Discussion - The Dark Regime of Azami? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Dark Regime of Azami?

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ladies and Gentle of the forum, this is it. The dark regime of the Exiled One, Azami Nakiri is finally begin and change is certainly coming, under his rules of course. With Erina's brainwashing via 1984 style and E10 now really becaming the Exiled One's cards, one could ever wonder if anyone at all actually knowing the truth behind his "enthusiasm" the change. Additionally, the now exiled Senzaemon is now revealing the truth behind Soma's enrollment into the academy, which also somewhat linking the academy before Saiba's departure from the academy.

So what do you think about this beginning of the Dark Regin? Will the Yukihira Genius will bring the ultimate revolution to bring the light back to the academy? Or the dark reigns continues until an unknown hero save the day?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'd bet in a mix of those options. I don't believe Souma, Isshiki and co. could start a strong movement against Azami without proof of how much a piece of crap he is (then needing Erina's backstory, either through her or Senzaemon). Also, since time itself could help them, because of the 3rd years graduation, we need to wait what king of strategy Azami will take to "keep control" of the E10. We barely got in touch with the current E10, it's too soon for new students IMO.

A pretty dark regime is being foreshadowed but we still don't know how it will happen. A 'Battle Royale'-kind of scenario? Azami himself choosing who stays and who is expelled from the academy? Each one demands a different approach from Souma and friends.

If I had to bet, I'd say Erina will ultimately be the one to dethrone Azami, either by defeating the last pro-Azami E10 (after a possible exit via a Shokugeki with Souma) or in a more direct way (don't ask me how). Well, at least this (having the majority of the E10) is the simplest way to "reconquer" Tootsuki.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
So what do you think about this beginning of the Dark Regin? Will the Yukihira Genius will bring the ultimate revolution to bring the light back to the academy? Or the dark reigns continues until an unknown hero save the day?
Speculation can't really begin until we see if the food of challengers is judged fairly. The first time Erina tasted Soma's food, she couldn't be honest with him. If Azami only allows bias judges that only vote to please Azami, then all the best efforts of the challengers is a waste of time.

Was there any light at the Academy in the first place? Go back and read Senzaemon's speech to the students. He is telling the students that most of them will fail and will only be stepping stones for the very best. I'm wondering how Azami's reign could be much worse?

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
uh senzaemon doesn't exactly exiled, tootsuki just have a change of director. Public opinion seems agree that he's already old, and in proper age to retire, not because some mysterious scandal that makes him banished like Azami. If Azami doing something outrageous, and managed to be overturned, I think there'll be no problem to restore senzaemon to his old position.

at this moment, it still vague about what he would do with Tootsuki academy. If he want to up the extreme-ness, I think this will generally meet with fodder students claiming "but that's impossible to do! *cries" while named character passed the test (in other words, the usual).
If he wants to weed character with plebians background disregarding their individual skill he will weed out majority of top contender of Autumn Election.

The second one seemingly more into Azami's ideal, but I cannot wrap my mind into idea that E10 is also hardcore snob like him. Granted, we don't know much about them before Azami busting in, but at least it'll be confusing for 2 people to be dat:
- rindou = who taste test all 120 stalls. Were she so hardcore snobs (elite food only lulz), she wouldn't even touch them (and we know that there are bizarre stalls like Nao's stall and insect food RS).
- eizan (shockingly) = one of his client is dat karaage shop. on train station. He'll do consult plebs food if it netted him money, why suddenly limiting to narrow elite snobs only now?

there's possiibility that azami also lies to E10 so he can gather their vote. But before we even getting into that possibility, there's a bigger issue on how exactly E10 can trust an unknown man (he's banished) to be able to do what they won't get from Senzaemon (whom we know, pretty lax with E10, if he agreed to be voted off by them like that)

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was there any light at the Academy in the first place? Go back and read Senzaemon's speech to the students. He is telling the students that most of them will fail and will only be stepping stones for the very best. I'm wondering how Azami's reign could be much worse?
Well, despite the heated cruel competition that Sensaemon stated, at the very least that the old man allows anybody to work their butt while having fun; Azami on the other hand-who focuses on prestige and believe that friendship with "commoners" is crap, believed that the gourmet is only thing the Tootski needs. Take a guess which is more unsettling and I can surely tell you this, Yukihira Genius will the first to revolt

solarwings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think that Azami might bring in some of his own students from his overseas HQ. Maybe some of the alumni who side with him as well.

seizzoverow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
he will lay low for 2~3 next chapter not harmng any other totsuki student except erina
cause he still in re brainwashing erina

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's quiet on the forums this week as everyone holds their breath, waiting to see the outcome of Soma's shokugeki with Eizan. It feels like a battle to decide the fate of Tootsuki, but it's only a battle that will let Soma and friends stay at Polar Star Dormitory. At the end of the battle Soma still returns to a school where no creativity is allowed. Azami won't be happy that the authority of Central was challenged. Does Azami have the authority to expel Soma or does that authority rest with the E10? We don't know what dark deal the E10 made with him and I'm hoping the next chapter will explain that. If the Azami regime is allowed to stay with no means to challenge it, this story could become as interesting as .....North Korea. I'm still hoping allies we haven't seen in a while will appear with new authority to take back control of the school.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
It's quiet on the forums this week as everyone holds their breath, waiting to see the outcome of Soma's shokugeki with Eizan. It feels like a battle to decide the fate of Tootsuki, but it's only a battle that will let Soma and friends stay at Polar Star Dormitory. At the end of the battle Soma still returns to a school where no creativity is allowed. Azami won't be happy that the authority of Central was challenged. Does Azami have the authority to expel Soma or does that authority rest with the E10? We don't know what dark deal the E10 made with him and I'm hoping the next chapter will explain that. If the Azami regime is allowed to stay with no means to challenge it, this story could become as interesting as .....North Korea. I'm still hoping allies we haven't seen in a while will appear with new authority to take back control of the school.
To be fair, It's finals week for some so that might explain some of the inactivity. But anyway, as long as PSD remains open then those who can pass Fumio's test will also be allowed to create as well.

Soma winning basically starts a chain reaction of ballsy people challenging the authority of Central. However, doesn't mean the fire starter will stay on one side.

Soma goes from hero of PSD to Champion of Central in span of 30-40 chapter :yodawg