Manhwa - The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park | Page 114 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That was weird.... If this technique is so dangerous, why are they still trying to hard to uncover its secrets?

Reactions: Wha

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That was weird.... If this technique is so dangerous, why are they still trying to hard to uncover its secrets?

Because it's the murim world were talking about.

BOT can be used as a bragging rights that their clan is the best in murim their member always says that their clan is the best in the murim world but if BOT is perfected and every one sees it will now say "Yeah Black Heaven and Earth Clan is the best" and it will create a ripple effect that makes other clans try to make their own tech to surpass BOT.

Right now Murim world is stagnant they seems to be okay with status quo after the Unwol incident there's no news about advancement of techniques, tournaments and other stuff that makes each clan compete with each other.

Orbs2op

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Hmmm. I don't like it. The Chief suddenly being all nice and honorable? Feels like an asspull to me.

He and the others promised the 9AD that they would grant him his wish if he wins. They didn't. Instead they put pressure on Unwol.
Then they erased any evidence regarding the tournament.

He used Shiwoon as a meat shield for gods sake.
He abandoned the Alliance while he wasn't the Chief.

Or his worries for his subordinates - he is the same guy that sacrificed i don't know how many to weaken 9AD in the tower...

Let's wait and see how this will go.
The real problem is eun what wrong of sharing the method? I get it's a rule but why pass on that technique to 9 arts and not the chief, I'm not saying what the chief did was right but eun is too strong to force the technique out of him, and 9 arts was already an advanced master and extremely talented at a young age with BOT going can't stop him either, if eun shared the technique if it failed so what?

shiwoon is his only hope even at the end of season 2, he could captured shiwoon after killing mustache creep, but he has been begging to teach him, honestly I think he should just share his findings to perfect the technique and let shiwoon fix it, since his body is haxed and it's either the ki flow that is off or it has to do with the mind/meditation it's between those points imo, shiwoon has too much going for him at this point.

Also fighting against shiwoon should be similar to when eun entered BOT, no segmented movements, teleporting around while hitting like truck, it's already too dangerous for them already since shiwoon is flying around at insane speeds, attacking in multiple directions at once BH&E martial arts are the strongest in the series, adding sunwoo arts is a waste imo.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Considering what 9AD was able to achieve with it...

Maybe it has some value?

Its weird that they don't seem to realize BOT induces a mindless, brainless, murderous, berserker state.

They version of BOT they want to develop is BOT power ups, without losing self control.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmmm. I don't like it. The Chief suddenly being all nice and honorable? Feels like an asspull to me.

Its always felt that way though.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The real problem is eun what wrong of sharing the method? I get it's a rule but why pass on that technique to 9 arts and not the chief

I would guess its for the same reasons Shion adopted the new kid.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I thought Shioon is not teaching the Suicide Kid BH&E Techs but Sunwoo Techs he just guided on how to do Ki Circulation and the rest are from Sunwoo Clan.

Maybe it has some value?

Its weird that they don't seem to realize BOT induces a mindless, brainless, murderous, berserker state.
They hide it because it's the antithesis of Black Heaven and Earth Sect is all about they always stays calm and serene but BOT is the reverse and they always think that BOT is just Ki Deviation gone wrong and thinks its not what it should do. Un-Wol thinks that it cannot be perfected and thinks that it will tarnish the name of his sect and hides it met GMR and thinks GMR can perfect it but it didn't.

Now i'm questioning how Shioon learned BOT? From the looks of it GMR didn't put it on the phone videos and still follows Un-Wol about how to share it is BOT just a burst of emotion and it will automatically unlock? Remember BH&E Sect's way is calm and serene but GMR and Shioon didn't grow inside the sect so they can't control their emotions and they let emotions control them. That's why no one in the BH&E Sect can do BOT because it will destroy what they trained for being calm and serene just to use BOT making them question the sects beliefs and foundation.

From the looks of it Un-Wol succeeded on hiding it now only Elders of Murim and BH&E Sect know what BOT is and young generations doesn't even know what it is.

