The Chaser and the Chased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Hi everyone! I'm the new ex revived former GC mod! :vbunny

I'm Iceiphoenix (also known as Ice, Icey, Queen Chibi, QC, Pho, Feenie, and the list goes on >_>) and I'm an Australian born Chinese. You can usually find me in the FF or somewhere around the Japanese and Korean Pop Hangout in the Otaku Cafe. Hmm... there really isn't much to say, so I'll just leave it up to you guys to pry any info about me out of me. :XD

Ask away! :hbunny

(Beware of smiley spam in my replies. :shifty)
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: iPho

Hi Icey! I get to spam ask questions first :drmke

What was the first the manga you read, or can remember reading?
Favorite manga?
Favorite food?
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: iPho

Nice...Icey has her own thread.

favorite movie?
Favorite drink?
Favorite place in Australia?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Hi Icey! I get to spam ask questions first :drmke

What was the first the manga you read, or can remember reading?
Favorite manga?
Favorite food?
Yay, Kait posts! :XD Congratz on getting the first post. :p

Anyway... the first manga I read was Fruits Basket. I had the Chinese dubbed anime when I was a kid and I had no idea what was going on. :XD One day, I saw the Fruits Basket manga at a bookstore and I decided to buy it~! :zomg

As for my favourite manga... I can't really choose just one, so my favourite shounen would be FMA, favourite shoujo would be Lovely Complex and my favourite sports manga would be E21.

Annnnnndd my favourite food would be too hard to decide! :XD If I break it up into categories, it would be easier, but the list would go on and on. :XD But the first 3 to pop into my head would be mango, curry laksa and frozen raspberries. :)

Nice...Icey has her own thread.

favorite movie?
Favorite drink?
Favorite place in Australia?
Hiya Thorn! :tem

My favourite movie from the top of my head (I have way too many favourites to choose from), would be Inception. The plot was so deep and it got me to watch it 6 times! :XD

A mango and passionfruit smoothie would be one of my favourite drinks... other favourites include Milo (a chocolate milk drink) and fresh orange juice.

Favourite place in Australia: Home~
Either that, or Kinokuniya in Sydney. :XD
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Ice made a thread. :turtle

I see you use :XD a lot, is it your favorite smiley?
What is your favorite thread to visit here on MH?
When do you go back to school (since you're on vacation atm... I think)?
How did you pick your user name?
Is there any type of food you don't like?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

I don't think I've asked this before, but what do you study atm?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

Ice:zomg

Favourite type of ice-cream?
Do you have an all-time favourite manga?
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: iPho

Hello Icey,

It nice to meet you. List 3 things you love about the land down under? :)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Haha, cute thread title. :amuse

What is your favorite Chinese food?
Favorite JPop and KPop song? Band? Singer?

Now I'm craving for pho. :oh
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

I'm so happy you made one, Icey! :luv

Pho. :drool

- Righty or lefty?
- Favourite song atm?
- Start reading One Piece. If you have/are...start posting in the OP section.
- Go and revive the k-pop hangout thread and while you're at it; post in the Otaku Culture section. Pwease. For me. T^T
- Favourite hot drink?
- Whatcha think of ice tea? you like?
- Apples or Oranges?

I'll be back, don't worry. :hug
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Ice made a thread. :turtle

I see you use :XD a lot, is it your favorite smiley?
What is your favorite thread to visit here on MH?
When do you go back to school (since you're on vacation atm... I think)?
How did you pick your user name?
Is there any type of food you don't like?
Hi AI!
:XD Isn't my favourite smiley, I just tend to overuse it a lot. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be out of :pmg :onoz :cookiehand :cookiestare or :aki

My favourite thread would be either the win threads, the awkward silence thread or the what are you currently listening to thread.

Man, after all these questions about my favourites, I just realized that I can never pick just one. :oh So indecisive. :darn

Anyway, I go back to school on the first of February. :iik Gahhh... year 11 seems so close now. :bored

As for my user name, there were a couple of reasons as to why... a couple of years ago, I found some Naruto fan art. I really liked them and I also really liked the artist's name (I seriously can't remember the name now. @_@) Iceiphoenix is kind of a cheap rip-off from that person's user name on Deviantart... I think it was also because I like eating ice blocks. :oh

Oh yes, there are a few kinds of foods I don't really like... the first one to pop into my head would be durian. When I was little, my mum's friend gave me some to try. I thought it was poached egg or something, so I happily took it and ate it, even though the taste was a bit strange. It was the canned type so the odour and the taste wasn't as strong. The next day, my mum bought fresh (I can hardly call that smell 'fresh' :notrust) durian and I asked what it was... I got freaked out by the smell of it and how gooey it looked and I've never been near one since. :oh Other than that, I don't really like eating shellfish...

Wow! Huge reply to your post! :blink Thanks for the questions~!

