Some colourings by Paint Pixel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Some colourings by Paint Pixel

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For Technomagus, who earlier, was asking about Paint Pixel and wanted to see some of her works.

Keeping in mind that these were done years ago,and the style is older, it's really quite astonishing how good they still look. My favourite is the Kakshi and I just love the detail in the Gaara cover. You can see why they're classics can't you?

She used to have a website; I'll see if that's still around for you. :)

Here it is: http://www.paintpixel.com/index.htm

DA: http://paintpixel.deviantart.com/

dhazard's PP collection: http://dhazard06.livejournal.com/617.html

Last edited:

TechnoMagus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
THANK YOU VERY MUCH KADO!!!!!!!!! :glomp :hi5:hug:occa:woo:squish:turtle:gorgy

Now I know where DD got his style! :kkthumbs

Oh my, I'm running put of mythological deities for paintpixel....let's see....you are the egg in greek myth, ymirAuðumbla in norse, izanagiizanami in japanese myth and the big bang in contemporary cosmology...THE SOURCE and inspiration of all fan art drawing and colorations in naruto fandom! is that worthy enough?.... :grin

HisHer website is a must see "pilgrimage" site for all budding and experienced naruto artists and for us mere mortal "laity"....

btw, kadoman how about stickying this or putting in the index? thanks....

Last edited:

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're insane! I thought *I* was bad! :D You've stolen my crown!

Yeah, it's interesting to see the Paint Pixel influence in DD's earlier work. I think he's gone on to develop his own style (or rather, he's in the process of developing his style - he experiments with so many different ones - he's rather unpredictable is our DD).

I also think it's sweet that DD, who was so inspired by Paint Pixel, now inspires so many others out there. DD is like the Paint Pixel for a new generation of colourists and artists, only I think DD's profile and volume of work is even bigger! :XD

Last edited:

kyubisharingan

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
she also has a DA accounts u know. but yeah she is great, i really like her style

Dynamic Dragon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8DDDD yay!! PP! she was my very first inspiration! she inspired my to color my very first neji cover XDDDD

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
she also has a DA accounts u know. but yeah she is great, i really like her style
Yeah, I know - I put her DA in that first post after all. It's just that she doesn't have her covers there, and this thread was just to show Technomagus some sample cover works, but I've updated the first post now.

:XD DD, I don't know why, but seeing you get excited like that over another artist is really heart warming! Probably because we're all so used to get excited over YOU! You're such a sweetie! :hug

btw, kadoman how about stickying this or putting in the index? thanks....
Mm...things are getting crowded in the Sticky section though and Paint Pixel doesn't post here and hasn't been active in the colourings for quite some time now, so I don't think it warrants a sticky with the current set-up as it is. If we ever get a sub-section for artists' galleries, then definitely, I would stick this.

Last edited:

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
seriously, Paint Pixel is a great inspiration, i mean, she was probably one of the first to actually start coloring the cover pages etc. too bad she isnt as active anymore...anywhere...

NOW THIS pic below is probably my favorite^^

Last edited:

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
her works are just so damned perfect! almost as if they were officially sanctioned by kishimoto and the anime staff themselves! seriously....

it also helps that other artists have noticeable different styles that as they progress on coloring, they deviate from this "poster perfect" style... :smile-big

if only the entire anime was well done as this... ;)

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's a classic, Kyubi. I remember being flawed by that.

I think the other reason PP is so revered is because she was a bit pioneering, if you know what I mean. If I remember, nobody was really colouring like she was, back then. The techniques she applied were still pretty new and that's what inspired people to go out and try their hand at it.

But you know, I think it's interesting to look at how she left in Kishi's hatching. Today, artists take that out, don't they? Or they shade it, or colour it in, whereas she just left it there, so they've got this 'illustration' quality about them and it really is like a collaboration between her and Kishi.

Last edited:

kyuubiseal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
she inspired me to colour in the firstplace. All hale paintpixel

Dhazard

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Everything I could gather from the internet that has been done by PaintPixel! If you have more (Naruto related), please tell me so! I love her work!
http://dhazard06.livejournal.com/617.html

[kado]Thanks for that link; I've added it to the first post![/kado]

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayFoxx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
thanks to kadoman for making this thread, hail paintpixel!

Vhea

Reaction score
Country
Spain
awwwwwww!!! paintpixel!!! I allways love her colourings! ;_; Se had a simple but very impresive skills!!!

I started coloring naruto covers because of her! Love all of them! Her colors are beautyful!

pd: omg, how much " !!" xDDDDDDD

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Ooohh.. Nice one Dhazard <333 Yeah Paint Pixel... One of the colorers that I can say "legendary" :amuse

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh WOW! Vhea, you also got inspired by PP? She's one helluva influential colourist! :amuse That's, you, DD, Amaretti...I wonder if AK and Willit also admired her skills?

Vhea

Reaction score
Country
Spain
well, I started coliring naruto covers since i knew her, but I started coloring in general some years ago :P.

well, we could say that I was bitten by the naruto covers craze becouse oh her!.... xD

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ooh, i never saw this thread! i was terribly inspired to start coloring stuff thanks to her! well, actually, she and DD was the reason i ever did anything to begin with!

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Wow, I wasn't inspired by her to draw anything Naruto related, but it was enough shock to see her colorings and shout: OMG!! It's just the most beatiful coloring ever!! xDxD

Back then (it was with realeses in chapters from Inane if I recall corectly) and even now, I think that she had and porbably has ;p the best color covers/pages ever!! :D

I just love her work until now, from the first moment I saw it xD No more to say about that awesomeness xD

thx all for sharing with paintpixel stuff links and on ^^

btw. I think that Dhazard forgot to put two color covers:

:wtf
It's somewhat sad, that she isn't coloring now : (

[kado]Thanks for those covers - I've added them to the first post![/kado]

Last edited by a moderator:

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hmmm I first heard about PP on deviant art , in fact most people that are here I know first from deviant art , but I must say I really like her soft style :) great artist ^^
since the subject "who got inspired by who" is up might also say that DD and Uver (http://uver.deviantart.com/) were the first 2 people that inspired me to start digital coloring when I joined DA then I think through DD I went across PP (DD...PP *giggles*) and so on. .... it's a chain :XD it tell ya! a chain xD
anywayz , wish PP would start coloring again but at least she's still active on DA :D

kyuubiseal

Reaction score
Country
Canada
paintpixel is starting now to be active. Visit her DA, she has many new one's like hinata and older sasuke! SHE IS BACK!