Last edited:

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now i'm questioning how Shioon learned BOT? From the looks of it GMR didn't put it on the phone videos and still follows Un-Wol about how to share it is BOT just a burst of emotion and it will automatically unlock? Remember BH&E Sect's way is calm and serene but GMR and Shioon didn't grow inside the sect so they can't control their emotions and they let emotions control them. That's why no one in the BH&E Sect can do BOT because it will destroy what they trained for being calm and serene just to use BOT making them question the sects beliefs and foundation.
The process was taught to him by 9AD personally, based on the flashback we got when he was fighting that doctor from the Blood and Bones sect to save Sera.

Last edited:

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I thought Shioon is not teaching the Suicide Kid BH&E Techs but Sunwoo Techs he just guided on how to do Ki Circulation and the rest are from Sunwoo Clan.

Shion is teaching the new kid. The same way 9AD did him? A little at a time.

There could be an unwritten moral to the story of how they selected their apprentices.

From 9AD to Shion and the new kid. They were all bullied, picked on and made fun of when they were weak.

They grew up disliking bullies and oppressors Which could make them less likely to oppress others once they attained some semblance of power.

They hide it because it's the antithesis of Black Heaven and Earth Sect is all about they always stays calm and serene but BOT is the reverse and they always think that BOT is just Ki Deviation gone wrong and thinks its not what it should do. Un-Wol thinks that it cannot be perfected and thinks that it will tarnish the name of his sect and hides it met GMR and thinks GMR can perfect it but it didn't.

From the looks of it Un-Wol succeeded on hiding it now only Elders of Murim and BH&E Sect know what BOT is and young generations doesn't even know what it is.

I think Unwol showed BOT to the elders. Lost control. Killed them all.

They imprisoned Unwol in the cave for that crime.

BOT appears to increase the amount of ki flowing through a person's body. Its possible the brain can't handle that increase in energy. It results in an intoxicated state. Similar to what a person would experience intoxicated with alcohol or cocaine. Or maybe its closer to a psychotic break. Which have been known to trigger a violent rampage.

I don't remember much being said about 9AD's clan. Shion learned a "calm and serene" meditation technique to practice against opponents in his mind. But I think he learned that from another clan.

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

Maybe it has some value?

They version of BOT they want to develop is BOT power ups, without losing self control.

--- Double Post Merged, ---

9 arts accomplishments have nothing to do with BOT, he a very talented person more than most in the series, tbh BOT seems like a plot device more than anything what's so great about it really? A temp power boost worth so much hassle?

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't remember much being said about 9AD's clan. Shion learned a "calm and serene" meditation technique to practice against opponents in his mind. But I think he learned that from another clan.
According to MAA Chief Black Heaven and Earth Sects martial arts style prioritizes tranquility and calmness that's why when Shioon showed Lone Wolf his techs he got angry because its too murderous and told him that it's not how BH&E techs are used told Shioon that everytime he use a tech he feels like all of his bones will get broken and a big wall that he can't pass shows up and cant advance his techs anymore. That's why in the training arc we just see Shioon meditate to clear his mind.

The other one you're talking about is from Artist Society that he learned from the Clan Head and also Sera's Master.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
9 arts accomplishments have nothing to do with BOT, he a very talented person more than most in the series, tbh BOT seems like a plot device more than anything what's so great about it really? A temp power boost worth so much hassle?

Black heaven and earth ki accumulation technique is passed on to the disciple who comes closest to perfecting Black Origin Threshold. Its actually the ki accumulation technique which allowed 9AD to succeed the most. But 9AD couldn't have BOT without the accumulation technique. Maybe BOT deserves some credit.

BOT is like Kakashi's chidori in Kakashi Gaiden. He has chidori but lacks sharingan to avoid being countered to complete the technique. BOT likewise is incomplete without a method to remove the berserker state.

According to MAA Chief Black Heaven and Earth Sects martial arts style prioritizes tranquility and calmness that's why when Shioon showed Lone Wolf his techs he got angry because its too murderous and told him that it's not how BH&E techs are used told Shioon that everytime he use a tech he feels like all of his bones will get broken and a big wall that he can't pass shows up and cant advance his techs anymore. That's why in the training arc we just see Shioon meditate to clear his mind.

The other one you're talking about is from Artist Society that he learned from the Clan Head and also Sera's Master.