I don't think I've asked this before, but what do you study atm?
Hi Blai! :D
I'm going to be in year 11 this year, so the subjects I'm taking are English, Maths Methods 3/4 (year 12 level maths), General Maths* (Advanced General Maths... leads onto Specialist Maths next year), chemistry, physics and Chinese.

Ice:zomg

Favourite type of ice-cream?
Do you have an all-time favourite manga?
Googz:zomg

My favourite type of ice-cream would be cookies and cream. :drool Either that, or the mango, peach and orange sorbet I made the other day~! :turtle

As for the second question, the answer is no. :XD

Hello Icey,

It nice to meet you. List 3 things you love about the land down under? :)
Hi lordHokage! Nice to meet you too. :D

First of all, I love how multicultural it is here. There's not *as* much racism here, and you can try all sorts of different food. :)
Another thing would be the temperature range. It's never really freezing cold, and if it's super hot, you can always stay inside with the air con. :XD
Finally, I love the environment here. Compared to China, our skies are so blue, the air isn't smoggy, and there's so much green everywhere. :XD (Well, not in central Australia where the deserts are. :p)

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Haha, cute thread title. :amuse

What is your favorite Chinese food?
Favorite JPop and KPop song? Band? Singer?

Now I'm craving for pho. :oh
Hi riki!! Thanks! :XD

My favourite Chinese food would be my parents' Rainbow Beef~ :3 That stuff is soooo goood. :drool

My favourite JPop song would be Beautiful Hangover by Big Bang. They're actually a Korean group, but it's a Japanese song, sooo yeah. :XD My favourite JPop group would be Kat-tun, favourite band would be abingdon boys school (although that's more JRock :oh) and my favourite JPop singer would be Koda Kumi! :amuse

As for KPop, man, this is going to be so hard! D: My favourite songs ATM would be:
BTD by Infinite,
Stay by MBLAQ
and Supa Luv by Teen Top.

My favourite songs of all time would be
Y by MBLAQ,
Because of You by After School,
Soom by Beast,
Breathe by miss A,
Heartbeat by 2PM
and Can't Nobody by 2NE1.

My favourite KPop group would be a tie between Infinite, 2PM, MBLAQ, 2NE1 and miss A. As for my favourite band, it would be TRAX. Finally, my favourite singer would be Lee Hyori.

Man, that was difficult. :XD Bahahaaa, I'm kinda hungry right now... I want some pho as well. :XD

I'm so happy you made one, Icey! :luv

Pho. :drool

- Righty or lefty?
- Favourite song atm?
- Start reading One Piece. If you have/are...start posting in the OP section.
- Go and revive the k-pop hangout thread and while you're at it; post in the Otaku Culture section. Pwease. For me. T^T
- Favourite hot drink?
- Whatcha think of ice tea? you like?
- Apples or Oranges?

I'll be back, don't worry. :hug
Hi Bugz!! :D

I'm a righty, like 90% of the population. :XD

My favourite song... look at my reply to riki! :p

I think I'll start reading One Piece next holidays... :XD Hopefully... :p

I'll go revive it after lunch! There's something I want to ask you guys anyway. :XD

My favourite hot drink would be hot chocolate or tea... Or a caramel latte with a big scoop of cookies and cream ice-cream in it. :drool

Me like ice tea~ :drool If you're talking about the bottled stuff, I like lemon flavoured the most, though peach is pretty good too... Traditional ice tea is good too~ But I don't have it as often as the bottled type. :sweatdrop

Gahhh! You just had to pick two of my favourite fruits! :bored Well... if I had to pick... then... I would have to pick apples! Oranges are sometimes too sour, sometimes too bland... then there's the seeds and the juice flying everywhere if you're not careful. :XD

I look forward to your next visit! :hug
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: iPho

Your favorite music genre?

You have any real life idol?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

Ni hao, my fellow Chinese!! :glomp

I see you like KAT-TUN. And abs! :wtf

I like abs a lot, and used to like KT quite a bit. What makes you like KT? Do you like any other Johnny's groups? Do you watch their variety shows, if you do? Aaand, favourite KT member/Johnny's boy? :amuse

Since you like abs, do you like T.M.Revolution as well? :D
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

You guys like ABS? :wtf

I went to see them in Germany with some MH mods and they were awesome :wtf


I even kinda enjoyed the fanservice they gave the girls >,> BUT IT WAS THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT :yelling
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Rainbow Beef sounds yummy. Have you tried making any Chinese recipes yet?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

@Blai
You saw abs??? :wtf Lucky you! *is envious*

Hmm, what kind of fanservice are we talking about here? :XD

To stay a little more on topic... @Icey: have you seen any singer/band in concert before? :)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

I believe our discussion is relevant to Icey's interest so I hope it's okay that we continue this discussion here :p

Yeah, I went to that concert with Galth and Eni - where we met up with Schwindelmagier and it was superb. It was a nice and cozy place with space for about two hundered or so and they had such an incredible chemistry with the crowd. They also had tons of cameras there to record for their European Tour DVD.

