Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Aarowaim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Would it be possible

...
Japanese: 夢を持って、それを信じて、そして果たせ。
lit: Have a dream, believe in it, and then accomplish it. (T/N: command form)


Anyone with better ideas please correct me!
I think it would be more along the lines of 夢見て、信じて、果たせ, which translates to 'dream, believe, achieve'. The pronoun 'it' usually doesn't have enough meaning in English to be differentiated from the verb in Japanese. Alternatively, if you want to keep the sense of a series of steps, beginning with a dream, then 夢を持ったら、信じて、果たせ. "If you have a dream, believe in it, make it real."

It's not much of a correction, so much as it is a different interpretation. Your translation was fine, but I felt that there was a better way to capture the meaning. I do feel that your use of imperative form was spot on, because requesting someone to 'please achieve your dreams' lacks a lot of punch compared to telling them 'Achieve your dreams; do it NOW!'. It just seems absurd to use a polite request to give someone inspiration. I can't really give advice on the Chinese :/

@uraharaisimba:
Here's the info if you need it:
夢見て、信じて、果たせ
yumemite, shinjite, hatase
"Dream, believe, achieve"

夢を持ったら、信じて、果たせ
yume o mottara, shinjite, hatase
"If you have a dream, believe in it, make it real"
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

RE: Dream it, believe it, achieve it.

How about ...
夢を持ち、それを信じ、達成せよ
 

Kaibutsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 14, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia

Aarowaim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

@Kaibutsu: If you need it, I took the time to type out the entire text. I didn't get the giant kanji on the bottom, and I missed two kanji I can't be sure of (marked in blue).

Here's the text:
ハーメルン の バイオリン弾き 15かん
ちょっと風変わりなオマケ・シリーズ

年令は15~16歳くらいかな? 名前はわからないこの子も無念の内にこの世を去った男の子でしょう。(おそらく魔族に殺されたかわいそうな子)オル・ゴールは死霊使いで、本体は仮面、体は死霊から自由に使えるが、(無念のままに亡くなった人間に限る)この子は好んでよく使っている。サイザーとの戦いで体を穴だらけこされたが、死体ゆえにまだ使える。スコアの戦いでもサイザーたちにズタズタにされたが、おそらくまだオル・ゴールの本体として使用しているはず。オル・ゴールが死なない限り、永遠に魂は解放されないかわいそうな子です。

あー 楽しー

べーつ この仮面の下に懸けてもね...。
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Here are some missing parts.

おそらく魔?に: 族
本は死霊から自由に使えるが:体は...
(使)用しっているはず: 使用しているはず
永遠に(_)は解放されない: 魂
 

Kaibutsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 14, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Thanks guys - although I'm sorry but I think it's too advanced for me OTL I could only manage to roughly translate the first twos sentences of the main text...the third sentence made me cry ; __ ; So long that I got so confused

He's about 15-16 years of age? This kid does not understand the name of the boy who departed this life with regret. (Perhaps a pathetic child whom had killed a demon)
 

Aarowaim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hamelin's Violinist/ハーメルンのバイオリン弾き
I did some research and found the manga that this comes from. The character the page is about is Orgel, and he appears to be some sort of necromancer. As far as the Japanese Description of Orgel says on wikipedia, his body is effectively immortal and he takes the form of a mask.

"The Violinist of Hameln, volume 15
A somewhat strange omake series

Doesn't he look about 15 or 16? Nobody knows the name of this kid, who's probably a boy that left the world with regrets (No doubt an unfortunate child slain by the Mazoku). Although Orgel, a necromancer who's true form is a mask, can control the bodies of the dearly departed (limited to souls who passed in the depths of regret), this kid is being controlled of his own free will. Despite having been riddled with holes fighting against Sizer, this corpse is still in usable condition. This body was torn apart in the battle of Score by Sizer's party, but it would not be surprising if Orgel's true form is still being used. As long as Orgel remains alive, this unfortunate child's spirit will never be set free.

Ah, this is wonderful

It's under the mask..."

That should be a serviceable translation, but it'll probably need a bit of fact-checking if you want it to be perfect.
 
Last edited:

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)



someone please:^_^
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Right before the 2nd movie!! Super big {the rest cut off}
The serialization resumes starting in December!! Details {the rest cut off}
 
Last edited:

Sacchi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
18
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hey, can someone translate this for me?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TheGodOfKonoha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Can someone Translate what this says?? All of it if you can. *Important*
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hey, can someone translate this for me?
I'm not familiar with the series and without any kind of situation, this is actually kinda hard to translate. I tried something, but I can't guarentee it's all correct.

Hey, you. // Which one are you?
That's government offical is such a pretentious piece of shit. // Being the public welfare seller he is, // he thinks he can beat me?

Can someone Translate what this says?? All of it if you can. *Important*
Naru-too / Goods and event / Full of information!!
The knight who will assure victory!!
Naruto // Kishimoto Masashi // Hashirama VS Madara!! What will the outcome of this battle be!?
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

ナル通(Naru-tsu) is perhaps a short form of ナルト通信 (Naruto News).

Edit/Add:
ナイト: word play? night & (you) should
 
Last edited:

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

ナル通(Naru-tsu) is perhaps a short form of ナルト通信 (Naruto News).

Edit/Add:
ナイト: word play? night & (you) should
About the ナル通... translating it as "Naruto News" sounds pretty credible... I didn't think of it though. (Not that I actually tried I guess...)

For the ナイト stuff... wow, that actually sounds like a triple wordplay!! I'm not up to date with Naruto, so I'm not sure if "night" would be a possibility at this point (that's why I went with knight)... but, reading it as "nai to" (should/must) is also a pretty awesome idea!!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

About the ナル通... translating it as "Naruto News" sounds pretty credible... I didn't think of it though. (Not that I actually tried I guess...)

For the ナイト stuff... wow, that actually sounds like a triple wordplay!! I'm not up to date with Naruto, so I'm not sure if "night" would be a possibility at this point (that's why I went with knight)... but, reading it as "nai to" (should/must) is also a pretty awesome idea!!
I'm with you. I dropped Naruto so many years ago... I can understand why you put "knight" there. Here are the reasons why I considered "night.": (1) People use ナイト as "night" more often than "knight" in Japan, and (2) I thought they might be advertising a must-see battle anime episode which was going to be aired (on TV) at night or something (such as special evening events). Anyway, it's some type of a wordplay. I really don't know.
 

DongerMan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Arab Emirates
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Can someone translate this please?


I only want to know what is written in the little box in each page.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp11pjX.png

http://i.imgur.com/6bBXKZn.png


I wanna know the differences between the two.

Also, is it okay if I use these translations?? for posting the chapters that is....
 

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

It's only about the text in the boxes, right?

Group A hero / Acrobatic white suit

Group A hero / Snake bite fist snake (Snake of snake bite fist)

I'm not entirely sure about the 2nd, because it sounds really odd and 蛇咬拳 (Jakouken) is an existing combination in Japanese. (So all I can do is separately translate the kanji)

If you want to use it for anything, please go ahead...

Can someone translate this please?


I only want to know what is written in the little box in each page.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp11pjX.png

http://i.imgur.com/6bBXKZn.png


I wanna know the differences between the two.

Also, is it okay if I use these translations?? for posting the chapters that is....
 

SumireScarlett

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hey guys!!! I was wondering if anyone can quickly just translate the title of this manga and what language/style of writing it is pwease!! I would really appreciate the help !! Here's the image--->
the sooner the better but no rush hehe thanks again :DDDDD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top