRANSLATE THIS, PLEASE
1.From some months ago, I wanted to know what says in this three panels (Read from Right to Left):
I really want to know what does the japanese text says exactly, that's why I want some help.
Ps. Please, don't say like: "Oh but that page is already translated, look at the web"....As I said before, I really want to know what does the japanese text says exactly.
Please it's really important to know exactly what does the japanese words say.
Here's my translation. I've left it a bit rough since you wanted to know exactly what they say ;) I haven't read Inuyasha and I have no idea what has happened before and after this scene so feel free to correct me.

りんちゃんも楓ばあちゃんに預けられて暮らしている。
Rin also is left in the care of Granny Kaede and lives with her.

りん: 殺生丸が連れてるのかと思ってた。
Rin: I was wondering whether to take Sesshomaru.

いぬやしゃ: 楓ばばあが言ってた。
Inuyasha: Old woman Kaede said.
人里に戻す訓練らしいぞ。 Return to Hitosaki to practice, it seems.
どっちでも選べるように。Whichever way you choose.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

りん: 殺生丸が連れてるのかと思ってた。
Rin: I was wondering whether to take Sesshomaru.
The speaker is Kagome who thought Rin was with Sesshomaru. :)
 

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

The speaker is Kagome who thought Rin was with Sesshomaru. :)
Oh, dear, guess I should read Inuyasha. Sorry for the confusion.
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

Thank you for trying to translate me that page, though I'm a bit confused with this:

殺生丸が連れてるのかと思ってた。
Kagome: I was wondering whether to take Sesshomaru.


Does it says that literally? or maybe Kagome says like: "I though she was gone with Sesshomaru" or something similar to that?

人里に戻す訓練らしいぞ。 Return to Hitosaki to practice, it seems.
どっちでも選べるように。Whichever way you choose.


What is Hitosaki?? What does Inuyasha means like Hitosaki to practice?? O.o I'm confused.....
In other english versions the: どっちでも選べるように。 part it says like: "It seems like a practice to be human again, then she can choose either path" I'm I correct? Maybe I exagerated on having exact japanese translation....TT-TT What does Kagome and Inuyasha (mostly) means by those sentences. Please. I really want to know ...but still, thank you for trying to help! :)

Everyone is welcome to help too!
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

人里に戻す訓練らしいぞ。 Return to Hitosaki to practice, it seems.
どっちでも選べるように。Whichever way you choose.
It's training in order to return to the human world. So she may choose either.

Hitozato = human world. Or maybe human life is better. Depending on the specific context.
 
Last edited:

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

It's training in order to return to the human world. So she may choose either.
Does Inuyasha exactly says: "So she may choose either.
", in the last panel (very left), or does he means that. I wanna know, please.

What I mean is that if Inuyasha in the last panel is trying to say that Rin will choose eithr path (when she grows up I guess), I'm I right or wrong?
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

I don't really understand what you're asking, but here's the literal translation:
どっちでも = either, whatever it is; 選べる = be able to choose; ように = so that, in order to. Re-arrange it to the natural English word order and you get "So she may choose either" or "In order for her to be able to choose either". Note that "she" is not a part of the Japanese sentence, but it's implied from context, and you need the pronoun in English for it to sound natural.
 

XOzelinkOX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Colombia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

Ahh okay! thank very much!! :)
You answered my question well.
So yeah, what I understand Inuyasha said in proper english (in the last two panels) was: "She's training in order to return to the human world. So she may choose either." Thank you very much @cmertb

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Hey I found little comics of Inuyasha (after the events of the Final Act), they're so cute!!!! :D I would really like to know the translations of the first two comis, look at them:

1. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=22792026 (I REALLY want to know what does it says, look how Sesshomaru glares at them lol :3).
1.5. http://umezoxx.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-22.html (I REALLY want to know what does it says, look how Sesshomaru glares at them lol :3).[/B]

You can look these other ones (no, I'm NOT asking you to translate them, just to watch them. If you want to translate any of them, I'll be happy to read it :D).

2. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=23220323 (Inuyasha x Kagome cute!)
3. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=22759000 (awww cute).
4. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=21880092 (cute Kagome).
5. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=20156729 (another Inu x Kagome aww)
6. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=17557514 (other Inu x Kagome so cute).
7. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=16282193 (Inu group so cute)!! :D
8. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=9957770 (cute).
9. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=10742606 (awwwwww)
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

殺生丸が連れてるのかと思ってた。
Kagome: I was wondering whether to take Sesshomaru.

Does it says that literally? or maybe Kagome says like: "I though she was gone with Sesshomaru" or something similar to that?
Additional Info:

When you translate JP to ENG, you often need to add a few words, which are omitted.
殺生丸が連れてるのかと思ってた。 = 私は、殺生丸がりんをつれているのかと思ってた。
Subject of 思ってた/thought` is I (Kagome)
Object of 連れている/take; accompany is Rin
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

This sentence has been driving me nuts:

やーやー我こそはドコドコ山の法師なりーっつってな

Context-wise, the speaker (an onmyoji) and his companions are heading up a mountain, and have suddenly been surrounded by people they think are Shugensha. In the bubble just before this line, it's clear that he's speaking to his companion, but I really can't tell who he's speaking to here, or what he's trying to say... "orz Help is much appreciated!
 
Top