With fanservice I'm talking about Hiroshi x Takanori :wtf
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Your favorite music genre?

You have any real life idol?
*Points to my reply to riki* My favourite kind of music would be Korean pop and the occasional Japanese pop and rock. :XD

My real life idols would be my dad... My dad owned a restaurant for about 35 years and worked as a chef there for all those years. He then decided to retire and sold the restaurant, but then he thought that retirement was too boring, so he bought a new restaurant just a bit more than a year later! :) I just admire how hard-working he is and his work ethic. :tem

Ni hao, my fellow Chinese!! :glomp

I see you like KAT-TUN. And abs! :wtf

I like abs a lot, and used to like KT quite a bit. What makes you like KT? Do you like any other Johnny's groups? Do you watch their variety shows, if you do? Aaand, favourite KT member/Johnny's boy? :amuse

Since you like abs, do you like T.M.Revolution as well? :D
Ni hao~!! :glomp

Ahahahaa, I only knew about KT because of a drama that Kame and Aka were in (Gokusen 2)... I decided to listen to their music a while later and I liked what I heard. :XD I also like NEWS as well. Because of Yamapi.

I don't really watch Japanese variety shows, but I've watched a few episodes of Tokyo Friend Park 2. (The ones with TVXQ, Sato Takeru and Yamapi. :amuse)
Ohooo, my absolute favourite Johnny's boy would be too hard to decide... so I'll just say that my favourites are what I like to call... "The Holy Trinity of Y.A.K." What Y.A.K. stands for, you ask? Yamapi, Akanishi and Kamenashi. :luv

Actually, I only got into ABS because of some anime OPs... so I haven't heard of T.M.Revolution. :sweatdrop I'll check them out soon~!

You guys like ABS? :wtf

I went to see them in Germany with some MH mods and they were awesome :wtf


I even kinda enjoyed the fanservice they gave the girls >,> BUT IT WAS THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT :yelling
Whoaa!!! So lucky!!! :wtf

You know, sometimes I question your se- *gets shot*

Rainbow Beef sounds yummy. Have you tried making any Chinese recipes yet?
I've been begging my parents to teach me some recipes, but they never really have the time. :scry I actually got my hands on a cookbook recently, so I'm planning so save up a bit to buy the ingredients. :tem

@Blai
You saw abs??? :wtf Lucky you! *is envious*

Hmm, what kind of fanservice are we talking about here? :XD

To stay a little more on topic... @Icey: have you seen any singer/band in concert before? :)
Fanservice is always awesome. :hurr

Anyway, yes indeed I have. :tem In 2009, my friend and I flew to Shanghai to see TVXQ's Mirotic Concert! :tem (We didn't fly there just to see them... We were going to go there to visit our relatives anyway. :XD) I think it was the last concert they performed together at, before the lawsuit. :(

I believe our discussion is relevant to Icey's interest so I hope it's okay that we continue this discussion here :p

Yeah, I went to that concert with Galth and Eni - where we met up with Schwindelmagier and it was superb. It was a nice and cozy place with space for about two hundered or so and they had such an incredible chemistry with the crowd. They also had tons of cameras there to record for their European Tour DVD.

With fanservice I'm talking about Hiroshi x Takanori :wtf
Continue on all you want. :p

Whoaaaa so lucky! *Jealous* Were the tickets hard to get?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Actually, I only got into ABS because of some anime OPs...
Darker than Black OP?

Whoaa!!! So lucky!!! :wtf

You know, sometimes I question your se- *gets shot*
:3c

HEY! Fanservice is fanservice, I'm a fan. I was bound to like it :hurr

(But just to be clear - I'm straight, and I can prove it baby :cheez)


Continue on all you want. :p

Whoaaaa so lucky! *Jealous* Were the tickets hard to get?
*giggles*

Well, I know that Eni got me my ticket but I assume they were because we booked and planned the meet/concert and booked the tickets around mid summer, and the actual concert was in early November :)

They performed in Stockholm too but I was too late to get tickets there :worrybunny
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Darker than Black OP?
Yep~ That, and DGM OP... and then I found out one of their songs is the OP for Segoku Basara as well. :XD

:3c

HEY! Fanservice is fanservice, I'm a fan. I was bound to like it :hurr
Fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, man, I love fanservice~! :turtle

(But just to be clear - I'm straight, and I can prove it baby :cheez)
No thanks. :oh

*giggles*

Well, I know that Eni got me my ticket but I assume they were because we booked and planned the meet/concert and booked the tickets around mid summer, and the actual concert was in early November :)

They performed in Stockholm too but I was too late to get tickets there :worrybunny
Ahh, I see. :XD Planning ahead. :thumbs At least it wasn't the type of concert where the ticketing site crashes a few minutes after the tickets are available. :XD

Wooow, you're that much of a fan? :o

(Well, I can't talk... I flew to Sydney for 2 days just to see a member of TVXQ. >_>)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top