Shion's body posture and technique have flawed foundations. Due to him lacking a master to correct his errors, as he was learning. Its like when someone takes tai chi classes. Their first attempts at having the right body position and posture usually need correcting. Shion learned from watching video tapes and never had someone correct his body position, technique and posture. And that was holding him back big time.

Yeah, he learned from the Mil Yang clan(?). I can't take credit for remembering the name. Someone was looking over my shoulder as I was typing and said "Mil Yang clan". That's the only reason I got it right.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
I think because of undergoing through overhaul rebirth, Shioon might just be able to perfect BOT. Previously, he didn't try to maintain a peaceful mindstate so he gave in to the primal urges while in bot (it is just a theory though)

But let us see what happens. I would be happy if shioon masters bot without the intervention of eternal ki or ids

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Agreed. I do wonder what makes them label the immortal demon arts as "demonic/forbidden", whereas it is completely fine to dive into BOT.

What exactly do you mean? The whole story? The Chief?

They grew up disliking bullies and oppressors Which could make them less likely to oppress others once they attained some semblance of power.
Although two of them ended up bullying others. Especially the new kid. Beating up non murim ins. Twice!

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What exactly do you mean? The whole story? The Chief?

Canon lore from parts 1 and 2 were ignored. From the very beginning of part 3.

Its like...

Part 2: each clan has only 1 great master.

Part 3: except for the sunwoo clan which now has 2 great masters.

Maybe its been so long the authors forgot their own work.

Its always felt a bit off.

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Black heaven and earth ki accumulation technique is passed on to the disciple who comes closest to perfecting Black Origin Threshold. Its actually the ki accumulation technique which allowed 9AD to succeed the most. But 9AD couldn't have BOT without the accumulation technique. Maybe BOT deserves some credit.
I think a lot of the readers refer to the BHE ( Hyun Chun Ji Gong ) as the "martial arts" instead of a specific technique under the Arts of Dark Heaven and Earth Sect (Hyeon Won-Moon) which is he ultimate Ki/Power distribution technique.

This is were the confusion comes from.

Shin is not after the Black Origin Threshold. He is after the Hyun Chun Ji Gong.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Canon lore from parts 1 and 2 were ignored. From the very beginning of part 3.

Its like...

Part 2: each clan has only 1 great master.

Part 3: except for the sunwoo clan which now has 2 great masters.

Maybe its been so long the authors forgot their own work.

Its always felt a bit off.
You are referring to Elder Yang i assume?
Yeah, that part was a bit fuzzy. Although i think that they meant his potential and not his actual strength.
Jinnie confirms that later on when she talks with Hae Jae. He refers to the Chief and asks if anyone in the Clan is as strong as him. She says "There was someone" or something like that.

Regarding the whole BOT discussion: it gets a little bit confusing for me.
When 9AD snapped out of it because of Shiwoon, everybody was like "ooooohh, how could he do that?"
Since the last one who could use it was Unwol. And a lot of the people he showed it to died. How should they know anything about it?

Ryuu also commented on Shiwoon copying his moves while he was in BOT mode. Again, how should he know? Yeah, he was Unwol's disciple, but he never taught him those techniques. He might have seen him training, but if you think that the technique is so dangerous, you wouldn't do it in front of a kid, would you?

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Pacing of chapter really sucks it basically just few shots and done.

Really wished they fo back to black and white colored ones seems make every chapter shorter.

HakunaMatata

Reaction score
Country
France
Previous seasons were already this slow. It's annoying but at least the story is nice.

We're finally getting glimpse of what would be a mastered BOT
I guess Shin will intervene to wake him up before it's too late as he's the only one strong enough to do that.

PS : I laughed so hard at the Hawaiian dude's pose and expression after getting hit

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
One needs to be calm in BOT to master it which is tough, but at least there is a glimpse of grandmaster shiwoon, that kwon levels of speed so fast look like he didn't move, no reason for him to lose going forward, plus he doesn't need BOT to do any of this, after this fight I want to see shiwoon against the chief for training, to see if shiwoon can follow his movements normally.

I wonder what the chief thinks watching this? I'm sure shiwoon perfectly executing the primordial movements, should give him enough hope to help shiwoon master the technique than actually trying to get the secret of skill, don't really care cause the bhe martial arts are already broken, so the sooner BOT gets put to the side the better.