The Braves can not be properly evaluated right now. They are too hot, and it is too early in the season. Paul Maholm's career ERA is 4.20, with a career 1.39 WHIP. Through 3 games he has not given up an earned run, with a .79 WHIP. Not even Pedro could sustain those numbers. Unless Justin Upton has matured into a cross between Tony Gwynn and Babe Ruth in their primes, he will not continue hitting .348 with an OPS of 1.306. The Braves have a really good team, I fully expect them to contend. If the Nationals bullpen plays to their career average than I do not think the division will be decided until September. Right now though I don't have much more insight than I had before the season started. April does not mean much. Look at the Reds. Last week they were as hot as anyone in baseball. They have since lost five straight, were swept by the Pirates, and had to put Johnny Cueto on the DL.Where do you see your Nats in comparison to the Braves? By the end of the season, you're still picking your Nats to win the division, I'm assuming, or do you think it'll be a tossup by the end?
---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------
I was delighted to see that FOX now includes OPS in their telecast, along with more traditional stats.
