The cnet128 Thread | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The cnet128 Thread

d3death

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
The reason my translations have been lagging lately is both because with Raw-Paradise and MangaHelpers both suddenly dropping out of the picture as RAW providers, it's been slower and more of a pain to actually find the RAWs, and also because I've been rather busy recently with final assessments and exams. All my assessments and exams are out of the way now, so that shouldn't be an issue in future.

I'll be away on a short holiday with my family from Monday-Friday next week, so I won't be able to do any translations during that period, but other than that, I'll hopefully be getting at least somewhat back "up to speed" soon enough.
i'll be sending you one piece raws via pm :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
glad to see your translations are back lol -I do count on your bleach trans-. This part about one of your translations did confuse me a tad though -specially since the juni one was different-.
Aizen: You are the only person in all of Soul Society with intelligence surpassing my own. // We may no longer be equals in power, but that does not eliminate my interest in you.
Urahara: ...You give me too much credit. // These days, I'm just... // ...a plain old candy-store owner. // Hadou #33... // Oukasen!!
The impression I had was that aizen was basically much stronger than any current and former captain besides yamamoto, yet this part here suggests urahara and aizen were pretty much equals at some point. The juni translation basically says they are just not equals in power, it does not imply equality at any point. Is this a matter of interpretation? Which one would be more accurate?

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
glad to see your translations are back lol -I do count on your bleach trans-. This part about one of your translations did confuse me a tad though -specially since the juni one was different-.

The impression I had was that aizen was basically much stronger than any current and former captain besides yamamoto, yet this part here suggests urahara and aizen were pretty much equals at some point. The juni translation basically says they are just not equals in power, it does not imply equality at any point. Is this a matter of interpretation? Which one would be more accurate?
Mine is the more accurate. Although I suppose now that you mention it, "equals" is perhaps a little too strong. *edits*

Darklord_NS

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
well i am very happy that you returned and my Edited Manga team depends on your translation which are awesome, and thanks for all your translation in future also.

ENDER3000

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hey Cnet, I was wondering if/when you had time, you could look at this picture and translate what it says regarding One Piece: Strong World. Theres a debate on whether its talking about the dvd being for the movie or for the anime filler episodes that were made for the movie. Thanks again for all your hard work! :D

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the filler episodes.

ENDER3000

Reaction score
Country
Canada
-screams a "NOOOOOO" almost as long as Orihime- NOOOOOOOO...............T____T. Thank you :D

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hi cnet! Just to let you know, on page 12 of your translation there is a typo, it says aizen instead of ichigo in the part about opening the senkaimon. On another note, I am very surprised at how different your translation is from others I have read.... Wish I could read japanesse lol...

Shippou_Incognito

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you done translating xxxholic? I really miss your translations. I've been trying to send RAWs to you but I get no response from you over here. Let me know if you want me to resend them to you.

baris777777

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi Cnet, we really miss your Fairy Tail translations! Please keep translating :)

X-Wind

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Aohige_AP and molokidan translation says that Brownbeard bounty is 80,000,000 Beli and yours says that it is over 80,000,000 Beli. So which is right and which is wrong ?

btw, thanks for the tl anyway :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
hi cnet! Could you translate this? It is a small section of the new bleach databook. Apparently it says the espada are VLs but no realiable translation of the section is around. Thanks for your time!
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1690/espada.jpg

cesmichael

Reaction score
Country
Peru
First I thank you for the effort that you put into your translations

I wonder why you're still not translating Soul Eater, as you used to do very well

Regards ^^

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have always found it weird that you don't seem to discuss mangas in MH. Maybe you got another account where you discuss the mangas. Anyway i'm just curious, but if you don't wanna say it i can understand. *runs away*

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hi cnet! How have you been? Noticed you haven't posted anything at all in quite a while at least, you must be very busy.

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not bad. I don't really post on the forums in general, so it's not particularly notable if I haven't been doing recently. Plus I'm not translating nearly as many series as I used to at the moment, so yeah.

I do kind of have a fair amount on my plate at the moment – I graduated from university this year, and I've just managed to land myself a professional translating job, which I'll be starting in a few weeks and involves moving to a different country, so yeah.

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Congratulations on the job, Carlos! Good luck in the new country.

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I second that, congrats and good luck, Carlos.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah seriously. Great job landing the job. :-P I love redundancy don't I?