Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

If it's just that purple insert line:

The night of Cross Academy's dance festival. There's no turning back anymore.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)



I wanted to ask whether Tsukuyo (the person on the left) is being called a virgin here because translations differ from each other and I have no idea which is closer to the source. So basically I would appreciate if someone could translate the right bubble on Tsukuyo's side.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

While one of the words used here (乙女, otome) can arguably be translated as "virgin" in certain contexts, the exact expression is 乙女チック (otome chick) which is more along the lines of "girly" or "girlish".

Check: http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/乙女チック

So my take on Tsukuyo's lines would be something like:

Wh-who are you calling girly!? Don't fuck with the Death God Courtesan, the head of the Hyakka!!
 

ZERO85

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Abu Dhabi
What is the latin translation for sisters?

What is the latin translation for sisters?
 

lucifell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is the latin translation for sisters?

I didn't know they made manga and anime in latin, that's so cool. And to answer your question, "Sorores"
 

neitan666718

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Bolivia
Please!! Somebody help me with the translation of this page (Jp Raw) please!!

Hi, i'm from an spanish Edited Mangas group and i really need your help for the trasnlation of this page...


Please... someone...?
 
Last edited:

Waeyen

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
544
Reaction score
306
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Can someone translate
this 星天高校アイドル部
and this セクシャル・ハンター・ライオット
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Seiten High School Idol Club (might not be "seiten" necessarily)
and
Sexual Hunter Riot

And neitan666718, that pic you posted is just waaaay too big.
 
Last edited:

neitan666718

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Bolivia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

And neitan666718, that pic you posted is just waaaay too big.
Fixed, cemrtb.

 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

*sigh* That was sarcasm. Make the picture big enough so that furigana is readable without having to squint. Furigana is small text to the side of some bigger characters.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Make the picture big enough so that furigana is readable without having to squint. Furigana is small text to the side of some bigger characters.
Furigana:
第14陣(だい14じん)
Record of Mushibugyo (レコード オブ ムシブギョー)
生涯(しょうがい)
時(とき)
特種(スクープ)
忘(わす)れ
1人(ひとり)
武士(ぶし)
蟲奉行所同心(ムシぶぎょうしょどうしん)
お勤(つと)め
 

neitan666718

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Bolivia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Ohhh... sorry... ^.^ :p
I will remember next time....
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

panel 1
---For as long as I live,
I probably will never forget this scoop.
Chapter 14 Record of Mushibugyo

panel 2
This one warrior's,
This officer of Mushibugyo's service---
 

shnisaka

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Hi MangaHelpers!

I am trying to translate Defense Devil to my language and I could not find any translation from JP to ENG for the first cover page!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/defense_devil/v01/c001/

I want to know every word in this page, I am trying to make my translation and work as accurate as possible.

Please help.

[edit]

this translation did not help me too much : http://mangahelpers.com/t/lingwe/releases/11209

There are a lot of words in this cover and he did not translate them all.
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

It's the mag cover, most of the remaining text there has nothing to do with the manga you're translating. If you still insist on doing this, I suggest you cut out the parts that interest you and post them as separate images.
 

Kokutou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Can you help me with this 2 images plz
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

Quick and dirty... the first one could probably still need some finishing touches/modification (e.g. instead of "unidentifiable" -> "I can't seem so work out"):

1: What is this... // unidentifiable uneasy feeling/feeling of anxiety that's creeping over me?

2: The monkey show starts a 2 o'clock~
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

If possible, I would like to ask about these two frames:

This one I have translated (by which I mean someone translated it):
[no bubble]: Ahhh...it's gonna curse us!
:500,000 yen to destroy this rock.

But there is 50 something in the bubble, so it would have to say "50 10 thousands" in order to be true. The manga was translated from official French edition of Desert Punk (Sunabozu) to English which is very bad but fans of Desert Punk (like me) aren't too common unfortunately and no one who knows Japanese is interested in translating it to English.


Here I've erased the stuff that has been translated and I'm mainly interest is in the small sign.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for Non-translators)

If possible, I would like to ask about these two frames:

This one I have translated (by which I mean someone translated it):
[no bubble]: Ahhh...it's gonna curse us!
:500,000 yen to destroy this rock.

But there is 50 something in the bubble, so it would have to say "50 10 thousands" in order to be true. The manga was translated from official French edition of Desert Punk (Sunabozu) to English which is very bad but fans of Desert Punk (like me) aren't too common unfortunately and no one who knows Japanese is interested in translating it to English.
...It does say "50 10-thosands" though...万 = 10 thousand. .-.

Here I've erased the stuff that has been translated and I'm mainly interest is in the small sign.
Dango...You can google that word if you don't know what it is. It's basically a kind of Japanese food that looks like small dumplings on a stick, usually pasted with sweet sauce. .-.
 
Last edited:
Top