Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

Awesome <3 Hopefully it will be well executed because most shoujo that gets turned into anime has a habit of not working out so well :x
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

OMG!...i been waiting for it! :crying


thanks for the info guys


Awesome <3 Hopefully it will be well executed because most shoujo that gets turned into anime has a habit of not working out so well :x
you mean like vampire knight? haha
 
Last edited:

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: Skip Beat!

The cast for the upcoming anime series was announced a few days ago in Hana to Yume. Unsurprisingly, it's changed from the drama series. And, it's Miyano Mamoru again!

Kyouko - Inoue Marina
Shou - Miyano Mamoru
Yashiro - Kawanago Masahito
Kotonami - Hayamizu Risa
Ren - Konishi Katsuyuki

Links about seiyuu at ANN
 
Last edited:

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

Trailer for the anime is released. Link to youtube video here.


I saw an interview of the seiyuus of Skip Beat and thought people would be interested in reading it. It's pretty interesting and funny. If you can read Japanese, then the Japanese script can be found here. Translation/summary of interview can be found here.
 
Last edited:

Pika876

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Skip Beat!

I never actually realised that it took so much effort for actors to actually act!
 

shirogami_tsukasa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I've just caught up to the latest chapter, I started about a week ago, and I'm in love with it! It also makes me want to become an actor...hahaha.... but then again Eyeshield 21 made me want to play football, but I never did. Anything else by the mangaka that's just as good as this one?? AHhh I don't want to wait for 2 weeks!!
 

chiresakura

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

AHhh I don't want to wait for 2 weeks!!
I've got bad news for you, then. The next issue isn't until May 20 because of Golden Week :`(

Also, thanks for reviving this thread :P If any Skip Beat fans out there are interested in learning how to clean and typeset and want to help out the Franky House/Maximum7 joint project, send me a PM. I'm willing to teach you everything you need to know, so no experience is necessary ;)
 

shirogami_tsukasa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Boo... are Skip Beat and Tokyo Crazy Paradise really unavailable in English? I really want to buy them...
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Erm..Skip Beat is actually licenced in English by Vizmedia. You should be able to get it in Borders or some manga bookshop. :)
But Tokyo Crazy Paradise isn't. It's too old a series, that I doubt you can get it in english.
 

Arvael

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Hungary
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I've only found this manga a few days ago and I'm totally hooked on it! But I'm curious about how many weeks do we usually need to wait for the next chapter?
I know the next'll on May 20th, but I'd like to get an idea on how this usually goes. Thanks in advance! :eyeroll

PS.: ah, and I've just watcehd the anime, too. I was wondering if there're any news about a continuation or not. After all, the story ended after around ch. 66 in the manga.
 

shirogami_tsukasa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

It comes out on the 5th and the 20th (I've just learned) every month. Much better than the usual month-long wait for most shoujo manga that I read! I've never watched the anime, though, so I can't help you there, sorry.
 

Arvael

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Hungary
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Ah, I see, thanks! :)
It really does sound greater to have a 30-40 page chapter twice in a month :amuse *.*
 

Elleian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Loved the anime is the manga as good as it is? i've heard different stories.. Also where does the Anime end? don't really want to start at chapter 1 ( read it awhile back and absolutely hated it.. lol )
 

sleepycat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Volume 10 should be just about right tho' Ren don't see her mv with Shou till vol 14. I like reading from vol 11 onwards cuz there is a lot of conversations and emotions between Ren and Kyoko especially the part in his apartment where he kinda hug her but she thinks he is still "acting". That moment was epic.
 

Arvael

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Hungary
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I just love the manga; you should give it a try :)
And check it around chapter 66 ;)
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I do like SKIP BEAT and especially appreciate the members who shared the raw or translated version with us.

The manga's more and more interesting, looking forward to reading the next episode in time.
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????

Anyone have seen the spoiler pictures for 145?!?!?!

This picture is all you need to see...

I ndon't know what to say >.>

 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I'v read the ACT.145 in Japanese.
It's too terrible. I do want to know how Ren will do......
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

eeek, keep it in spoiler tag since I don't think we're allowed to discuss spoilers freely here.

But, I know. I think he wanted to give it to her either to confuse her, or while he confesses to her. Since he "finally" understands that he's not the only one in her mind (not anymore lol)...

But in front of Ren... oh god this is either going to make him super-angry, or it will force him to confess.

Can't wait for next chapter :wtf
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Thanks. I've read your spoiler.

I know we can't discuss the story about the new Chapter.
Well, I also can't wait now because it's long before we can read the next one.


eeek, keep it in spoiler tag since I don't think we're allowed to discuss spoilers freely here.

But, I know. I think he wanted to give it to her either to confuse her, or while he confesses to her. Since he "finally" understands that he's not the only one in her mind (not anymore lol)...

But in front of Ren... oh god this is either going to make him super-angry, or it will force him to confess.

Can't wait for next chapter :wtf
Thank you for your reminding me to use the spoiler tag.

Ren is tender of his honor as an actor, so it's impossible for him to be exaggerated in speech or behavior. I don't think it'll force him to confess. I guess he'll keep his smile as usual and avoid confrontation with Shyo as much as possible, but he'll feel very depressed and angry in his heart and let kyoko feel scared. Ren, how pitiful!
 
Last edited:
Top