Spirit's Secret Lair

To change my username, to not change my username...

  • Suzulicious

  • Keep it as WYIS

  • Other (Feel free to suggest)


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
So... Are you a Beatles fan, part of the Manson family or am I missing a reference?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Tokyo Ghoul? It's fantastic {More than a little bias here buuuut} :amuse
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Question from a lazy ass: where do I read it online? Can only find scans of Tokyo Ghoul:re and from what I understand that's not the place to start. Found from chapter 7 onwards of the first series but can't find the very first chapters..
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Did someone ask where to read Tokyo Ghoul? :whistle

Question from a lazy ass: where do I read it online? Can only find scans of Tokyo Ghoul:re and from what I understand that's not the place to start. Found from chapter 7 onwards of the first series but can't find the very first chapters..
I suppose you found Twisted Hel's scans, which are considered the highest quality ones but only start from chapter 7. Any aggregator site will do for the first six, but if you can care to make an account (which admittedly took me a while...), Batoto collects a number of translations from different groups, including Twisted Hel's which I believe aren't even hosted on their own site anymore.

You are right about TG:re, by the way, since that's the direct continuation of TG and should only be read once you're done with it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Organizized Mangatown is a good place to read all the chapters of both parts of Tokyo Ghoul from the higher quality scan teams.
Did someone ask where to read Tokyo Ghoul? :whistle
Dude you're even more of a Tokyo Ghoul Bloodhound than me :heh
One mention of Tokyo Ghoul is all it takes to send you running :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@WithYouInSpirit Yakusoku No Neverland 20 is out:x3
I'm aware. Have been for a few days now actually.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
@Organizized Mangatown is a good place to read all the chapters of both parts of Tokyo Ghoul from the higher quality scan teams.

Dude you're even more of a Tokyo Ghoul Bloodhound than me :heh
One mention of Tokyo Ghoul is all it takes to send you running :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm aware. Have been for a few days now actually.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
@Organizized Mangatown is a good place to read all the chapters of both parts of Tokyo Ghoul from the higher quality scan teams.
As most sites, they only have some parts from Twisted Hel while many chapters have lower-quality or hasty translations. They do the job most of the time, but if you can read a better version...

Dude you're even more of a Tokyo Ghoul Bloodhound than me :heh
One mention of Tokyo Ghoul is all it takes to send you running :XD
Actually, you've mentioning it in this thread quite a lot lately, but you're not wrong. :hee

And it's heartbreaking that most of the time nobody catches your TG references. Truly heartbreaking. :emocat
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Because it's the first of the two pieces of information listed in its Wiki page and because it's an insignificant detail that nobody would remember?
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
So I read the first chapter of Tokyo Ghoul and was like "oh man.. Spirit will be so disappointed because I really don't feel like reading on after this..."

Thought the story felt clumsy and the art style and the "panelling" (if that's a word) was sort of annoying me.. Like I had to make an effort to go along with what happened.

Then I kind of accidentally clicked past chapter 1 and found that the next chapter was a redrawn version of the first one.
That one was 20 times better.
Now I'm intrigued. That one made the whole concept seem more interesting as well, so probably I'll be able to see past the issues I had with the "real" chapter 1.

I'll read on later I think! :turtle
 
Top